There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Hamilton

Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Why do they keep pitching to him? Bonds NEVER got that. He would have hit sooo many more homeruns.

3 Homers and a double already in a game, and you still pitch to him? how about pitching AROUND him? Da f**k? His CAREER high in walks is 64.

in 5+ seasons he has 217 TOTAL walks.

TOTAL

Bonds had 232 in ONE season.

True, but look at the lineup the Rangers have as well. That lineup is STACKED.
dude is a beast
Why do they keep pitching to him? Bonds NEVER got that. He would have hit sooo many more homeruns.

3 Homers and a double already in a game, and you still pitch to him? how about pitching AROUND him? Da f**k? His CAREER high in walks is 64.

TOTAL

Hamilton aint Bonds bro
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Hamilton aint Bonds bro

oh, this i know. But what im saying is why are they still pitching to him. Same thing with Pujols when he was raking and knew how to hit homeruns.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Hamilton aint Bonds bro

oh, this i know. But what im saying is why are they still pitching to him. Same thing with Pujols when he was raking and knew how to hit homeruns.

I agree with you
The guy is crazy hot right now. Pitch around him

That game when he hit 4 hpmers.. After those first 2 homeruns you'd think they'd pitch around him. Then after the 3rd one you'd think they'd pitch around him.
[ Edited by ImaMod on May 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

TOTAL

True, but look at the lineup the Rangers have as well. That lineup is STACKED.

This. If he gets walked then there's a possibility for more runs. I like my chances pitching to him rather than having him on base with great hitters behind him.
If Bonds had a lineup anywhere close to the Rangers, and actually got pitched to, he would have hit 120 homeruns in 2001. And I dont feel like I am exaggerating in the slightest bit.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I know right. Bonds was ALWAYS pitched around unless nobody was on base.

Josh Hamiilton is a good dude doe.
Like a fallen hero.

He really isn't a good dude. He is super arrogant, blames other people and makes excuses (injury at home plate last year). I live in Dallas, and even people here are seeing through his act. He is a hell of a baseball player, but certainly not any kind of role model. Hell, he cheated on his wife with some ho in the bathroom of a bar here in town, then jumped the fence behind the bar to avoid attention.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I know right. Bonds was ALWAYS pitched around unless nobody was on base.

Josh Hamiilton is a good dude doe.
Like a fallen hero.

Hero?!
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
If Bonds had a lineup anywhere close to the Rangers, and actually got pitched to, he would have hit 120 homeruns in 2001. And I dont feel like I am exaggerating in the slightest bit.

You mean 120*
Originally posted by Goldson38:

You mean 120*

I like how everything with Bonds is tainted, and hes the only one. At least half of baseball was doing something in that era, but hes the only guy that people want to erase from the record book.

Baseball players have been cheating since the beginning. In some way, shape, or form. All the guys from before the mid 80's get automatic immunity, and the "wholesome, fair and square" label. It might not have been steroids, but I bet youd be shocked at how much the old time guys were bending the rules. Its not like baseball players from 1985-2005 all the sudden had no morals. The same factors that caused players to cheat in the steroid era came out in other forms during the rest of history.

It comes down to the fact that people hated Bonds. He was a jerk to the media, which represented him to the public. Bonds never even took anything illegal. The stuff he was using wasnt even on the banned substance list at the time. Then you got A-Rod getting caught using illegal substances that were specifically banned, and nobody even remembers it. You think A-Rod is going to get the same baptism of fire if he ever passes Bonds?

The fact that 85% of baseball fans think of Bonds as a cheater who deserves to be left out of the HOF just shows how powerful the media is at swaying an audience. Bonds was a HOFer before he ever touched roids. Now its going to take him a long time to get in, just out of spite.

Steroids had nothing to do with the ability Bonds had. His bat speed and eye for the zone were unmatched regardless. Steroids helped, but he got the biggest boost in just simply being able to play 150+ games a year well after age 35. It really wasnt as much about the power as people think.

Bonds played in an era. He wasnt the only guy benefiting from the substances. Does that make it right? No. But you have to step back and look at the big picture, which wasnt about him, but the game as whole. He was the best player of his era. He gave us an idea of what it was like to be a baseball fans in the days of Babe Ruth, where every at-bat was a spectacle. As a Giants fan, you would center your plans around when Bonds was going to bat. "Don't leave the room, Bonds is up next inning." As a non-Giants baseball fan, people specifically bought tickets to games against the Giants if you lived in another city, just to see Bonds hit.

The notion that you can inject a drug and become like Babe Ruth is funny to me. Maybe its different for people who saw him play everyday, I dont know. The fact that the media and the fans are taking one of the greatest careers baseball has ever seen, and turning it into a big farce is a shame.

/rant
99.. most of what you say is certainly true. Bonds was a HOF player before he got on roids. He did have amazing bat speed and an incredible eye. He also was a gold glove fielder and an amazing base stealer in his earlier years. He also was not alone in taking roids. That is obvious.

However, I cant feel sorry for Barry. He used PEDs and there is no way he has the MLB records for career or single season HRs without them. His greatest seasons were at an age when he should have been declining. He knew what the roids were doing for him and he was rewarded greatly for it.

I dont think his entire career should be tainted at all and I do think he should be in the HOF. However, his HR records will always be tainted and rightfully so.
Originally posted by Niners99:

You mean 120*

I like how everything with Bonds is tainted, and hes the only one. At least half of baseball was doing something in that era, but hes the only guy that people want to erase from the record book.

Baseball players have been cheating since the beginning. In some way, shape, or form. All the guys from before the mid 80's get automatic immunity, and the "wholesome, fair and square" label. It might not have been steroids, but I bet youd be shocked at how much the old time guys were bending the rules. Its not like baseball players from 1985-2005 all the sudden had no morals. The same factors that caused players to cheat in the steroid era came out in other forms during the rest of history.

It comes down to the fact that people hated Bonds. He was a jerk to the media, which represented him to the public. Bonds never even took anything illegal. The stuff he was using wasnt even on the banned substance list at the time. Then you got A-Rod getting caught using illegal substances that were specifically banned, and nobody even remembers it. You think A-Rod is going to get the same baptism of fire if he ever passes Bonds?

The fact that 85% of baseball fans think of Bonds as a cheater who deserves to be left out of the HOF just shows how powerful the media is at swaying an audience. Bonds was a HOFer before he ever touched roids. Now its going to take him a long time to get in, just out of spite.

Steroids had nothing to do with the ability Bonds had. His bat speed and eye for the zone were unmatched regardless. Steroids helped, but he got the biggest boost in just simply being able to play 150+ games a year well after age 35. It really wasnt as much about the power as people think.

Bonds played in an era. He wasnt the only guy benefiting from the substances. Does that make it right? No. But you have to step back and look at the big picture, which wasnt about him, but the game as whole. He was the best player of his era. He gave us an idea of what it was like to be a baseball fans in the days of Babe Ruth, where every at-bat was a spectacle. As a Giants fan, you would center your plans around when Bonds was going to bat. "Don't leave the room, Bonds is up next inning." As a non-Giants baseball fan, people specifically bought tickets to games against the Giants if you lived in another city, just to see Bonds hit.

The notion that you can inject a drug and become like Babe Ruth is funny to me. Maybe its different for people who saw him play everyday, I dont know. The fact that the media and the fans are taking one of the greatest careers baseball has ever seen, and turning it into a big farce is a shame.

/rant

Completely agree!
Originally posted by Niners99:

You mean 120*

/rant

*tears of joy.

Nobody has ever made this much sense on this forum before that I have seen. The fact that Barry was an "a*****e" to the media will be his undoing; however, the media has a way to be "bullies" themselves. (His dad was a victim in that) In that case, I don't care he's an a*****e. No one is talking about Gagne's performance in 04 when he "stole" the cy young award from Schmidt. How about A-Rod? Will he a first ballot hall-of-famer?
Lol..niners99..another blunder