LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

If you want to discuss the fight or the decision, feel free. Do not come in here just to incite or say boxing is dead. We discourage inciting in every thread, the boxing threads are no different.

I watched the fight last night as well. Good fight, bad decision. Manny was the aggressor, landed the crisper, cleaner punches and did it in 10 of 12 rounds. I don't know what the judges saw, but I was very disappointed at the end.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
85% of the boxing world voted online after the marquez vs pacquao fight saying marquez won
karma?

and anyone knoe where i can see the fight now?

I watched that fight. While I agree that Marquez had a slight edge, I've always agreed with the thinking that to be the champ, you got to beat the champ. I wouldn't give the title away for what basically was a draw.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Wait, what? Bradley won??? LMAO I was actually watching the fight and stopped mid-fight because it was so boring. Thought Manny was cruising to victory.
Ok, so first of all let me start by saying in no expert lol
But I watched the first 10 rounds
And I was expecting pacquiao to dominate by the way people where outraged...
This is by far the least active I've ever seen manny.
He almost always waited for the last 30 secs before he did anything and then would only throw at Bradley's head
Bradley would then just duck and then block high and countered

So in conclusion
Bradley's jabs, head movement, and counters won him the fight
Pacquiao's head hunting, lack of attacking, and lack of a killer instinct lost him the fight.
In all reality Manny should of ended it after his big 6th round, but instead he sat back and let Bradley's jabs dictate the rest of the fight
First Jessica Sanchez loses to philip Philips on american idol and now this. A revolution is going to erupt in the philippines. And possibly Daly City.
While Pacquiao won this fight easily, on points. The lose falls on him he should have knocked Bradley out instead of f**king around and leaving it in the judges hands.
Max Kellerman can eat a dick he was on Bradley nuts until the fight started and quickly changed it up talking about how great Pacman was and his comment "Third World Emperor" complete b******t.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
If you want to discuss the fight or the decision, feel free. Do not come in here just to incite or say boxing is dead. We discourage inciting in every thread, the boxing threads are no different.

I watched the fight last night as well. Good fight, bad decision. Manny was the aggressor, landed the crisper, cleaner punches and did it in 10 of 12 rounds. I don't know what the judges saw, but I was very disappointed at the end.

Not trying to incite, but why can we not say boxing is dead? To me it really is, and stuff like this is the sole reason for that. Manny vs. Marquez, Floyd's sucker punch fiasco, now this? Not to mention these two superstars afraid to meet each other over hgh, location, blah blah. I mean these are the some of the biggest fighters out there and these fights have been very questionable. How am I supposed to watch any boxing match and not get a feeling someone is getting paid off? If people get disappointed that people are saying boxing is dead than that is their problem. I understand some may be inciting, my post last night was intended as a joke, I didn't realize people were so touchy on a subject. But boxing is dying slowly, and if it takes something like this to get the attention back that only proves my point.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Not trying to incite, but why can we not say boxing is dead? To me it really is, and stuff like this is the sole reason for that. Manny vs. Marquez, Floyd's sucker punch fiasco, now this? Not to mention these two superstars afraid to meet each other over hgh, location, blah blah. I mean these are the some of the biggest fighters out there and these fights have been very questionable. How am I supposed to watch any boxing match and not get a feeling someone is getting paid off? If people get disappointed that people are saying boxing is dead than that is their problem. I understand some may be inciting, my post last night was intended as a joke, I didn't realize people were so touchy on a subject. But boxing is dying slowly, and if it takes something like this to get the attention back that only proves my point.

If you think it's dead why are you posting in here? Also, if you think it's dead, stay out of the thread that people enjoy. Boxing is important to people and coming in here posting that stuff gets old quick, and is inciting.
Bad decision but I'm very very very happy that Manny lost
Is Manny a Celtics fan?

Double whammy if so for him.

• Jiks

If you think it's dead why are you posting in here? Also, if you think it's dead, stay out of the thread that people enjoy. Boxing is important to people and coming in here posting that stuff gets old quick, and is inciting.
Can you provide rules stating I cannot post in certain threads for certain reasons? I can't post because I think something different than other people? Again I started off saying I am not trying to incite. Then I give reasoning behind why I feel it is dying such as the last few big time fights between some of the sports biggest competitors being suspicious. There is nothing wrong with my post. Am I doing anything wrong?

Check Amir's post in the Alex thread. He can say stuff like "Can we please just end this stupid Alex Smith experiment. Start Kaep already." What is that? Do I get all butt hurt about stuff like that? And sorry Amir I actually think you are a good poster around here, but it's the same difference.

But I will leave it at that so I myself don't get into trouble. I still feel I should have every right to post in this thread as long as rules are not being broken.
Can you provide rules stating I cannot post in certain threads for certain reasons? I can't post because I think something different than other people? Again I started off saying I am not trying to incite. Then I give reasoning behind why I feel it is dying such as the last few big time fights between some of the sports biggest competitors being suspicious. There is nothing wrong with my post. Am I doing anything wrong?

Check Amir's post in the Alex thread. He can say stuff like "Can we please just end this stupid Alex Smith experiment. Start Kaep already." What is that? Do I get all butt hurt about stuff like that? And sorry Amir I actually think you are a good poster around here, but it's the same difference.

But I will leave it at that so I myself don't get into trouble. I still feel I should have every right to post in this thread as long as rules are not being broken.

Yeah, it's in the rules already. Read them. If you want to talk specifics, pm me so the thread doesn't get jacked more than it is.

QFT
Quote:
"I thought Tim Bradley put up one helluva fight," Mayweather Sr. told ESPN.com. "But I didn't think he won the fight.

"I didn't score the fight. I can just tell you, I knew Pacquiao won. I felt he won the fight. I felt like there was a gap, where you could see who was winning."

Quote:
Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward
Listen, I love Tim Bradley he's a friend. This is not his fault. Tim lost the fight, that's all I can say.

hmm
Originally posted by Amir:
i just watched it with rubberneck who ordered it and he's white.

Rubber is white??
Share 49ersWebzone