LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Team USA Basketball--London Gold Medal Olympic Champions

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I really hope the Olympics put an age limit for basketball. Say 25. I dont think the USA needs to prove to anyone that this country would win anytime if it puts its best players on the court. I always find it really boring when the outcomes are pretty much a given.

Oh.. no chance in hell this team would have ever beaten the Dream Team.

Did you watch the game today? It was competitive as hell and awesome.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I really hope the Olympics put an age limit for basketball. Say 25. I dont think the USA needs to prove to anyone that this country would win anytime if it puts its best players on the court. I always find it really boring when the outcomes are pretty much a given.

Oh.. no chance in hell this team would have ever beaten the Dream Team.

Did you watch the game today? It was competitive as hell and awesome.

I didnt but I knew the US would win. Yes, this one was competitive but the others were mostly blow outs. I just didnt find it all that awesome to see a bunch of multi-millionaires win the Gold medal again.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I didnt but I knew the US would win. Yes, this one was competitive but the others were mostly blow outs. I just didnt find it all that awesome to see a bunch of multi-millionaires win the Gold medal again.

What does that have to do with gold-medal?
= Gasol
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yeah, there's quite a few olympic gold medalists that are multi-millionaires.

And even if they do go under 25 (or whatever), those players will still be multi-millionaires, too.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM ]
I didnt but I knew the US would win. Yes, this one was competitive but the others were mostly blow outs. I just didnt find it all that awesome to see a bunch of multi-millionaires win the Gold medal

I know that people think its awesome that we send the best NBA players to the Olympics to destroy the other teams. Same people who love the fact that the Miami Heat goes out and buys a title and that the Lakers have 4 superstars in their starting lineup. Personally, I think the NBA is now a joke and Olympic basketball kind of is too. Just my opinion and I know its in the minority.
I didnt but I knew the US would win. Yes, this one was competitive but the others were mostly blow outs. I just didnt find it all that awesome to see a bunch of multi-millionaires win the Gold medal

I know that people think its awesome that we send the best NBA players to the Olympics to destroy the other teams. Same people who love the fact that the Miami Heat goes out and buys a title and that the Lakers have 4 superstars in their starting lineup. Personally, I think the NBA is now a joke and Olympic basketball kind of is too. Just my opinion and I know its in the minority.

Why does it matter if we're not the only team sending out players over the age of 25? If there were an age restriction, we would still win
Originally posted by YungAce:

Why does it matter if we're not the only team sending out players over the age of 25? If there were an age restriction, we would still win

Probably but it wouldnt be a 100% sure thing. By the way, soccer in the Olympics allows only 3 players over the age of 23 for any team.

Probably but it wouldnt be a 100% sure thing. By the way, soccer in the Olympics allows only 3 players over the age of 23 for any team.

I've always wondered how Soccer worked.

Here's a list of some good NBA players 23 and under that would have been eligible for this year's Olympics.

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose (injured)
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Demarcus Cousins
Eric Gordon
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
Klay Thompson
Demar Derozan
Tyreke Evans
Kawhi Leonard
Derrick Favors

Including Anthony Davis and basically everyone else from this last draft.

I like our chances

Rose/Westbrook/Durant/Griffin/Cousins
[ Edited by YungAce on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM ]

I've always wondered how Soccer worked.

Here's a list of some good NBA players 23 and under that would have been eligible for this year's Olympics.

Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose (injured)
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Demarcus Cousins
Eric Gordon
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
Klay Thompson
Demar Derozan
Tyreke Evans
Kawhi Leonard
Derrick Favors

Including Anthony Davis and basically everyone else from this last draft.

I like our chances

Rose/Westbrook/Durant/Griffin/Cousins

The 23 and under stuff is stupid. What's wrong with the rest of the world? Scared?

Put the best players on the floor and compete and see what happens. Stop being such wooossies.

I see what you're trying to do. The gap is narrowing. Eventually the Dream Team will lose. You want this to be their walk into the sunset. Good call.
lol @ Love not wanting to dance

they could have used an extra center.. spain was eatin' em for a minute

If we make the US players play with only one hand, it won't be a 100% either.

Worst. Argument. Ever.
Yea it's a pretty ridiculous argument. The Olympic games pre-Beijing showed that if we don't send our best players that we can't compete in today's international basketball scene. We have to send our superstars because the other top countries all have high level talent and some have multiple players that are in the nba as well. We sent our scrubs for awhile, it didn't work.
Share 49ersWebzone