LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Team USA Basketball--London Gold Medal Olympic Champions

Originally posted by Joecool:
Whoa! If you told me Pau, Marc, and Ibaka are on the same team, I would say they would dominate, especially against a team who's best players are Parker and Diaw. Boy was I wrong.

Batum's pretty good. I think Turiaf is also on the squad, but I'm with ya on that one.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Kobe leading the Americans in scoring against the Aussies

he looked pissed yesterday.. i'm glad he got his

he was forcing it the past couple of games before that.. i guess he's not used to being the 3rd/4th best player on the floor
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Kobe leading the Americans in scoring against the Aussies

he looked pissed yesterday.. i'm glad he got his

he was forcing it the past couple of games before that.. i guess he's not used to being the 3rd/4th best player on the floor

This may seem weird but I think some of these guys struggle shooting because they're not used to getting wide open looks. Guys like Kobe, Durant, and Lebron are used to having to work for their baskets and not used to stepping into jumpers
Wow. Time to step up.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I think we could probably lose to Argentina in Pool play if we don't have established roles yet.

Bosh is out. If one more all star drops I'll start to doubt our ability to win gold.

haha do you know anything about International basketball?

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think this team is definitely beatable. Having Chandler as your only inside presence is a major weakness imo. Teams can take away the middle of the floor with a guy like Nene and good defense, and force them to hit jump shots. Not saying this team sucks, but the lack of a big man could lose these guys a game I feel. I think the Gasol's just might give these guys a good fight.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They can throw away the 1992 talk. That's for sure. They will struggle just this year in the Olympics.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm really worried about this team. They might come out with a Silver or Bronze....

Awesome sayings at the end by Bob Fitzgerald you know he practiced "there will be no changing of the guard in London."

And

"team USA went to London like the Beatles and rolling stones who cut albums that turned into gold"

I thought Chris Paul made three great plays half way through the fourth to really hold off the Spanish momentum and it's good to see Lebron as the closer.

How about the eyebrow! A national Championship and gold metal before his first nba game.

How about the eyebrow! A national Championship and gold metal before his first nba game.

Christian Laettner approves.
That squad was a Dwight Howard away from being completely untouchable. CP3/Kobe/Durant/LeBron on the court together was just filthy.
Remember the Maine, to Hell with Spain!

the champs!!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
That squad was a Dwight Howard away from being completely untouchable. CP3/Kobe/Durant/LeBron on the court together was just filthy.

Give props to Spain...or should I say gasol

Gasol dominated the 3rd and was beasting all game...... till lebron swiped his eye. Stopped momentum.
Can someone link me to highlights?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Give props to Spain...or should I say gasol

Gasol dominated the 3rd and was beasting all game...... till lebron swiped his eye. Stopped momentum.

Yeah Gasol seems to better for Spain than he does for the Lakers where he goes into vagina mode
I really hope the Olympics put an age limit for basketball. Say 25. I dont think the USA needs to prove to anyone that this country would win anytime if it puts its best players on the court. I always find it really boring when the outcomes are pretty much a given.

Oh.. no chance in hell this team would have ever beaten the Dream Team.
Share 49ersWebzone