LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Supporting 49ers, but not supporting SFGiants, Sharks, Warriors etc

Originally posted by drunk49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't

Obviously you didn't read them all.

Read yours, read them all. Still stand by my statement

translation: your team sucks and you're jealous

basically
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't

When you're 5 years old and you're doing what your big brother tells you to do, that's not bandwagoning. They could've been the worst team of all time and I wouldn't have known any different. Your blanket statement is incorrect, and is just one out of hatred.

And after 30+ years, you can hardly call it being a bandwagon fan. So to you, I say good day.

Hey man it's cool. 30 years ago you're brother jumped on the bandwagon and he took you along.

When you're 5 years old and you're doing what your big brother tells you to do, that's not bandwagoning. They could've been the worst team of all time and I wouldn't have known any different. Your blanket statement is incorrect, and is just one out of hatred.

And after 30+ years, you can hardly call it being a bandwagon fan. So to you, I say good day.

Hey man it's cool. 30 years ago you're brother jumped on the bandwagon and he took you along.

Yeah Stoney You're brother got you onto the Lakers bandwagon
i really don't get people not rooting for there home town teams... i wouldnt claim to be from any where other than Los Angeles so why would i rep a team from new York or Dallas or anywhere other than LA... maybe some would beg to differ but you wont change my mind on that statement. i do root for the 9ers but the LA football teams bounced before i even knew who they were so i guess naturally i was drawn to the great city of San Francisco to look for my squad ...
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I don't know why you guys are so mad. You are from SoCal so my statement wasn't towards you. And my statement would also extend to the Yankees and Cowboys/Steelers etc.

10 championships in 30+ years nearly 1 every 3 years. Yea real hard to stay on the bandwagon

haha ... yea stoney your a bandwaggoner by default .. as a angeleno i dont hold that against you ...i kid i kid

I don't know why you guys are so mad. You are from SoCal so my statement wasn't towards you. And my statement would also extend to the Yankees and Cowboys/Steelers etc.

10 championships in 30+ years nearly 1 every 3 years. Yea real hard to stay on the bandwagon

Began rooting for the Niners around 1992 when I was 7. First season I remember is 1994 though. My friend down the street was a fan and I followed suite. Was completely hooked from that moment on.

Root for the SF Giants because my grandfather was a fan from their days in NY and went to see them as a kid. When they moved to SF, he continued to root for them.

Was a huge knicks fan as a kid. I still root for them, but wouldn't consider myself a big-time fan because I just don't watch the NBA much at all like I used to. Fell off in the post-Jordan era when it was terrible to watch. Nothing beat 90's basketball.

The 49ers and the NFL are really the only sport I'm truly invested in.

You're failing to recognize the facts. Had Magic Johnson been drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers, then he would have followed the cavs and not the Lakers, as would I have. Your quick trigger to hate makes you see it as you do. Whatever makes you feel better.

And by monsters logic, any of you SoCalers that are Niner fans are just bandwagoners and follow the team solely on their success of the 80's/90's. You have no legitimate reasons to follow this team, as they are not from your region of the country.
My family originated from SF in the 70s and left for Chicago in the early 90s. The A's and 49ers were on top and my dad was a huge Laker fan also so that is why I follow the 3 teams and I cannot be happier that I do so.

When people call other people bandwagon fans I think its hilarious. We aren't bandwagon fans... you are bitter your team is a load of s**t.
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:
i really don't get people not rooting for there home town teams... i wouldnt claim to be from any where other than Los Angeles so why would i rep a team from new York or Dallas or anywhere other than LA... maybe some would beg to differ but you wont change my mind on that statement. i do root for the 9ers but the LA football teams bounced before i even knew who they were so i guess naturally i was drawn to the great city of San Francisco to look for my squad ...

i think there's a couple factors in play. if you move around while growing up, that can cause for multiple affiliations or mixed affiliations. also if you have a family member like a dad or a brother who loves one particular sport and is from somewhere else. my dad was a massive laker fan from socal, hence i became a laker fan because he raised me watching them. i lived here, so i picked up giants, sharks and niners by being from here.
Started liking teams out of the area because thats what was on T.V when I was younger, then I just became a devoted fan.

49ers
braves
bulls
Originally posted by drunk49er:
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:

i think there's a couple factors in play. if you move around while growing up, that can cause for multiple affiliations or mixed affiliations. also if you have a family member like a dad or a brother who loves one particular sport and is from somewhere else. my dad was a massive laker fan from socal, hence i became a laker fan because he raised me watching them. i lived here, so i picked up giants, sharks and niners by being from here.

i see the logic behind that argument ... makes sense , youve changed my mind slightly lol
Currently live in Europe, but lived my childhood in Houston, Texas. For whatever reason I've been rooting for the 49ers since I was 7. Without a doubt my favorite team PERIOD.

However living Texas made me apprecaite the Astros and Rockets. Ironically since I loved the 49ers I completed HATED the Cowboys . My dad's favorite team was the Oilers and I like to see the Texans do well....I also support UT Longhorns...

49ers
Astros
Rockets
Longhorns
Share 49ersWebzone