Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 733 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

It is so difficult to watch this team
Originally posted by SF69ers:
It is so difficult to watch this team

I use my eyes. It is easy, you may need to get your eyes checked.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Brett Pill, Charlie Culberson, Brandon Crawford and Emmanuel Burris were the starting infield today...That HAS to be the worst infield in baseball, and by a LONG shot.



Yet this is who some fans have wanted on the field. You reap what you sow I guess
Seriously? You actually think there are fans that wanted THIS infield? I kind of doubt that. It is pathetic. Thanks Brian for our terrific minor league system and putting such a power house hitting team together.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
It is so difficult to watch this team

I use my eyes. It is easy, you may need to get your eyes checked.

Let me rephrase that, then...

This team makes me want to rip my eyes out.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
honestly Sabean needs to be fired after this season. This team he puts out on the field doesn't get it done.

I totally agree with you and hope it happens...but I doubt it will. He will get another pass because of the injuries. His front office supporters will say if Pablo is healthy, is Freddy is healthy, if Wilson is healthy, etc. we contend for the west. And they very well might be correct. But his bad moves, bad signings, bad trade, failure to address the RF and SS position are the final straw for me. Unfortnately he will probably have their support again. (especially when you couple it with the WS win). The problem is we had young pieces and pitching to be a legit 5 year contender. He will make us miss our prime.

Agreed. The sad thing is we could have prevented the 2b problem by re-signing Keppinger for cheap, and we could have either re-signed Beltran or saved Wheeler to trade for someone else. It was a horrible decision to make that trade if they never intended to re-sign Beltran. Wilson's healthy was shaky for most of last year and to be honest when he came into this year and his elbow failed immediately I wasn't surprised. Freddy is trying to move to 3rd because he can't throw across his body, and he's having back problems too, so I think he's finished. The problem with the "if we were healthy we contend for the west" line is that he should've seen atleast some of this coming since it was a very real possibility we wouldn't be healthy. That's why you have depth. Just look at the Cardinals, they lose Pujols and are one of the best hitting teams in the league still.

Honestly I think the Dodgers are going to fall off because their only talent is Kemp, Ethier, and Kershaw, and most of their pitching has been overachievers, and this division is pretty crappy, so we could tread water a bit or even be sub.500 for a while and still contend. But we should be doing a lot better than this. Our pitching has been fantastic this year but because of poor offense and poor defense it's not mattering. That's Sabean's fault. He needs to make some deals to fix it soon, or he needs to go IMO.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Brett Pill, Charlie Culberson, Brandon Crawford and Emmanuel Burris were the starting infield today...That HAS to be the worst infield in baseball, and by a LONG shot.



Yet this is who some fans have wanted on the field. You reap what you sow I guess
Seriously? You actually think there are fans that wanted THIS infield? I kind of doubt that. It is pathetic. Thanks Brian for our terrific minor league system and putting such a power house hitting team together.

Ya, I dont remember anyone wanting this as the infield. I think you are confusing wish list infield moves at the start of the season with finding something that works given the crappy infield that we are dealing with. Thanks Brian for our terrific minor league system and for trading away real talent for no return.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
It is so difficult to watch this team

I use my eyes. It is easy, you may need to get your eyes checked.


He probably slept through the first 3 innings, that's why.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
It is so difficult to watch this team

I use my eyes. It is easy, you may need to get your eyes checked.


He probably slept through the first 3 innings, that's why.

lol, true
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
He probably slept through the first 3 innings, that's why.

twas at the gym. come at me, bro
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
He probably slept through the first 3 innings, that's why.

twas at the gym. come at me, bro


Me too! Didn't watch a single pitch and not a single f**k was given.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
He probably slept through the first 3 innings, that's why.

twas at the gym. come at me, bro


Me too! Didn't watch a single pitch and not a single f**k was given.



I kept checking my phone for updates and the annoyance actually helped me work out harder
Originally posted by SF69ers:


I kept checking my phone for updates and the annoyance actually helped me work out harder

I need to remove you two from the front page.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
honestly Sabean needs to be fired after this season. This team he puts out on the field doesn't get it done.

I totally agree with you and hope it happens...but I doubt it will. He will get another pass because of the injuries. His front office supporters will say if Pablo is healthy, is Freddy is healthy, if Wilson is healthy, etc. we contend for the west. And they very well might be correct. But his bad moves, bad signings, bad trade, failure to address the RF and SS position are the final straw for me. Unfortnately he will probably have their support again. (especially when you couple it with the WS win). The problem is we had young pieces and pitching to be a legit 5 year contender. He will make us miss our prime.

Agreed. The sad thing is we could have prevented the 2b problem by re-signing Keppinger for cheap, and we could have either re-signed Beltran or saved Wheeler to trade for someone else. It was a horrible decision to make that trade if they never intended to re-sign Beltran. Wilson's healthy was shaky for most of last year and to be honest when he came into this year and his elbow failed immediately I wasn't surprised. Freddy is trying to move to 3rd because he can't throw across his body, and he's having back problems too, so I think he's finished. The problem with the "if we were healthy we contend for the west" line is that he should've seen atleast some of this coming since it was a very real possibility we wouldn't be healthy. That's why you have depth. Just look at the Cardinals, they lose Pujols and are one of the best hitting teams in the league still.

Honestly I think the Dodgers are going to fall off because their only talent is Kemp, Ethier, and Kershaw, and most of their pitching has been overachievers, and this division is pretty crappy, so we could tread water a bit or even be sub.500 for a while and still contend. But we should be doing a lot better than this. Our pitching has been fantastic this year but because of poor offense and poor defense it's not mattering. That's Sabean's fault. He needs to make some deals to fix it soon, or he needs to go IMO.

I agree. Signing Beltran and Keppinger and making a cheap deal for Lowrie would have made this team so much better. Sabean put too much faith in Nate to play everday in RF, Huff to somehow come back to 2010 form ( which was completely unrealistic), and Sanchez to also come back to form and play almost everday.

Just think.. Beltran instead of Nate in RF, Lowrie instead of Crawford at SS, Keppinger instead of Burris at 2b. All for short term deals and for little cost to the team.

The problem now is that the Giants have virtually NO trade chips to go out and get any real help. Its difficult to trade pitching because there is NOTHING in the minors that is close to being ready to produce. Their hitting prospects arent doing much at all either and quite frankly are not elite so I doubt they get much for any of them either (outside of Gary Brown).

The only bright side is that the NL West isnt that great and that the Dodgers do have holes in their lineup. They could come back to earth some and there are a lot of games left in the season. However, right now they are a much better team than the Giants.
For those of you who were debating the potential extension of Melky, here is an interesting article to read:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/how-long-should-the-giants-keep-melk-ing-it/
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
For those of you who were debating the potential extension of Melky, here is an interesting article to read:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/how-long-should-the-giants-keep-melk-ing-it/

too soon to give him an extension
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone