There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by ImaMod:
I wonder what Dwight Howard's is. I googled it a couple times but got different answers

lol..7'6 is crazy

At the draft combine it was 7'4 1/2", but that was when he was 18 or 19, so it's possible that he grew and that increased. I dunno what it is now.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Combine measurments: Andre Drummond with a 7'6" wingspan. John Henson at 7'5".

Apparently the Spurs have met with Andre Drummond. Not sure why, I seriously doubt they plan to make a move. BTW, Kawhi Leonard has a freakish wingspan: 7-3.
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Combine measurments: Andre Drummond with a 7'6" wingspan. John Henson at 7'5".

Apparently the Spurs have met with Andre Drummond. Not sure why, I seriously doubt they plan to make a move. BTW, Kawhi Leonard has a freakish wingspan: 7-3.

On a side note, I see no purpose in measuring any players height by the top of their head. Some people have longer necks and larger heads but that has no effect on a players reach.

The true height of a player should be to their shoulders since that's where the most important feature (arms) start at.

They should do some ratio or formula of the height to the shoulders and wingspan.
Draft measurements








  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
This guy should be the no. 2 pick imo. Id take him over mkg and drummond

"@chadfordinsider: Thomas Robinson measured a 35.5 inch vert. Very good for a player his size. Blake Griffin also has a 35.5"
Doc Rivers gonna draft his kid
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Doc Rivers gonna draft his kid

lol that would be so effed up if he passes up on him
but he'll probably be taken by the time they pick

that's one player that really should've stayed in school for at least 1 more year
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
This guy should be the no. 2 pick imo. Id take him over mkg and drummond

"@chadfordinsider: Thomas Robinson measured a 35.5 inch vert. Very good for a player his size. Blake Griffin also has a 35.5"

He certainly deserves consideration. He's on the same level as MKG in terms of being a "sure thing", IMO.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,751
During the lottery Drummond said he lost 20 pounds but in the combine they weighed him at 280lbs
Bradley Beal is rising up draft boards apparently, and is now considered to be a contender for the #2 pick.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Bradley Beal is rising up draft boards apparently, and is now considered to be a contender for the #2 pick.

I thought he'd go to Washington at #3 for sure.
Wall and Beal would be a great back court combination
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,332
What are the knocks on Tyler Zeller? He seems like a solid power forward to me.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Bradley Beal is rising up draft boards apparently, and is now considered to be a contender for the #2 pick.

Davis is a consensus #1 and the top tier of draft picks are a toss up between Drummond, Beal, MKG, and Robinson. Not sure why Barnes is falling out, I may be swayed Bc he was an ESPN darling.

Beal has been compared to Ray Allen and Eric Gordon. Athletic, good shooter, good defender, physical and can take it to the hole.
Beal coming in at 6'4'' is huge. A lot of people thought he was 6'3''.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Bradley Beal is rising up draft boards apparently, and is now considered to be a contender for the #2 pick.


Not surprised. When in doubt...take the shooting guard who can actually, you know, shoot.

At least you know he can do one thing extremely well.