There are 169 users in the forums

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Looks like Drummond is declaring for the draft. Chad Ford basically said that his ceiling is Dwight Howard, and his floor is Kwame Brown, and I agree.

That's quite a terrifying range.

Or, quite an enticing range. Depending on how you look at it.

...and where you're drafting.
Shabazz Muhammad is going to UCLA next year. They offer cheap tickets to my school, so I'm gonna see if I can take the team on a road trip next year. Dude's a future superstar. He's the first guy I've ever said, "He reminds me of a young, left handed Kobe Bryant" about. Obviously that will depend on his work ethic, but I can't wait to see what he's gonna be.

My alma mater just got WAY good!!!

Anderson and Muhammad! Bring on the Pac-12 championship and Final Four!

Btw, Muhammad's work ethic is supposed to be through the f'n roof.

He is a man child
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Shabazz Muhammad is going to UCLA next year. They offer cheap tickets to my school, so I'm gonna see if I can take the team on a road trip next year. Dude's a future superstar. He's the first guy I've ever said, "He reminds me of a young, left handed Kobe Bryant" about. Obviously that will depend on his work ethic, but I can't wait to see what he's gonna be.

He is a man child

and a fellow mooslim
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by YungAce:

He is a man child

and a fellow mooslim

Yea he's gonna blow up in the next couple years

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

lulz
Originally posted by marshniners24:

lulz

Man, this draft so far

Harrison Barnes, Jared Sullinger, Andre Drummond, Thomas Robinson, Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, Moe Harkless, Perry Jones...

And the Kentucky guys haven't even announced their declaration yet
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Man, this draft so far

Harrison Barnes, Jared Sullinger, Andre Drummond, Thomas Robinson, Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, Moe Harkless, Perry Jones...

And the Kentucky guys haven't even announced their declaration yet

damn the Knicks for being so good, or else my rockets would have a lottery pick, as we own their 1st rd pick(Top 5 protected).
Kentucky starting 5 declare for draft

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7825727/kentucky-wildcats-starting-five-declares-nba-draft
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Apr 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7825727/kentucky-wildcats-starting-five-declares-nba-draft

I was surprised the 2 guards, especially Teague, declared.
Teague was one one of the highest rated recruits last year. He would've probably been a lottery pick if he stayed another year

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I was surprised the 2 guards, especially Teague, declared.
Teague was one one of the highest rated recruits last year. He would've probably been a lottery pick if he stayed another year

Get in while the stock is high, I guess. They probably didn't want to go back to the gutted roster, too.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Last year, everyone was saying that this year's draft was gonna be sick.

Maybe it's just me (I'm no expert like some of you guys) but I just don't see a true superstar in this draft.
Originally posted by Amir:

Maybe it's just me (I'm no expert like some of you guys) but I just don't see a true superstar in this draft.

You never really know.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Anthony davis definitely has superstar potential
There's a bunch of guys that have the potential to be very good but also have a big chance to be a bust, like drummond or perry jones
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

Anthony davis definitely has superstar potential

Maybe so but he needs to add weight and strength. Remember he's 6'10 not 7"0+. IMO I don't see him ever dominating the NBA like he did the college game.
Share 49ersWebzone