LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by btak49:
What do you think about Austin Rivers?

Should've stayed in school one more year. Will come in to the league as a raw PG/SG who can shoot.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Should've stayed in school one more year. Will come in to the league as a raw PG/SG who can shoot.

Thanks for the input. I really can't stand Duke but he was the only reason why I watched a few of their games this year.

The Kings will draft him

He reminds me of Steph Curry a little but I think Steph is better.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Need some insight, The Rockets have the 14th and 16th picks overall in the 2012 draft, now I have heard rumors of a Center, SG and PG at those spots. Who are the top guys who likely be available at 14 and 16?

I hear Meyers Leonard, Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger, then Deon Waiters, among others.

PG Kendal Marshall, PF John Henson, SF Jeffery Taylor..just to name a few

Thanks Marsh. I also heard Kendal Marshall's name being thrown out there. Some Rockets fans want a blockbuster deal. Either into top 5 for a Center or Guard, maybe Drummond, Beal, MKG or Robinson, or for a star like Howard. I don't know how likely it happens. They have some deals that can be used, Dalembert is an expiring contract, Martin also. But Martin has lost a step. Plus Lowry is upset. Feels like the team and franchise is in need of a makeover big time.
Thanks Marsh. I also heard Kendal Marshall's name being thrown out there. Some Rockets fans want a blockbuster deal. Either into top 5 for a Center or Guard, maybe Drummond, Beal, MKG or Robinson, or for a star like Howard. I don't know how likely it happens. They have some deals that can be used, Dalembert is an expiring contract, Martin also. But Martin has lost a step. Plus Lowry is upset. Feels like the team and franchise is in need of a makeover big time.

What do you think about the #5 pick and Isaiah Thomas for lowery and #14

Kings would be dumb to do that.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Something along those lines. Throw in Dalembert and the kings have a championship roster
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Something along those lines. Throw in Dalembert and the kings have a championship roster

NO!
Need some insight, The Rockets have the 14th and 16th picks overall in the 2012 draft, now I have heard rumors of a Center, SG and PG at those spots. Who are the top guys who likely be available at 14 and 16?

I hear Meyers Leonard, Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger, then Deon Waiters, among others.

PG Kendal Marshall, PF John Henson, SF Jeffery Taylor..just to name a few

I really feel like Dion Waiters is going to become a legit player in the NBA. He's got great NBA size for a guard, almost close to Dwayne Wade. I'm also a fan of Jeff Taylor. Pretty explosive at the wing position with very good defense. He'll probably be moving up, but if he happens to be there at 30, I'd snag him.

As much as I like Lowry, I would have no problem with this. Hopefully would mean we could re-sign Dragic or we draft a PG. Thomas is a nice backup PG too, so he would help, I liked him in last years class.

Also for Dalembert, I'm ok with that too, would give rockets more cap space for retaining Marcus Camby.
Also forgot to mention last night, Austin Rivers' agent said the Rockets make sense as a good fit for him.
Originally posted by sacniner:

He reminds me of Steph Curry a little but I think Steph is better.

I think Rivers will be a solid player. He reminds me a bit of OJ Mayo, but I think he's a bit smarter. Probably a year or two away from contributing in any significant way though.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I really feel like Dion Waiters is going to become a legit player in the NBA. He's got great NBA size for a guard, almost close to Dwayne Wade. I'm also a fan of Jeff Taylor. Pretty explosive at the wing position with very good defense. He'll probably be moving up, but if he happens to be there at 30, I'd snag him.

Yea no doubt. There's a lot of mid to late round guards that I think will be good in the NBA. No top tier prospects but a lot of solid players. Should be a fun complete first round.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Ya he should've stayed in school for another year
He would've been a top 5 pick if he did
Share 49ersWebzone