There are 42 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Cespedes is such a badass. It's too bad the A's are a farm team to the rest of baseball though.

Yup..
He's still 26 though, the A's have a bunch of prospects, highly graded prospects, that'll be ready or called up while he's still in his 4 year contract
Here's my post from like a week ago

Originally posted by ImaMod:
I
Here's our prospects and how old they'll be in 2015
Catcher: Derek Norris (26)
2B; Jemile Weeks (28):
OF: Yoenis Cespedes (29) Michael Choice (25) Grant Green (27)
SP: Brett Anderson (27) Jarrod Parker (26), Brad Peacock (27), Sonny Gray (25) Tommy Milone (28) AJ Cole (23, probably wont be ready yet)

Those are all great prospects and I also included Jemile Weeks who had .300 BA/ 20 sb / 26 doubles in 90 games and Brett Anderson who you probably already know

Were going to have so much young talent in 2015. That starting 5 will be so damn scary if all goes well. Cespedes has star potential and can be our #3 hitter in the future, Choice should be a great #4 hitter, Green should be a good #5 hitter.

I know I'm being very optimistic but its also very realistic.
it's sad to see that more people were at the giants viewing party on friday than the A's vs Royals. (no sarcasm; i am really sad and upset)

What I think could happen is that Larry Ellison could buy the team and move them to San Jose and pay the Giants A BOATLOAD of money to move over there. Could the Giants say "no" to 200 million dollars plus? Imagine with ellison's pay roll.......It would be a bad day for Giants' fan.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
it's sad to see that more people were at the giants viewing party on friday than the A's vs Royals. (no sarcasm; i am really sad and upset)

What I think could happen is that Larry Ellison could buy the team and move them to San Jose and pay the Giants A BOATLOAD of money to move over there. Could the Giants say "no" to 200 million dollars plus? Imagine with ellison's pay roll.......It would be a bad day for Giants' fan.

I've been praying for that for about 2 years now

I don't think he was ever interested in buying the A's though
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
this is at first pitch

Got that W doe. Great game by Malone, and Reddick showed off his cannon arm
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]

200 million dollars. lol keep dreaming.
this is at first pitch

There's no way that was more than 1000. I wonder what the final attendance was, 4K? 5K? It must be like playing in a recital hall.
Wow apparently attendance was 10K. Did they count everyone as 3 people? lol
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wow apparently attendance was 10K. Did they count everyone as 3 people? lol

lol maybe that wasn't at first pitch. Maybe I was wrong, but that person postd it at 7:05

"@timkawakami: A's announced attendance: 10,054. Somehow I've missed about 8,000 of those people who supposedly are here."

"@timkawakami: To be exact: 3rd deck is tarped, 2nd deck has about 120 people, lower deck is easily 3/4 empty. About 75 on Mt. Davis. That is NOT 10k."

or not
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
damn.. Joey Devine to have elbow surgery
He just came off Tommy John recently, he worked so hard to come back and he needs elboy surgery now.

That sucks for the A's but I feel bad for Joey Devine. This guy posted a 0.59 ERA and 0.83 whip in 49 games in 2008 and has basically been injured since.

I hope he comes back from it but it'll be hard for him. He's still 28.
lol @ that picture
this is at first pitch

Got that W doe. Great game by Malone, and Reddick showed off his cannon arm

This is for real?

I'm not questioning you, but f*ck - that is bad. There were more people there as extras for Moneyball.
lol maybe that wasn't at first pitch. Maybe I was wrong, but that person postd it at 7:05

"@timkawakami: A's announced attendance: 10,054. Somehow I've missed about 8,000 of those people who supposedly are here."

"@timkawakami: To be exact: 3rd deck is tarped, 2nd deck has about 120 people, lower deck is easily 3/4 empty. About 75 on Mt. Davis. That is NOT 10k."

or not

Kawakommunist is still pretty funny. I wish Bud Geracie still wrote a column from time to time (instead of "editing" the sports page for SJMN). In the Wake of the Week anybody??

Oh yeah, came in here to say Cespedes. CESPEDES!
[ Edited by DertyDonahue on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM ]
this is what teh a's get for poor ownership.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
This is for real?

I'm not questioning you, but f*ck - that is bad. There were more people there as extras for Moneyball.

Lol ya .. depressing

I don't blame the fans, I blame the ownership

this is what teh a's get for poor ownership.

Yup.. can't arguewith that
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
anyone got an update if the game is happening tonight?