There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Giants fan here but I love that Cespedes dude's game, I think he's going to be a mega star lol. Plus Weeks is pretty good. You guys might actually surprise some people this year.

I think we'll be a little better than people think. I think we'll win like 70 games lots of people saying we'll get below 60 wins

And ya, I've been in love with weeks since we called him up last year. Easily my favorite player
Cespedes is showing nothing but positive signs so far that 2015 plan is looking pretty legit right now

Dont take this as trolling, but I have to ask....being an A's fan, d*esnt it get depressing knowing your team will never keep any star players? its constant developing players and trading them off for prospects just as they begin to break out.

I couldnt be a fan of a team where you cant even buy a jersey, knowing that player will be gone in 2 years.

1) It's not depressing. That is how the game goes. It sucks we trade for youth but I think eventually when the A's do move into a new stadium we will be able to resign and keep higher paid players.

2) I would never buy a baseball jersey with a name (hell I don't really wear jerseys very often anyways)

I will never give up on the A's. They will eventually get over the hump and start winning consistently and win championships. You have to be patient. That is how you filter out all of the bandwagon fans from the real fans. Im sure Giants fans understand that from a few years ago.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Giants fan here but I love that Cespedes dude's game, I think he's going to be a mega star lol. Plus Weeks is pretty good. You guys might actually surprise some people this year.

I think we'll be a little better than people think. I think we'll win like 70 games lots of people saying we'll get below 60 wins

And ya, I've been in love with weeks since we called him up last year. Easily my favorite player
Cespedes is showing nothing but positive signs so far that 2015 plan is looking pretty legit right now

Dont take this as trolling, but I have to ask....being an A's fan, d*esnt it get depressing knowing your team will never keep any star players? its constant developing players and trading them off for prospects just as they begin to break out.

I couldnt be a fan of a team where you cant even buy a jersey, knowing that player will be gone in 2 years.

1) It's not depressing. That is how the game goes. It sucks we trade for youth but I think eventually when the A's do move into a new stadium we will be able to resign and keep higher paid players.

2) I would never buy a baseball jersey with a name (hell I don't really wear jerseys very often anyways)

I will never give up on the A's. They will eventually get over the hump and start winning consistently and win championships. You have to be patient. That is how you filter out all of the bandwagon fans from the real fans. Im sure Giants fans understand that from a few years ago.

I agree with the last post but winning will never be synonymous with this current ownership.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I agree with the last post but winning will never be synonymous with this current ownership.

I would have 0 faith if it weren't for Billy beane
I don't have confidence in Lew Wolff but Billy Beane gives me hope

I really hope Lew Wolff and Fisher sell their part of ownership in the next 2 years most

Originally posted by dcsham:
Love your optimism; dont believe it will ever happen. A's under Lew Wolff won't ever compete; and the Moneyball BS is just Hollywood hype. Sorry Ima, just don't believe all of the "someday it will happen" attitude. Not being a hater on the A's, but I don't see anything changing. Beane...lol sorry for you saberjunkies but he won't get hired by any other mlb teams any time soon.

I respect your opinion and I also believe we will never win a world series with lew Wolff as our owner
I also don't think Billy Beane is a bad GM. Our ownership is the problem, if he was given the money needed to make a team competitive he wouldnt have to do that "Moneyball BS"
Look at teams payrolls of WS champs the last 5 years and compare them to A's that year
2011: Cardinals: 105 mill, A's: 66 mill
2010: Giants: 98 mill, A's: 51 mill
2009: Yankees: 201 mill, A's: 62 mill
2008: Phillies: 98 mill, A's: 47
2007:Red Sox:143 mill, A's: 79 mill

Anyways, back to Billy Beane's plan of 2015

Here's our prospects and how old they'll be in 2015
Catcher: Derek Norris (26)
2B; Jemile Weeks (28):
OF: Yoenis Cespedes (29) Michael Choice (25) Grant Green (27)
SP: Brett Anderson (27) Jarrod Parker (26), Brad Peacock (27), Sonny Gray (25) Tommy Milone (28) AJ Cole (23, probably wont be ready yet)

Those are all great prospects and I also included Jemile Weeks who had .300 BA/ 20 sb / 26 doubles in 90 games and Brett Anderson who you probably already know

Were going to have so much young talent in 2015. That starting 5 will be so damn scary if all goes well. Cespedes has star potential and can be our #3 hitter in the future, Choice should be a great #4 hitter, Green should be a good #5 hitter.

I know I'm being very optimistic but its also very realistic.

Still want to know your opinion dcsham, to why you don't think this plan will work. Not trying to argue I just want to know your opinion
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
35 SB for Weeks?

Over or under?
way over.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Cespedes is on pace for .333 BA, 81 homeruns and 162 RBI
AL MVP??

Bartolo Colon on pace for 32 wins 0 losses 1.13 ERA
AL CY YOUNG?? at age 38
Cespedes is on pace for .333 BA, 81 homeruns and 162 RBI
AL MVP??

Bartolo Colon on pace for 32 wins 0 losses 1.13 ERA
AL CY YOUNG?? at age 38

The A's need a real 3B who can hit. Man Sizemore would have been huge.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Ya his injury hurt us bad.. everyone was expecting a breakout year from him

Ya his injury hurt us bad.. everyone was expecting a breakout year from him

On the bright side Cespedes is going to be an absolute monster.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
On the bright side Cespedes is going to be an absolute monster.

ya, i was watching our 2nd game live and at the 6th inning i was about to turn it off cause i got bored, we had like 2 hits at that point in the game and were losing 1-0, i thought i was wasting my sleep time. Then I saw Cespedes was going to bat soon so I said F it I'll watch Cespedes. And he hit that 2 run homer and I got so damn happy Definitely worth waking up for lol

I dont know if you saw my post a few days ago, but I kinda like Beane's 2015 plan. We can have so much damn young talent in 2015

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

lol
I love that gif
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM ]
the giants attendance was nearly sold out, but in oakland...it was a ghost town.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
the giants attendance was nearly sold out, but in oakland...it was a ghost town.

people like you make me dislike giants fans
you don't need to keep reminding us that our team, stadium, or crowd sucks. We already know

people like you make me dislike giants fans
you don't need to keep reminding us that our team, stadium, or crowd sucks. We already know

im just kidding bro. I'll stop trolling on the A's board.

Do you forgive me?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
im just kidding bro. I'll stop trolling on the A's board.

Do you forgive me?

only if you stop acting like Yankees fans