49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 432 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

lol at guy playing Careless Whisperer
Did that just happen? That was dope!
Moss gets redemption after leaving 7 on base earlier this game.

There's something special about this team. Today was an ugly game. We "deserved" to lose after going 3-14 with RISP and 18 LOB against the Yankees, but we didn't.
Just Curious - not to be snide...

Do any of you guys go to the games?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Garcia:
Just Curious - not to be snide...

Do any of you guys go to the games?

I go to a couple per year
When they suck balls I dont go..no reason to. But when they're good like this year I dont see why a fan wouldnt want to go support their team. Theyre playing incredible baseball right now. I love this team so much right now lol


Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Did that just happen? That was dope!

Wasnt it
10 walk off wins this far, this team is too fun to watch

Honestly I do want Cook to get that save though. Hes given up a solo HR in the 9th 2 games in a row..its scaring me. But you gotta love walk offs and of course the players love it


Originally posted by Garcia:
Just Curious - not to be snide...

Do any of you guys go to the games?

I live in chicago and rarely come to the bay during baseball season. I did hit up 2 games in Oakland last year when I went in the spring time.

I am going in early august to all 3 games when they come to town for the white sox series.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Just Curious - not to be snide...

Do any of you guys go to the games?

Yes sir...Sunday will be my 7th game of the season
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23208747&partnerId=aw-5416776107003497173-996

The Carter walkoff is BOSS
i don't like the a's, but i'm all in favor of the evil empire losing.

and their owner has to be pissing his pants right now cause this isn't helping his argument that they can't be competitive in oakland.
Originally posted by drunk49er:
i don't like the a's, but i'm all in favor of the evil empire losing.

and their owner has to be pissing his pants right now cause this isn't helping his argument that they can't be competitive in oakland.
This isn't that damaging to his argument. Despite playing the Yankees and currently being the hottest team in baseball we can only a total of 40,000 in 2 games, despite having some of the cheapest ticket prices in the entire MLB. You guys (assuming you're a Giants fan) probably draw more than that on one single night against the Padres on a Tuesday night.

How are we going to resign our stars like Reddick, Cespedes, Parker etc in a few years? We're just going to have to tear it all down again.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
This isn't that damaging to his argument. Despite playing the Yankees and currently being the hottest team in baseball we can only a total of 40,000 in 2 games, despite having some of the cheapest ticket prices in the entire MLB. You guys (assuming you're a Giants fan) probably draw more than that on one single night against the Padres on a Tuesday night.

How are we going to resign our stars like Reddick, Cespedes, Parker etc in a few years? We're just going to have to tear it all down again.

Sucks cause its true
We have Reddick until 2016 though and Cespy till 2015. I hope we have either a new stadium or new ownership by then

And props to billy beane..guy still has it.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 21, 2012 at 1:15 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
YEEEEEEE I love this team
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Sucks cause its true
We have Reddick until 2016 though and Cespy till 2015. I hope we have either a new stadium or new ownership by then

And props to billy beane..guy still has it.

Yep this team was expected to be one of the worst in the majors this year after getting rid of all of our pitchers.
good team.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone