LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

I'll be at the yard twice for the A's and Yankees series at o.co. We have a couple of tough ones vs. dem Rangers first doe.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jigga:
I'll be at the yard twice for the A's and Yankees series at o.co. We have a couple of tough ones vs. dem Rangers first doe.

Nice. I want to go to a game soon also

Man this team just hits homeruns like its their job. A lot different from last year
I want Carter to be an every day player, hes finally producing and meeting his 2010 or 2011 expectations. The guy is just demolishing balls

and Cespy is an RBI machine! 42 RBI in 57 games.
I hope Carter keeps up what he's doing. It would be the most pleasant surprise of the year if he actually turned into the legit middle of the order hitter we thought we were getting a few years ago.

Also, I think Branon Moss is going to go in a huge slump and fall flat on his face unless he stops striking out a third of the time so we need Carter to continue to produce over at first.
The difference in Carter this time around is his patience at the plate. Sounds almost psychological, because he's not getting ahead of himself at the plate as much. He's working counts and getting the pitches that he actually wants. And with his kind of power, "mistake pitches" become souvenirs.
So crazy how much of a threat Cespedes is out there. As we've all alluded to previously, the dude's bat in our lineup gives everyone else a sense of confidence.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I hope Carter keeps up what he's doing. It would be the most pleasant surprise of the year if he actually turned into the legit middle of the order hitter we thought we were getting a few years ago.

Also, I think Branon Moss is going to go in a huge slump and fall flat on his face unless he stops striking out a third of the time so we need Carter to continue to produce over at first.

lol Brandon Moss is Jack Cust all over again. They hit homeruns but strike out way too much
Jack Cust was 28 when he started with us, he was on 4 teams in 5 years before he came here and didnt do much with those teams. He came here and hit 6 HRs in his first 7 games.
Brandon Moss is 28, was on 3 teams in 5 years before he came here. He came here and hit 6 homers in 10 games
Both strike out a lot but Cust also walked a lot
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
So crazy how much of a threat Cespedes is out there. As we've all alluded to previously, the dude's bat in our lineup gives everyone else a sense of confidence.

Its crazy how much of a difference he makes.
He just makes bad reads in the OF sometimes, once he gets that down he'll be on his way to being a 5 tool player. He definitely has 5 tool potential
Guy is strong like an bull and fast like a cheetah
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Another Walkoff Homer!

this team is awesome!
One W Vs. the bronxbombers
I'm happy to see this team do well. It's good for the bay.
But f**k the raiders.

Now if we can just figure out how to get even average production out of the bottom 3rd of the lineup we might have something really good here.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Now if we can just figure out how to get even average production out of the bottom 3rd of the lineup we might have something really good here.

Ya Im sick of it. Its so pathetic. Its a waste of 3 innings a game for us
They combined for 0-11 today, went 0-11 last game

At least Cespedes is hot. He has his average up to .293. The guy is just an RBI machine and i have no doubt he'll be a star

and were breaking world records
Casey Pratt ‏@CaseyPrattCSN
Dog Day at the Coliseum. Hearing there are 750+ dogs here a Guiness World Record.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Ya Im sick of it. Its so pathetic. Its a waste of 3 innings a game for us
They combined for 0-11 today, went 0-11 last game

At least Cespedes is hot. He has his average up to .293. The guy is just an RBI machine and i have no doubt he'll be a star

and were breaking world records
Casey Pratt ‏@CaseyPrattCSN
Dog Day at the Coliseum. Hearing there are 750+ dogs here a Guiness World Record.
I was there last night, but didn't bring a dog. The place felt...weird. You know...Yankees are in town, always a playoff type of atmosphere, but then there's some dude's yorkie staring at you during the 7th inning stretch

Word. I thought that Pennington would break out this season. I think that he's below the Mendoza line now.

Suzuki/Norris are both scuffling. Inge has the glove, but the dude can't bat .250?

Any rumors regarding Jimmy Rollins circulating? Jed Lowrie?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I was there last night, but didn't bring a dog. The place felt...weird. You know...Yankees are in town, always a playoff type of atmosphere, but then there's some dude's yorkie staring at you during the 7th inning stretch

lol ya that just sounds weird

Word. I thought that Pennington would break out this season. I think that he's below the Mendoza line now.

Suzuki/Norris are both scuffling. Inge has the glove, but the dude can't bat .250?

Any rumors regarding Jimmy Rollins circulating? Jed Lowrie?

I haven't seen any rumors lately probably because we've been winning. I"ve read they're going to wait for this stretch where we play(ed) the Rangers, Yankees, and Blue Jays to end before they decide whether they will be buyers or sellers at the deadline.

Jimmy Rollins would be a great addition and he'd probably waive his no trade clause cause he's from Oakland
Share 49ersWebzone