LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

Cespedes is a star. I've sensed it since he first stepped foot in the batters box. Now hopefully he can stay healthy. If Moss can keep it up we might have a pretty nice young core with Reddick, Cespedes, Weeks, and Moss.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Cespedes is a star. I've sensed it since he first stepped foot in the batters box. Now hopefully he can stay healthy. If Moss can keep it up we might have a pretty nice young core with Reddick, Cespedes, Weeks, and Moss.

You mean till Beane trades them for prospects?
Each game during the Bay Bridge series was competitve. High tension & emotion. The crowd on Saturday evening was NUTS. I witnessed at least 4 fights.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jigga:
Each game during the Bay Bridge series was competitve. High tension & emotion. The crowd on Saturday evening was NUTS. I witnessed at least 4 fights.

Was a great series. The A's could've easily won both games but our bullpen was just crappy the first 2 games. The 2nd game is the most frustrating, we should've won that game. The giants got lucky on that one, especially from that ground rule double, Moss going full potato on with 2 errors on 1 play that scored 2 runs. And Fuentes pitched

Oh well, Im happy with the walk off win and glad were giving Norris playing time
Milone is nails again. One run early, and still cruise vs the M's.
I'm impressed with the way this young team has played! Keep it up fellas!
Bartolo v Lester tonight. Fireworks immediately after. I'll be in the building. Free Parking Tuesdays!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Bartolo v Lester tonight. Fireworks immediately after. I'll be in the building. Free Parking Tuesdays!

Awesome..have fun

By the way, we finally DFA'd Brian Fuentes!!
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Awesome..have fun

By the way, we finally DFA'd Brian Fuentes!!

FINALLY!!!

Nice comeback W tonight. A sweep of the BoSox would be sweet
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
FINALLY!!!

Nice comeback W tonight. A sweep of the BoSox would be sweet

Beautiful win
Mustve been a great game to go to lucky you lol

2 games below .500

Glad to have players like Chris Carter and Derek Norris, the future of the A's, contributing how they have been. Hopefully we see a coule more young guys this year
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM ]

4 games out of the final wild card spot. We can always keep believing. This baseball team is a lot more fun to watch then last year and I think this team has turned a corner in the sense of scoring runs and competing with the big boys. Even tho Texas took 3 of 4 we were in or leading all 3 of those losses.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
4 games out of the final wild card spot. We can always keep believing. This baseball team is a lot more fun to watch then last year and I think this team has turned a corner in the sense of scoring runs and competing with the big boys. Even tho Texas took 3 of 4 we were in or leading all 3 of those losses.

I agree. The bats just came on fire in June and our pitching has been phenomenal in the last couple of weeks

Jane Lee ‏@JaneMLB
Without much fanfare, #Athletics starting pitchers have allowed 2 earned runs or fewer in 18 of the last 20 games. 1.89 ERA over that span.

Great pitching and good hitting, we've won 4 win a row and are 1 game below .500

What I love about this team is were giving everyone a chance. Moss, Carter, Inge, Norris, Griffin, etc. We gave them all a chance and all of them have been great or helped us win games. Even with Reddick, he was basically a platoon hitter with the Redsox and when he came here Beane told him he's going to be our every day right fielder. Melvin made him our #3 hitter since day one and he has 19 HRs now.

Whats crazy is our pitching is so good without Anderson and Braden who havent even played a game this season,. And McCarthy who has been back and forth on the DL. We lost 4 guys from our rotation last year (Gio, Cahill, Anderson, Braden) and our closer and we haven't missed a beat

That Cahill trade has been an absolutely steal for us. We have an all star closer in Cook and a stud in Jarrod Parker (2.46 ERA) for just Cahill who has been average this year.

Gio is having a great year but its too early to tell who won the trade. Norris has been great so far and for sure is our catcher of the future, Tommy Milone who has been very solid and should be in our rotation for a long time. Also Peacock and Cole who are still in the minors. Peacock was supposed to be the best pitcher we got in return but he's struggling in the minors. AJ Cole is still 19 years old and has a 2.43 ERA with a 43 to 6 K/BB ratio in single A
"Carter with a three-run homer!!!!! The winners and still champions"
GO A'S 5 game win streak and we're at .500! Maybe we can have one of our famous 2nd half runs and make the playoffs. I doubt it but we're playing pretty damn well.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
GO A'S 5 game win streak and we're at .500! Maybe we can have one of our famous 2nd half runs and make the playoffs. I doubt it but we're playing pretty damn well.

Do you even post in here?
Share 49ersWebzone