49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 630 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jigga:
YOENIS be ballin tho

aaand he just got hurt..

he seriously makes this team sooo much better..
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Jigga:
YOENIS be ballin tho

aaand he just got hurt..

he seriously makes this team sooo much better..

I heard. Hammy strain. Not good.
We just can't catch a break.
I hope that he's just day-to-day.

On the bright side, 3 out of 4 from the Rangers ain't bad. Seth Smith has heat up. Coco had himself a game today. Brought his average up to .167. LOL
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jigga:
I hope that he's just day-to-day.

On the bright side, 3 out of 4 from the Rangers ain't bad. Seth Smith has heat up. Coco had himself a game today. Brought his average up to .167. LOL

lol..coco is so useless, wed really be better off without him..
Cowgill who is basically our 4th OFer has been more productive. I would rather have Cespedes in Center, Reddick in right, Cowgill in left, and platoon Smith/Gomes at DH
Michael Taylor would have a better chance of getting some time in the majors and would probably had a longer look especially after Cespy's last DL stint
and Hes a waste of 7 mill per year, for the next 2 years


by the way, Melvin said Cespedes' injury isn't DL worthy. So I guess that means he's day-to-day



Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We just can't catch a break.

Cespedes makes our team so much better its ridiculous. He just brings everything this offense needs to be successful.
Such a great signing, and hes only a rookie, who knows how good he will be in a year or 2
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Cespedes makes our team so much better its ridiculous. He just brings everything this offense needs to be successful.
Such a great signing, and hes only a rookie, who knows how good he will be in a year or 2

It's incredible how fast this guy makes adjustments. He's cut down his K's drastically from the first couple weeks of the season. Plus this guy is probably the most clutch player we've had since the days of Scutaro and Tejada.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Cespedes makes our team so much better its ridiculous. He just brings everything this offense needs to be successful.
Such a great signing, and hes only a rookie, who knows how good he will be in a year or 2

It's incredible how fast this guy makes adjustments. He's cut down his K's drastically from the first couple weeks of the season. Plus this guy is probably the most clutch player we've had since the days of Scutaro and Tejada.

I hope we have a chance to keep him past the initial 4 years. He is great to build around.

How about taking 3 of 4 from the Rangers.
Good win guys.

I just heard that lol wolff just said, "San Jose is the only option." THAT IS b******t. They could build in Oakland, but they don't want to.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Good win guys.

I just heard that lol wolff just said, "San Jose is the only option." THAT IS b******t. They could build in Oakland, but they don't want to.

lol Lew Wolff is one of the biggest b******tters

Honeslty, I would rather have the A's be in SJ instead of Oakland. It'd be a lot better for the team. I've met so much fans that want to keep the A's in Oakland, in a new stadium, but it wouldn't nearly help the team as much as it would if they moved to San Jose


But anything is better than our s**tty colliseum
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
seth smith with a great catch

And Fuentes blows another save. This guy is garbage. I have never liked him and I have no idea why we can't move him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by socalfan21:
And Fuentes blows another save. This guy is garbage. I have never liked him and I have no idea why we can't move him.

Exacly. hes terrible
He should have never been put into the closer role, he isnt what he was with the Angels. Hes old and washed up
Even when he had 40+ saves with the Angels, he still led the league in blown saves.

Time to give the closer job to Ryan Cook. There's no reason not to
Ryan Cook ha a 0.69 ERA, BABIP of .105, line drive percentage of 9%. No one can make contact on him! He''s given up only 7 hits in 26 innings.
Cook has the stuff to be a closer.Hitters are batting .119 against his fastball, and .032 against his slider. His fastball averages 94.9-mph. Fuentes' averages 90.4.

^those numbers by the way were taken from Casey Pratt's article on why Cook should be the closer.

Give the young guy a chance. Let him get experience because 1) He cant be worse than Fuentes and 2) Its obvious he's the closer of the future. let him get some experience under his belt. He's going to be in this role eventually, were not gonna be a 90 win team, give the young guys more chances.

Make Fuentes the setup man against Lefties, because thats all he can do at this point of his career. Balour either the 7th inning guy or the setup man against righties. Or just DFA Fuentes for all I care. He should not be the closer. Its Cook time, its inevitable

Oh God do I miss the time when Houston Street was phenomenal and 12 years old.

I'm glad the Bailey for Reddick trade worked for us. I'd be cutting myself if it didn't

Oh and you know what pisses me off as much as the walkoff homer? Waking the batter with 2 outs to bring the tying run to the plate that's exactly what you don't want to do in the bottom of the 9th. You gotta throw the ball over the plate.
After he got a single I knew he was gonna blow it. Saw it coming right away. Typical Fuentes
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM ]
I could have sworn that the A's won last night....but they didn't?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I could have sworn that the A's won last night....but they didn't?

Two words
Brian Fuentes.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I could have sworn that the A's won last night....but they didn't?

Two words
Brian Fuentes.

I thought the A's had it in the bag, so I flipped the channel. Oh wellz.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone