There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I tried posting in here regularly in the off season and was basically talking to myself. Id rather talk about the A's in an A's fan forum than in a 49ers forum where no one else talks about them

Exactly. No use posting wasting time posting in here. Which A's message board do you post at?

athleticsnation.com mostly, where my name is weeks19..which i want to change lol
i posted on scout.com A's forum for a little. my name is ImCespyAndiKnowIt on that one
[ Edited by ImaMod on May 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM ]
I tried posting in here regularly in the off season and was basically talking to myself. Id rather talk about the A's in an A's fan forum than in a 49ers forum where no one else talks about them

Exactly. No use posting wasting time posting in here. Which A's message board do you post at?

athleticsnation.com mostly, where my name is weeks19..which i want to change lol
i posted on scout.com A's forum for a little. my name is ImCespyAndiKnowIt on that one

I post on the A's scout board. I like it better because athleticsnation can be hard to navigate. Ninerpride (now going as athleticspride) is one of the top posters at Oakland Clubhouse (scout), used to post a lot in this thread a couple years back don't know if you remember him or not.

Oh and I go by the handle "Sicilian Message" over there.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I post on the A's scout board. I like it better because athleticsnation can be hard to navigate. Ninerpride (now going as athleticspride) is one of the top posters at Oakland Clubhouse (scout), used to post a lot in this thread a couple years back don't know if you remember him or not.

Oh and I go by the handle "Sicilian Message" over there.

ya i dont like the threads on athleticsnation, its basically just comments

I do remember ninerpride, he used to talk to himself in here lol.
i'm going to start posting on oakland clubhouse more
Who is this dude pitching for Oakland today? Blackley? I hope he can hold this 2-0 lead. We have been skidding lately. We need a series win.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Who is this dude pitching for Oakland today? Blackley? I hope he can hold this 2-0 lead. We have been skidding lately. We need a series win.

i think we claimed him off waivers a couple weeks ago

how about Reddick. 10 homers in May!
Remember when the A's wanted to trade Gio for Stanton?
Imagine an OF with Stanton, Cespedes, and Reddick..oh god..
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Billy Beane must be feeling really smart for trading Gio Gonzalez.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Billy Beane must be feeling really smart for trading Gio Gonzalez.

We got 4 good prospects for him. Way too early to judge that trade and we all knew how good Gio was. It doesnt surprise me at all that hes pitching this well this year.
Brad Peacock has potential to be a very good #2
Tom Milone has been very solid and is still 25
Derek Norris has played well in AAA and is the catcher of our future
AJ Cole has the potential to be an ace but is just still 19 years old

I never wanted us to trade Gio but it is too early say we didnt get a good deal for him when 3 of the 4 prospects we got for him havent played a game in the MLB yet.

But Beane must feel great about that Andrew Bailey trade. Josh Reddick has 14 homers so far, Bailey has yet to play a game.

The Cahill trade is looking pretty good for us also. Jarrod Parker has pitched well and is going to be our future ace, hes just 23 years old. Ryan Cook, our future closer who we got from the Cahill deal, has pitched 24 scoreless innings this season so far. While Cahill has been very average this year
[ Edited by ImaMod on May 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
We got 4 good prospects for him. Way too early to judge that trade and we all knew how good Gio was. It doesnt surprise me at all that hes pitching this well this year.

I never wanted us to trade Gio but it is too early say we didnt get a good deal for him when 3 of the 4 prospects we got for him havent played a game in the MLB yet.

But Beane must feel great about that Andrew Bailey trade. Josh Reddick has 14 homers so far, Bailey has yet to play a game.

The Cahill trade is looking pretty good for us also. Jarrod Parker has pitched well and is going to be our future ace, hes just 23 years old. Ryan Cook, our future closer who we got from the Cahill deal, has pitched 24 scoreless innings this season so far. While Cahill has been very average this year

very good points .. like a sir.

Gio is in the running for Cy Young this year...
I agree on the Josh Reddick trade... and most of your other points too
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

don't get me wrong..I still hate the fact we traded Gio.
I still try to watch whenever he pitches watched his last game on ESPN when he had 10 Ks and allowed 1 hit in 7 innings against the braves
one of my favorite players today.

I didn't care that we traded Cahill, he had 1 good year and was terrible last year. I didn't like when we traded Bailey only cause I didn't know who Reddick was at the time.
But the gio trade hurt. I loved watching him pitch for us and still love watching him pitch for the nationals
[ Edited by ImaMod on May 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM ]

Im still a huge Gio fan and I hope he does get Cy this year. I was pissed about all of the trades we made this offseason getting rid of our nice core of pitchers but with the A's I have learned to stay patient and have faith.

Reddick is a straight monster right now in the month of may and Bailey is falling apart in Boston so like I said stay patient and have faith. I feel that most A's fans will agree with me on this.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Im still a huge Gio fan and I hope he does get Cy this year. I was pissed about all of the trades we made this offseason getting rid of our nice core of pitchers but with the A's I have learned to stay patient and have faith.

Reddick is a straight monster right now in the month of may and Bailey is falling apart in Boston so like I said stay patient and have faith. I feel that most A's fans will agree with me on this.

This.

Right now, Reddick is the only bat in our lineup that pitchers fear. Cespedes may be back on Friday. Manny might be coming with him.

There's been so much talk about Coco's decline. Stating that he should have gone to Sac for a rehab assignment prior to joining the squad a couple of weeks ago. They say that he declined the assignment and said that he was fully ready to go. Yeah...uh...he's been sh**ty thus far. Sucks cuz we need for him to heat up for at least 2-3 weeks, in order to trade him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM ]
The rangers over looked the A's because they're facing the Giants this weekend.
Well there goes all our runs for the week....

On the plus side though Parker pitched amazing. I see why Billy traded Cahill for him.
YOENIS be ballin tho