LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 447 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Team dismantle beginning in 5, 4, 3, 2.....

get outta here troll
Lol, it is so easy to push your buttons
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

whenever I post in the giants thread people tell me to get out

i wasn't really mad lol
neither do I care.

but we have 3 years till we ....blow it up

whenever I post in the giants thread people tell me to get out

i wasn't really mad lol
neither do I care.

but we have 3 years till we ....blow it up
I don't know...Lew Wolff got dangerously close to winning a pennant. I think he will want to end any threat of that right away.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I don't know...Lew Wolff got dangerously close to winning a pennant. I think he will want to end any threat of that right away.

That's a good point

That's a good point

I went to game 4 of the A's series ALDS with the Rangers in Oakland and thought the atmosphere was great. I had club level seats and went to the bar behind the first base line...biggest problem was that the staff was WAY overworked. You could tell they were not prepared for the crowd they got which again, I blame on the cheap A's ownership. They should have prepared. The bartender who took care of me was great but she was clearly overwhelmed.
CSN California Breaking News: A's acquire CF Chris Young from Diamondbacks http://vbs.cm/50E2mW Text STOP to quit, HELP for info

He is great if you like .220 hitters who strike out a ton.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I went to game 4 of the A's series ALDS with the Rangers in Oakland and thought the atmosphere was great. I had club level seats and went to the bar behind the first base line...biggest problem was that the staff was WAY overworked. You could tell they were not prepared for the crowd they got which again, I blame on the cheap A's ownership. They should have prepared. The bartender who took care of me was great but she was clearly overwhelmed.

I read an article..actually it was a blog post.. about how crappy all the venues and everything at the colliseum is. The guy thought Lew Wolff did it on purpose just to make it look more crappy of a stadium so they can hurry up and get a new one
Idk.. it wouldn't surprise me but I'm pretty sure cheap ass Lew Wolff doesn't give a rats ass if the fans are happy or not
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
CSN California Breaking News: A's acquire CF Chris Young from Diamondbacks http://vbs.cm/50E2mW Text STOP to quit, HELP for info

Sounds like 75% of the A's players on the roster already lol

Seriously though.. he has good speed, power, plays great defense and has a great arm. Considering all we gave up is Cliff Pennington and a struggling minor league player I don't think its a bad trade at all.

We just already had a crowded OF and now its even more crowded. Cespy, Crisp, Reddick, Young, Seth Smith, and I guess we won't resign Gomes now :/
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM ]

Seriously though.. he has good speed, power, plays great defense and has a great arm. Considering all we gave up is Cliff Pennington and a struggling minor league player I don't think its a bad trade at all.

We just already had a crowded OF and now its even more crowded. Cespy, Crisp, Reddick, Young, Seth Smith, and I guess we won't resign Gomes now :/

I've never liked Young. I remember having a debate with Niners99 who tried to tell me that Young was better than Jay Bruce. I still laugh at that one.
Saw these article too, this was a paragraph in the story, interesting.

This could be a sign Beane, the A's general manage,might try to move center fielder Coco Crisp, who signed a $14 million, two-year contract in January that includes a $7.5 million club option for 2014 with a $1 million buyout. Beane, however, said he plans to keep Crisp, though he realized there would be speculation otherwise.
http://news.yahoo.com/bell-dealt-d-backs-trade-young-oakland-214138158--mlb.html

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Beane answered a lot of questions

Jane Lee ‏@JaneMLB
Beane says he does not intend to move any outfielders on current roster, even with Young in tow now.

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser
Beane says Sizemore will go back to 2B. #Athletics

Jane Lee ‏@JaneMLB
Beane says Sizemore will move back to second base and Donaldson remains the guy at third base.

Casey Pratt ‏@CaseyPrattCSN
Beane said the #athletics payroll will be going up. Trying to take advantage of momentum from last year.

Jane Lee ‏@JaneMLB
Beane on Crisp: "Everyone knows how important this guy is to our team." Says he's "a personal favorite of mine."

Joe Stiglich ‏@joestiglich
Beane says that acquisition of Young affects possibility of re-signing Gomes. "It will have an impact." #Athletics

He likes 5-player OF group of Coco, Cespedes, Reddick, Young and Smith. Sees that group rotating through DH spot potentially also#Athletics

Beane says he called #Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers about possibility of trading for Young the day after #Athletics eliminated by Det.

I liked Gomes a lot.. oh well

C - Norris/Kottaras
1B - Carter/Moss
2B- Sizemore/Weeks
SS- Drew
3B - Donaldson
LF - Cespy/Seth Smith
CF - Crisp/Young
RF - Reddick
SP - Anderson, Parker, Milone, Griffin, hopefully resign McCarthy
RP - Balfour, Cook, Doolittle, Blevins, Noberto, Blackley/Neshek/Scribner

who knows how our team will look in 2013, Im sure Beane will be making more moves
Pennington got hot in September...but still couldn't get his average above .230. Nice trade IMO

Let Chili work with Chris Young for a bit. If he can get him up to .250-.260, I'd be happy.

I've never liked Young. I remember having a debate with Niners99 who tried to tell me that Young was better than Jay Bruce. I still laugh at that one.

That was for fantasy baseball, and we had that argument right before the 2011 season, when Young was coming off a 94 R, 27 HR, 98 RBI, 28 SB, .257 season.

But nice try on attempting to twist the story so you could talk crap. Or maybe youre just at that age where your memory just isnt the sharpest?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM ]
This is a very nice pick up for us. I like Chris Young and shores up a very power heavy outfield. We are improving this team and that is something I love to see especially after a 94 win season.
I wanted.that bay bridge world series
Share 49ersWebzone