LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
lol. You little crap. I wasnt jealous of the A's, but you cannot argue the success when I was growing up. They used to win. I never hated the A's, I hate the raiders and thats it. I was actually raised to root for all bay area sports teams. Even when you go back in time there wasnt the niners raiders rivalry like now. We used to attend As and Giants games regularly when I was young, but the Gs were my favorite. I used to have fun sitting in Hendu land in the bleachers. You probably dont remember that huh?

lol maybe it was someone else. But i remember one of the Giants' fans that post here say he hated the A's growing up cause they were superior to the Giants a long time ago

And obviously I don't remember that, but I do know what you're talking about
To NJ and Rubber: These are the posts that prompted my reaction.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
For bandwagoning fans, this is a very good crowd. They're still cheering, "lets go oakland"

Originally posted by Garcia:
A's fans are so loyal thats why the franchise wants to leave Oakland.

Originally posted by Niners99:
If the A's fans were better, they wouldnt have to close off the entire upper deck. They might also have the revenue to keep players. The Giants have the longest current sellout streak in the majors, and youre suggesting they dont have heart?

Question our ownership group's tactics that's fine with me. Personally, I am not a fan of Lew Wolff. But don't bring our fans into this. Just don't go there.

And enough with the model franchise stuff. You guys have a beautiful ballpark. You gave a great marketing team. From a business perspective you guys are run very well. If we had a new ballpark our organization would look a lot better run just by that alone. But I hate your ownership group and the tactics they've used to keep the A's down. They would love nothing more than to see the A's move out of the Bay Area entirely. Also some Giants fans, especially since they won their world series, have been so goddamn arrogant to A's fans. Combine those two things and it makes it very very difficult to root for the Giant's organization. I appreciate those of you who have been rooting for us to do well don't get me wrong. But it is easier to root for the underdog when you're sitting atop the mountain than it is for us to look up at you guys on top of the mountain and root for the Giants.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

For bandwagoning fans, this is a very good crowd. They're still cheering, "lets go oakland"

If the A's fans were better, they wouldnt have to close off the entire upper deck. They might also have the revenue to keep players. The Giants have the longest current sellout streak in the majors, and youre suggesting they dont have heart?

Question our ownership group's tactics that's fine with me. Personally, I am not a fan of Lew Wolff. But don't bring our fans into this. Just don't go there.

And enough with the model franchise stuff. You guys have a beautiful ballpark. You gave a great marketing team. From a business perspective you guys are run very well. If we had a new ballpark our organization would look a lot better run just by that alone. But I hate your ownership group and the tactics they've used to keep the A's down. They would love nothing more than to see the A's move out of the Bay Area entirely. Also some Giants fans, especially since they won their world series, have been so goddamn arrogant to A's fans. Combine those two things and it makes it very very difficult to root for the Giant's organization. I appreciate those of you who have been rooting for us to do well don't get me wrong. But it is easier to root for the underdog when you're sitting atop the mountain than it is for us to look up at you guys on top of the mountain and root for the Giants.

Word is bond.
Congrats on a heck of a season.
I personally don't hold anything against the G's and their recent success. I hope that they do win it all this season.

If it's not the Giants, please let it be ANYONE with the exception of the Yankees.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Oct 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Tigers are growing on the list of teams I hate

1. Angels
2. Yankees
3/4. Tigers/Redsox.. tied :o
5. Dodgers

I
Helluva season, congratulations guys. I was really moved by the footage from the stadium post-game, incredible stuff. It'd be awesome if some kind of fan-led ownership (like the Packers) could be set up and you could have an ownership group who cares. You deserve better.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

IIRC, the A's attendance was terrible even when they had that three-peat in the 70's.

Also iirc, the attendance shot up big time when the Raiders left Oakland.

So clearly, the Raiders need to move back to LA for the attendance to go back up (or get a new stadium, whichever comes first)
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I hate Lew Wolff so much
Why not just build the stadium in Jack Londson square
Oakland is begging you to build it there

Originally posted by ImaMod:
I hate Lew Wolff so much

They could move in with the 49ers
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I hate Lew Wolff so much

The A's?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I hate Lew Wolff so much

The A's?

They could play baseball at the new Santa Clara Stadium

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot the Giants were blocking them from Santa Clara County, whoops, looks like they're gonna have to stick it out in O.co
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Oct 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM ]
ATG-

Ill admit, i dont like the A's. pretty much for 2 reasons; My friend is a HUGE A's fan, and he HATES the Giants. He hates them for one reason...because they have more fans, and get more attention than the A's do. He hates how the A's get put on the back burner when it comes to bay area baseball. So naturally, when he finds pure joy in the misfortune of the team i have such a passion for, i love to see his team fail. The 2nd reason is just because i dont like the way they run their organization. I think its a poor way to treat the fanbase.

I just cant stand when A's fans are bitter at the Giants for their successes. The Giants moved here first, so theyre going to have a bigger fanbase. The bay area got the Giants, and thats when many fans picked their allegiance. The A's have brought many great players over the years, but the Giants have just had better. SF brought Willie Mays, the greatest ever. McCovey, Cepeda, Bonds, etc. hitters just draw fans in more than pitchers, and most of the great Oakland A's were pitchers.

The Giants play on the more desirable side of town. The A's play in the ghetto. The Giants have the most beautiful park in baseball, and the A's play in the worst.

The Giants market well, and make team decisions with the fans in mind. We keep fan favorites around for a long time. The A's refuse to keep anyone the fans would buy a jersey of.

The Giants have just been a top flight, model franchise for most of their time in CA. the mid 70's through mid 80's, and early 90's were rough times, but outside that theyve done a great job at being a model franchise. The A's fans seem to act like its all luck that SF gets the attention, but they earned it.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
ATG-

Ill admit, i dont like the A's. pretty much for 2 reasons; My friend is a HUGE A's fan, and he HATES the Giants. He hates them for one reason...because they have more fans, and get more attention than the A's do. He hates how the A's get put on the back burner when it comes to bay area baseball. So naturally, when he finds pure joy in the misfortune of the team i have such a passion for, i love to see his team fail. The 2nd reason is just because i dont like the way they run their organization. I think its a poor way to treat the fanbase.

I just cant stand when A's fans are bitter at the Giants for their successes. The Giants moved here first, so theyre going to have a bigger fanbase. The bay area got the Giants, and thats when many fans picked their allegiance. The A's have brought many great players over the years, but the Giants have just had better. SF brought Willie Mays, the greatest ever. McCovey, Cepeda, Bonds, etc. hitters just draw fans in more than pitchers, and most of the great Oakland A's were pitchers.

The Giants play on the more desirable side of town. The A's play in the ghetto. The Giants have the most beautiful park in baseball, and the A's play in the worst.

The Giants market well, and make team decisions with the fans in mind. We keep fan favorites around for a long time. The A's refuse to keep anyone the fans would buy a jersey of.

The Giants have just been a top flight, model franchise for most of their time in CA. the mid 70's through mid 80's, and early 90's were rough times, but outside that theyve done a great job at being a model franchise. The A's fans seem to act like its all luck that SF gets the attention, but they earned it.

I find a lot of similarities between the Raiders fans and A's fans. There are some good A's fans here, like ATG - but in general - I can't stand them and it's mostly because of the same reason as yours. I know a few A's fan that just hate on Giants...and rubbed it in when Giants lost the WS. I was really surprised - how could they root for a division rival over the Giants.

So, I can't find any joy in their success.
Share 49ersWebzone