There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2011-12 Oakland Athletics Offseason Thread

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Still going after Manny even though we got Yoenes

Oakland seems to have emerged as a more plausible landing spot for Ramirez. Phil Rogerswrote last weekend that Ramirez is likely to sign with the A's since general manager Billy Beane almost certainly would try to deal him before the July 31 deadline if he showed he still can drive in runs.

wow..................
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
wow..................

that doesnt really surprise you does it? lol were not winning our division there 0% chance. So if we have a productive 40 year old, we'll trade him for prospects

its a typical Billy Beane move, he tried this with Matsui and Ben Sheets but those didnt work
manny will flop also
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
manny will flop also

He probably will. not like were going to pay a lot for him
I doubt he comes here anyways why would he wanna try to make a comeback in our pitcher friendly stadium
He probably will. not like were going to pay a lot for him
I doubt he comes here anyways why would he wanna try to make a comeback in our pitcher friendly stadium

hell, who would want to make a comeback for the A's?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
hell, who would want to make a comeback for the A's?

this beast

he hit a homer in his first at bat with the A's
i might go to an a's game because they're stupid cheap.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
i might go to an a's game because they're stupid cheap.

2 dollar Wednesdays?
n***a, i went to stub hub and tickets are EXPENSIVE...well, for an a's game.
wow..................

that doesnt really surprise you does it? lol were not winning our division there 0% chance. So if we have a productive 40 year old, we'll trade him for prospects

its a typical Billy Beane move, he tried this with Matsui and Ben Sheets but those didnt work
Maybe a mid level A ball player. No team is going to give much for Manny even if he is productive. He is old and you cant count on him. Anyway, he is done. No roids=no mas Manual.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Maybe a mid level A ball player. No team is going to give much for Manny even if he is productive. He is old and you cant count on him. Anyway, he is done. No roids=no mas Manual.

I agree..its just a low risk move for a team that needs a DH, and if he is productive maybe they could get someone more valuable for him.. but i doubt he hits anything more than .250
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
low risk move, why not I guess

Baseball sources confirmed to MLB.com that A's officials recently traveled to Florida to observe Ramirez's workouts. If the two sides reach an agreement, Ramirez would earn slightly more than the league minimum of $480,000, according to the Associated Press.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
From ESPN

The Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers are nearing a deal that will send right-hander Koji Uehara to the Bay Area, reports Joe Stiglich.

The deal could save the Rangers as much as $4 million, the salary for Uehara in 2012, which could allow the Rangers to add another player.

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports that such a deal could lead to the Rangers re-signing left-hander Mike Gonzalez.

It certainly seems plausible, and no other clubs have been linked to Gonzalez of late, butRoy Oswalt is also sitting out there on the open market and many believe Arlington is his first choice. Just a thought.

I bet we trade him mid season
A's just signed Manny Ramirez

Lololol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
A's just signed Manny Ramirez

Lololol

Lol