LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Official 2011-12 Oakland Athletics Offseason Thread

Looks like 3rd base goes back to being the complete and utter black hole it was before Sizemore came and played reasonably well.

Worst case scenario is always reality for us. Knee injury = ACL. Elbow soreness = Tommy John surgery. Etc. etc. It just never stops.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Looks like 3rd base goes back to being the complete and utter black hole it was before Sizemore came and played reasonably well.

Worst case scenario is always reality for us. Knee injury = ACL. Elbow soreness = Tommy John surgery. Etc. etc. It just never stops.

for real man. we have the worst luck

Who starts now, Adam Rosales? Or Sean Doolittle the former 1B who they moved to pitcher when spring training started due to a knee injury

I wonder if they'll consider Barton like they did for a couple games..not that hes much better
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
The Oakland Athletics and New York Yankees have reportedly made offers to Cuban third baseman Adonis Garcia. He's 26 and presumably a player that could come in and help a big-league team very soon.

If Garcia projects as a third baseman in the states, the A's have a spot wide open for him, especially since Scott Sizemore injured his knee and will miss the season. The report says the A's have offered -- or are willing to offer -- $18 million to Garcia, though the San Francisco Chronicle's Susan Slusser reports the A's have not made an offer.

wtf are you doing Billy, arent we rebuilding?

rumors are rumors?
1st game today! Good luck!
Brandon Allen with 7 rbis yesterday..let's hope some of that momentum carries over into the regular season. It's his job to lose at 1b..also hope cespedes gets to play in the next game or two
Originally posted by marshniners24:

First game??
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

First game??

First one my phone has told me about..for the angels
First one my phone has told me about..for the angels

Just checked ESPN didn't realise we were playing you guys today lol yes good luck then!
Dam didn't realize you guys have played 3. games already
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Brandon Allen with 7 rbis yesterday..let's hope some of that momentum carries over into the regular season. It's his job to lose at 1b..also hope cespedes gets to play in the next game or two

No doubt he'll start 1b come opening day. I'm officially labeling Daric Barton as a bust

Dam didn't realize you guys have played 3. games already

is ugly jesus pitching today?

Good game...
so what happens to the A's if/when they won't get territorial rights to SJ?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
so what happens to the A's if/when they won't get territorial rights to SJ?

then hopefully Lew Wolff sales the team
I'd rather have Wolff sale the team and not get our SJ Stadium then get the stadium and keep him as owner
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I'd rather have Wolff sale the team and not get our SJ Stadium then get the stadium and keep him as owner

This..I would be pretty disappointed cause it seemed like we put all of our eggs in one basket, but hopefully if he sales the team the new owner could work something out to get a new stadium in Oakland..

Originally posted by ImaMod:

This..I would be pretty disappointed cause it seemed like we put all of our eggs in one basket, but hopefully if he sales the team the new owner could work something out to get a new stadium in Oakland..

This.

But it would take a TON of private money in order to build a new park in Oakland. The City of Oakland has had small discussions regarding an entirely new "Coliseum City"...but I just don't see the taxpayers of Alameda County getting behind it.
[ Edited by Jigga on Mar 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone