• Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
damn.. freakin' cheaters!

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
damn.. freakin' cheaters!

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Not a fan of Lewis - but a decent signing. If Miller doesn't return, we needed a Forward who can shoot the 3s and that's one of the things 'Shard can still do. Hopefully, playing with his buddy Ray Allen again will keep him motivated.
They got Lewis for next to nothing. Basically a risk free deal. He should be able to knock down a couple of wide open threes.
Originally posted by sacniner:
They got Lewis for next to nothing. Basically a risk free deal. He should be able to knock down a couple of wide open threes.

Not in the playoffs, where he gets scared to shoot.
Originally posted by Joecool:

A lot of guys to better when they are surrounded by greatness. No risk really by the Heat. If he sucks in the playoffs they will just sit his a55 down.

after all of those years being one of the most overpaid players in the league, he finally gets a contract he deserves
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I'm not a fan of Lewis - but I've no idea where this came from. During his career with Magic, he had a higher average in the playoffs than in the regular season.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I'm not a fan of Lewis - but I've no idea where this came from. During his career with Magic, he had a higher average in the playoffs than in the regular season.

I recall a few key playoffs games (with ORL and SEA) when he would go cold at the times when his team needed it most. I'm sure he had a moment or two but he would not carry the weight at crunch time when the key players were getting doubled.

Keep talkin Joe
Originally posted by RashardLewis:
Keep talkin Joe

Lol seems legit
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
From Bill Simmons article:

"When they write the history of my reign, sweet sister, they will say it began today."

Let's see, Miami wins the NBA title, LeBron breaks through and hits a level that we haven't seen in two decades, we were all probably screwed, anyway … and then Ray Allen falls into their laps at a 50 percent discount? Good God almighty. We … are … screwed.

...and my favorite part of the article:

If Dwight goes to LA - what does it mean:

Six titles for Kobe. As many as Jordan. More fodder for the ridiculous "Who was better, Kobe or Jordan?" argument that LeBron already squashed this spring by dominating at a level that Kobe never reached.
Where do you think the new guys fit in, 4ML? Allen's a nice addition, but where does he play? Do you play Wade at PG?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Where do you think the new guys fit in, 4ML? Allen's a nice addition, but where does he play? Do you play Wade at PG?

I've no idea to be honest with you. I watched the press conferences and interviews after they signed Allen and Lewis...and Spols and Riley didn't give anything away. Spols said they were looking for guys who could play multiple positions, or help Lebron/Wade play at different positions - and said Allen and Lewis fit that profile. I've heard that Bosh was told that he will play at Center even more this year because he has transformed from a soft vagina to semi-soft vagina.

I fully expect Ray Allen to start and I'll be surprised if they play Chalmers (PG) and Ray (SG) - that will be a very small team. Then again, it won't shock me if they double down on small-ball that worked wonderfully in playoffs. Just can they take that kind of physical punishment for 82 games. I'm not sure even Lebron can play at PF all season.

This is just a guess on my part, but as you mentioned, I think - Wade starts at PG and moves to SG as they will keep Ray's minutes around 30. I've also heard they don't want Wade to play 40+ minutes. If Lebron continues to develop that post game - I think he plays evenly at SF/PF. Miami should have a better rotation at those two spots. When Lewis is in the game, Lebron/Battier move back to SF.

Don't know what's going on with Miller - but I really hope he is back by April. Miami will need all their shooters against the Lakers.
Share 49ersWebzone