LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

2011-2012 Sacramento Kings Thread

Sometimes you have to make due with the cards you were dealt. Sacramento/phx/golden state are not premier destinations for free agents. People don't want to play here. So in order for guys to sign in this day and age you have to throw ridiculous amounts of money at average talent.

Could be for a variety of reasons players don't want to play there. s**tty owners, s**tty team, not huge markets that get a lot of buzz, etc..
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings Jerseys Picked Worst in Pro Sports..

Kings fans may disagree, but according to a list of the jerseys of every team in the four major professional leagues, Sacramento's uniforms are the worst in sports.The Kings came in at No. 122 in Paul Lukas' jersey power rankings at Uni Watch on ESPN.com. Lukas has unveiled No. 122 down to No. 76, working his way to No. 1 by the end of the week. No other Bay Area teams made the bottom two-fifths of the rankings.

Lukas cited the Kings' "brutal color scheme," "illegible chest lettering on the home jersey," "oddly off-center front uni numbers," "clownish number font" and "completely incongruous old-school script on the black alternate" as his reasons for placing Sacramento last.

The Kings finished behind the Cincinnati Bengals, Brooklyn Nets, Minnesota Vikings and Colorado Avalanche to round out the bottom five of the rankings.

More..

http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball-sacramento-kings/kings-talk/Kings-jerseys-picked-worst-in-pro-sports?blockID=760589&feedID=2802

Wow, I dunno. Probably another reason we can't get Free Agents haha. I think Brandon Jacobs signed with the 49ers because he likes our jersey.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Kings fans may disagree, but according to a list of the jerseys of every team in the four major professional leagues, Sacramento's uniforms are the worst in sports.The Kings came in at No. 122 in Paul Lukas' jersey power rankings at Uni Watch on ESPN.com. Lukas has unveiled No. 122 down to No. 76, working his way to No. 1 by the end of the week. No other Bay Area teams made the bottom two-fifths of the rankings.

Lukas cited the Kings' "brutal color scheme," "illegible chest lettering on the home jersey," "oddly off-center front uni numbers," "clownish number font" and "completely incongruous old-school script on the black alternate" as his reasons for placing Sacramento last.

The Kings finished behind the Cincinnati Bengals, Brooklyn Nets, Minnesota Vikings and Colorado Avalanche to round out the bottom five of the rankings.

More..

http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball-sacramento-kings/kings-talk/Kings-jerseys-picked-worst-in-pro-sports?blockID=760589&feedID=2802

Wow, I dunno. Probably another reason we can't get Free Agents haha. I think Brandon Jacobs signed with the 49ers because he likes our jersey.

I agree. Should have improved our uni with these colors. I hate purple, always have. The black version is good, but the other ones suck.

Saw that. Lol go kings
They used to be uglier. Checkers? Really? To signify you'll be finishing last?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I see very few teams committing to a ground up approach. I see MANY more teams making moves in an overvalued market (Free Agency) and committing to mediocrity. For example, the Nash Era ends in Phoenix and what do they do? Throw $10M per year at Goran Dragic and try to sign Eric Gordon to a max deal. The Hornets...instead of being patient and using the appeal of Anthony Davis on his rookie contract + a ton of cap space to attract big time FAs, they give Ryan Anderson $9M and Eric Gordon a max deal. The Warriors...sign Lee to that ridiculous deal, then trade for Bogut & Jefferson & sign Landry & Jack. I could go on and on. These teams have committed to mediocrity. I've very curious to hear from you which teams have committed to a true ground up approach in your opinion, and have failed. The only team I can think of that fits that description is Portland, and that's because of terrible luck with injuries.

The Lakers got Howard because they had the best asset available on the market. Of course it was a no-brainer for them, but the only reason the other team said yes is because the Lakers had the most desirable trading piece. The part that I feel you're overlooking is that the Lakers had ZERO chance to acquire either Dwight Howard or Steve Nash via free agency. As a result, they had to give up assets in order to get them. The only reason that those is because they hit a home run on a draft pick several years before when they selected Andrew Bynum. The only reason Phoenix says yes to a deal to the Lakers is that they were willing to give up far more for him than anyone else would have.

You say that the Kings couldn't make this deal in the modern NBA, even with great ownership, and I'd say..."why not"? 14 years ago, a malcontented superstar was on the trade block, and you did exactly what the Lakers did...you put the best asset on the table (Mitch Richmond) and you were able to acquire him. He was a cocky kid from Michigan who had no interest in Sacramento, yet you were still able to keep him because he would have been crazy to leave that situation.

What's different now, sac? (aside from your ownership) Who are the teams in the NBA that have really tried to rebuild from the ground up, but it hasn't worked out? I'm someone who loves strategic games like chess, Warfish, and things of that nature, and IMO there are very few teams who know how to play the strategy game that is the composition of an NBA roster.

I don't feel like going through the NBA teams and determining which ones "did a ground up approach," but off the top of my head Milwaukee, Toronto, Charlotte, Sacramento. A lot of others also. If the "other" teams (that's what I'll refer to when I'm talking about the small and mid teams) sign a free agent it is not going to be ideal most of the time. A lot of guys are overpaid in this league. To compound it for the other teams, they may have to pay more to get these guys. I am in the minority that applauded Phoenix for at least trying to put a decent, watchable product on the floor instead of crap and then hope to get lucky. That puts your fans in years of garbage unless they get lucky like OKC. So what should these guys do? Not go after any above average FAs? That is the conundrum. Yes, they can try and build from ground up, but like I've said several times the odds are against them. Sure they aren't going to win a ring, but most of these teams never will anyway. At least the product will be watchable.

The Lakers wouldn't have gotten those guys in FA. But, Orlando and PHO knew they were leaving and wanted to get something for the players. The superstars inform most teams that they won't resign with them, so if they give up the pieces they will get screwed after a year. You say "the only reason" the former teams accepted the Laker deals is because of the assets. That is absolute BS. They accepted the deal because in large part those teams had an extremely small pool of teams to work with. The Bynum trade chip I agree with you on, but the Magic didn't even get him. As far as Nash goes, he really picked where the hell he went. The Suns were restricted with who they could work with. Not sure why you won't accept that this is a star made super team similar to the Heat. Yeah, LBJ choose MIA as a FA, but the stars in this situation choose the Lakers as well. I think you should admit that. Does not lessen your team, and it shouldn't make you feel "guilty" as a fan.

As far as the Kings go, I guess we can make a miracle happen again but like I said, since 1985 we've had a high caliber, legitimate contender for that one run. Teams like Sac don't really duplicate that magic on a consistent basis. But, you never know I guess. I think the big thing that has changed in the NBA is that players are using their power to decide where they are going to play more than ever. And this won't go away.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Muggins:

More..

well you cant even buy it online anymore. Their online store has been down for two months.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/kings-own-online-store-goes-dark-not-that-anyone-notices/
Originally posted by susweel:
well you cant even buy it online anymore. Their online store has been down for two months.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/kings-own-online-store-goes-dark-not-that-anyone-notices/

Lol, I saw that. No one even noticed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sacniner:

f**king maloofs have ran that franchise into the ground. Dont know why they wont just put it up for sale.
This jersey is bad ass!

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
This jersey is bad ass!

Yeah, that draft pick for marketing purposes didn't work out too well. Lol, f'n Maloofs are idiots.

f**king maloofs have ran that franchise into the ground. Dont know why they wont just put it up for sale.

Agreed.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

Second to last on this b*tch. Suck it Toronto Maple Leafs!

Oh yeah, I hate you Maloofs
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

Second to last on this b*tch. Suck it Toronto Maple Leafs!

Oh yeah, I hate you Maloofs

Hahhahahaha that's awesome
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Aw crap, I just heard that Seattle has an agreement to build a new Arena. RUH ROH
Share 49ersWebzone