LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

2011-2012 Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I only saw from the 8 min mark of the 4th quarter but Arco was rocking the s**t out. Nice showing my fellow Kings Fans.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Lets keep this up... this team needs to shut people like me up (I have been negative )

The backcourt can flat score. Thornton, Reke and Jimmer. Loved what I saw out of Isiah Thomas also. Hopefully he can give us some quality PG time off the bench this year. He is the only pure PG on the squad. Hayes is nice on the inside and he even made a free throw. DMC was busting his a55 tonight. Glad he didn't b*tch at Westphal for taking him out of the game after he picked up that tech on Gasol. Like how everyone contributes. This backcourt will be fun to watch. Lets hope their egos don't get too big and those guys can share the ball.

I'm curious to see how the Thornton/Reke/Jimmer trio develops over time. They're all signed here for a while, and I think the difference between them being a solid backcourt and a very, very good one is how much enjoyment they get out of seeing each other succeed. I think that manifests itself on the court in ball movement. There were times tonight where I felt like a guy took a good shot, but if he swings it one more time his teammate has a great shot. Each of those dudes can fill it up in different ways, but you can also tell that each of them has spent their entire lives having offenses built around them.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 26, 2011 at 10:49 PM ]
Awesome game tonight!!! Thornton picking up where he left off last year.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Lets keep this up... this team needs to shut people like me up (I have been negative )

The backcourt can flat score. Thornton, Reke and Jimmer. Loved what I saw out of Isiah Thomas also. Hopefully he can give us some quality PG time off the bench this year. He is the only pure PG on the squad. Hayes is nice on the inside and he even made a free throw. DMC was busting his a55 tonight. Glad he didn't b*tch at Westphal for taking him out of the game after he picked up that tech on Gasol. Like how everyone contributes. This backcourt will be fun to watch. Lets hope their egos don't get too big and those guys can share the ball.

I'm curious to see how the Thornton/Reke/Jimmer trio develops over time. They're all signed here for a while, and I think the difference between them being a solid backcourt and a very, very good one is how much enjoyment they get out of seeing each other succeed. I think that manifests itself on the court in ball movement. There were times tonight where I felt like a guy took a good shot, but if he swings it one more time his teammate has a great shot. Each of those dudes can fill it up in different ways, but you can also tell that each of them has spent their entire lives having offenses built around them.

yeah I know. From what I can tell Chuck, Hickson, and DMC all really like Jimmer. We have a great backcourt but the 1 thing I'm worried about is that DMC won't get enough post touches. He can be a 20/10/5 guy IMO 3-4 years from now. But right now we are flying high with Thornton and Reke, and it is such an improvement over the last 5 years I will happily take it. They all mostly want to win so I think it will work out.

I noticed the extra pass issue as well. They ended up scoring more often than not, but I would have liked to see that 1 extra pass
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I noticed the extra pass issue as well. They ended up scoring more often than not, but I would have liked to see that 1 extra pass

On one, Evans was wide open and Thornton made a difficult three...Evans didn't even give any indication of excitement or acknowledgement to Thornton for those points. Probably reading too much into it but well see how they respond when those don't fall.
Great win last night. Kings played with such energy, it was nice to see!
Great way to start the season!
Nice-looking squad up their in Sac. You guys will definitely light up the scoreboard this season. If Westphal can get these guys to play with the same kind of effort throughout the season, you'll get into the playoffs with no issue.

Originally posted by Jigga:
Nice-looking squad up their in Sac. You guys will definitely light up the scoreboard this season. If Westphal can get these guys to play with the same kind of effort throughout the season, you'll get into the playoffs with no issue.

You singing my song bro
damn, what happened tonight 'Reke?
Tonight was the downside of having three combo guards and no true point. Needed someone to run the show and calm things down, get us into some offense. Plus the Blazers played a helluva game.
Started hot and ended cold showed our youth
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
damn, what happened tonight 'Reke?

I really wish they would just turn him into a SG or a SF. He was too passive tonight, we need him to be a lot more aggressive.
Share 49ersWebzone