There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-2012 Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by ilikecows699:

met mike bibby playing craps at the palms
:0 haters gon hate
Has "haters gonna hate" always meant, "I don't want to listen to people when they're right", or is that a new thing?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Has "haters gonna hate" always meant, "I don't want to listen to people when they're right", or is that a new thing?

COME AT ME BRO
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
im the biggest 49er fan the webzone has ever seen..i just like wearing snapbacks of diff teams -_____-

Yea, i use to be like that with my baseball teams. I own 8 or 9 different style Giants hats, but I have a pirates and a redsox hat.(alt. colors)
Virginia Beach Kings


http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/23/4751629/report-sacramento-kings-may-move.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#mi_rss=Latest%20News
f**king Maloofs should be shot.
Originally posted by susweel:
Virginia Beach Kings


http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/23/4751629/report-sacramento-kings-may-move.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#mi_rss=Latest%20News

why I am against the kings moving period, if they have to move, Virginia Beach is a perfect spot. Way better than Vegas.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM ]
Awww, the life of a Kings fan. F**king despise these owners. I would love to fight them. Either one on one or three on one. Scum. If they died in any type of accident I would go out and celebrate like the Kings won a championship. Frisco, how is Virginia Beach a perfect spot? A lot of holes in this move, per Sactownroyalty.com:

1. Virginia Beach may be the biggest city in Virginia, but it's smaller than Sacramento and a much smaller media market. The Hampton Roads area has approximately 1.6 million people, about half of the Sacramento metropolitan area. Sacramento is also the 19th largest media market in the country, while the Norfolk area is 42nd. (Source)

2. The Maloofs don't have any money to build a new hotel. They might say they do, but actions speak louder than words.

3. The article says the Maloofs own the Palm Hotels. This is false, as they lost most of their stake and now just own 2%.

4. The Maloofs would not announce a move 2 months prior to the season starting, particularly to a city where no arena has been built. Ticket sales would absolutely plummet, boycotts would start, etc.

5. David Stern very recently said that if the Kings wanted to move to Anaheim, they would not be allowed to. That's in one of the biggest media markets in the country, and one with an arena already built.

6. The likely costs of relocation would cost more than the city of Sacramento asked from the Maloofs to build a new arena in Sacramento, which they shot down.

7. About a billion different things need to happen before a team can move. The team must apply to relocate, the Board of Governors needs to approve, a new arena needs to be built, numerous contracts need to be signed. None of this has happened yet.

I could go on, but I don't think I'm going to get super upset over this likely false report. I sincerely doubt that Virginia Beach poses any threat to the future of the Sacramento Kings.

This would be very odd. Would the NBA support a move here. In a resort city? WTF? At least now, I am prepared for them to move and would not care as much. This experience has been an eye opener on what sports really are. Fans think the team is theirs or the cities, but it never is.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Awww, the life of a Kings fan. F**king despise these owners. I would love to fight them. Either one on one or three on one. Scum. If they died in any type of accident I would go out and celebrate like the Kings won a championship. Frisco, how is Virginia Beach a perfect spot? A lot of holes in this move, per Sactownroyalty.com:

1. Virginia Beach may be the biggest city in Virginia, but it's smaller than Sacramento and a much smaller media market. The Hampton Roads area has approximately 1.6 million people, about half of the Sacramento metropolitan area. Sacramento is also the 19th largest media market in the country, while the Norfolk area is 42nd. (Source)

2. The Maloofs don't have any money to build a new hotel. They might say they do, but actions speak louder than words.

3. The article says the Maloofs own the Palm Hotels. This is false, as they lost most of their stake and now just own 2%.

4. The Maloofs would not announce a move 2 months prior to the season starting, particularly to a city where no arena has been built. Ticket sales would absolutely plummet, boycotts would start, etc.

5. David Stern very recently said that if the Kings wanted to move to Anaheim, they would not be allowed to. That's in one of the biggest media markets in the country, and one with an arena already built.

6. The likely costs of relocation would cost more than the city of Sacramento asked from the Maloofs to build a new arena in Sacramento, which they shot down.

7. About a billion different things need to happen before a team can move. The team must apply to relocate, the Board of Governors needs to approve, a new arena needs to be built, numerous contracts need to be signed. None of this has happened yet.

I could go on, but I don't think I'm going to get super upset over this likely false report. I sincerely doubt that Virginia Beach poses any threat to the future of the Sacramento Kings.

This would be very odd. Would the NBA support a move here. In a resort city? WTF? At least now, I am prepared for them to move and would not care as much. This experience has been an eye opener on what sports really are. Fans think the team is theirs or the cities, but it never is.

damn thats a bit harsh.
Originally posted by susweel:
damn thats a bit harsh.

I would look at it like when we killed Bin Laden.
Originally posted by susweel:
damn thats a bit harsh.

No man, it's the truth. I take my sports seriously. These a holes have made a mockery of the city and being real sports owners.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by susweel:
damn thats a bit harsh.

No man, it's the truth. I take my sports seriously. These a holes have made a mockery of the city and being real sports owners.

Virginia beach is a good location and market for an NBA team. (see OKC) and i doubt anything really happens until a new stadium is approved. And Stern blocked the Anaheim move b/c there are already two teams in LA. And for the record, I would rather haver the Kings play in Uganda if it made the Maloofs leave.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Virginia beach is a good location and market for an NBA team. (see OKC) and i doubt anything really happens until a new stadium is approved. And Stern blocked the Anaheim move b/c there are already two teams in LA. And for the record, I would rather haver the Kings play in Uganda if it made the Maloofs leave.

I disagree with you about Virginia Beach being a good location and market for an NBA Team. It has a lot less people than the greater Sac area, also it brings in a lot of tourists who wouldn't really care or support the team. Sure, they may buy tickets to a game if a big draw team is playing (MIA, LAL, etc) but that happens in Sac when those teams come. I don't think OKC is a good comparison. That area is different as it's all local people who would support the hell out of a local team, especially if they are good. Also, VB is a way smaller media market than Sac.

But, if someone else pays for a new arena for these clowns I'm sure they would salivate for it. They would get down on their knees for a handout at this point.
f**k
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Virginia beach is a good location and market for an NBA team. (see OKC) and i doubt anything really happens until a new stadium is approved. And Stern blocked the Anaheim move b/c there are already two teams in LA. And for the record, I would rather haver the Kings play in Uganda if it made the Maloofs leave.

I disagree with you about Virginia Beach being a good location and market for an NBA Team. It has a lot less people than the greater Sac area, also it brings in a lot of tourists who wouldn't really care or support the team. Sure, they may buy tickets to a game if a big draw team is playing (MIA, LAL, etc) but that happens in Sac when those teams come. I don't think OKC is a good comparison. That area is different as it's all local people who would support the hell out of a local team, especially if they are good. Also, VB is a way smaller media market than Sac.

But, if someone else pays for a new arena for these clowns I'm sure they would salivate for it. They would get down on their knees for a handout at this point.

if the spurs can do it, so can we. We have a good core and just need to make a run to really get on some spotlight for once in the last 6 years