There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

^
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2011/12/07/chris-paul-and-risks-worth-taking/

I don't think I'm down for trading Ellis, Thompson AND Udoh for one year of Paul, but this guy does bring up some good points.

Bring in Chandler and start winning, Paul might want to stick around.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Loser teams assume players will want to bolt at the earliest possible moment. Winning teams assume that their players will want to stick around. The Warriors are currently losers — and certainly have the mindset — but with Paul and a strong supporting cast, they could very well become a Western powerhouse

What a stupid statement.

Dan Gilbert and Cleveland didn't think Lebron would leave until he actually did.

It's not a losing mentality. It's called reality. Chris Paul wants to play in New York.

Building a team of Paul/Monta/Wright/Lee/Chandler, only to watch Paul leave and be stuck with Tyson Chandler's monster contract, would be so incredibly short-sighted and naive.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
More to the point, keeping Curry is a risk. He might well want to flee for Charlotte. Between Stephen's public flirtation with the Bobcats and his new Charlotte-area house, GSW could be "renting" Curry in the way so many caution against "renting" Chris Paul's talents.

This is actually a good point that I hadn't thought about though.

Link:http://www.warriorsworld.net/2011/12/07/stephen-curry-chris-paul/
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Tyson CHandler was at the 49ers game lol

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Tyson-Chandler-in-Bay-Area-for-49ers-gam?blockID=605648

• crzy
  • Veteran
According to this link it will happen.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2011/12/07/chris-paul-will-be-dealt-shortly/

Joe Gerrity December 7, 2011 at 02:06 Central

Chris Paul will likely be traded to the Golden State Warriors within the next few days according to sources within the Hornets organization. Wonder why I say that? Among other reasons (Mr. Sources told me), they have supposedly been preparing biographies for players who would not be inbound if Paul weren't on the trading block. Why do that if you aren't preparing a trade? The most likely team to acquire CP3, the Warriors, will reportedly offer Stephen Curry, Ekpe Udoh, and Klay Thompson as primary pieces of a deal regardless of whether or not their ownership is guaranteed that Chris Paul will re-sign. As Michael said, the Hornets are and should be very high on Curry. That's a big and bold move, especially considering Paul hasn't given any public concrete statement about playing out his career in the Bay Area. He also hasn't publicly met with ownership there. That said, presuming the Warriors acquire Paul before the 1st of January, they will be the only team able to offer him a max deal heading into his next contract. Considering his past knee injury, smart money says they get him and keep him if that's the case, especially if they amnesty Biedrins and then sign Tyson Chandler as they would be expected to do. Keep in mind that their owners are rich, even in relation to their peers.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 7, 2011 at 5:16 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Chris Paul Monta Ellis and David Lee all on the same team during the 2007 NBA Rookie - Sophomore Challenge

• crzy
  • Veteran
oh my god watch a ton of paul monta highlights is starting to suck me into this trade.

The pessimist in me knows that this is going to end in spectacular failure.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Heard Woj on 99.7 radio talking about Chris Paul's relationship with Tyson chandler and how that might convince him to sign an extension.

I am totally getting sucked into this trade
Do the f**king trade. Just take a god damn chance for once
Originally posted by crzy:
According to this link it will happen.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2011/12/07/chris-paul-will-be-dealt-shortly/

Joe Gerrity December 7, 2011 at 02:06 Central

Chris Paul will likely be traded to the Golden State Warriors within the next few days according to sources within the Hornets organization. Wonder why I say that? Among other reasons (Mr. Sources told me), they have supposedly been preparing biographies for players who would not be inbound if Paul weren't on the trading block. Why do that if you aren't preparing a trade? The most likely team to acquire CP3, the Warriors, will reportedly offer Stephen Curry, Ekpe Udoh, and Klay Thompson as primary pieces of a deal regardless of whether or not their ownership is guaranteed that Chris Paul will re-sign. As Michael said, the Hornets are and should be very high on Curry. That's a big and bold move, especially considering Paul hasn't given any public concrete statement about playing out his career in the Bay Area. He also hasn't publicly met with ownership there. That said, presuming the Warriors acquire Paul before the 1st of January, they will be the only team able to offer him a max deal heading into his next contract. Considering his past knee injury, smart money says they get him and keep him if that's the case, especially if they amnesty Biedrins and then sign Tyson Chandler as they would be expected to do. Keep in mind that their owners are rich, even in relation to their peers.

ESPN is saying that the Dubs are balking at the idea of trading Curry without an assurance of an extension from Paul. Same with the Clippers & Gordon.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
ESPN is saying that the Dubs are balking at the idea of trading Curry without an assurance of an extension from Paul. Same with the Clippers & Gordon.

I've read that we will do the trade regardless.

I can find the links after I'm back from work.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I've read that we will do the trade regardless.

I can find the links after I'm back from work.

No need to find the links, I believe you. At this point it's ALL speculation. I just don't think it's a good move. Curry's a very good player who's still on his rookie contract and is gonna be with the team for at least the next 3 years. And you're also giving up two guys with the potential to be very good role players. For a year of Chris Paul, hoping that his buddy Tyson Chandler (who you haven't signed yet) can convince him to stay? Bad move, IMO.

You do this deal every day of the week if CP3 wants to stay, but not under these circumstances.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Dec 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
For the love of god..............make that Paul trade happen!!!!
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com