LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Bernie Fine Fired

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
yeah I figured he was a pedophile. Wonder if he can go to jail or be prosecuted now???

I would hope he could still be prosecuted and go to jail. Is there some statue of limitations that prevents that?

What is wrong with the sick f**ks. Jebus.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jim Boeheim releases statement: "The allegations that have come forth today are disturbing and deeply troubling. I am personally very shocked because I have never witnessed any of the activities that have been alleged. I believe the university took the appropriate step tonight. What is most important is that this matter be fully investigated and that anyone with information be supported to come forward so that the truth can be found. I deeply regret any statements I made that might have inhibited that from occurring or been insensitive to victims of abuse."

darrenrovell darren rovell

I do wish that Boeheim's apology had some REAL words & lawyers didn't scrub all emotion from his statement.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by horsecore:

What is wrong with the sick f**ks. Jebus.

these 2 idiots chose wrong baoding balls to juggle. should have learned from Big Ben on how to rape women. have the evidence destroyed, get away easily and still million dollar jobs. p.s i'm not advocating rape of any species.
Unless it can be proven that Boeheim knew about the allegations previously and tried to cover this up he should not be fired. He messed up no doubt by calling the accuser a liar. Should that alone be a reason to fire him? I dont think so. Now, if it comes out that there was any cover up by Boeheim he should be fired and indicted.

Some would say that he is responsible for anyone on his staff and their actions. I think that is wrong.
Originally posted by schmons:
so how long before Boeheim releases a statement? i thought his comments about the situation earlier were way out of line, he could have said something to support his friend but he didnt need to attack the accuser. what a PR nightmare he has to deal with now.

Agree. His statement was too harsh. But that alone should not get him fired. This situation by all appearances is vastly different than Pen State.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Unless it can be proven that Boeheim knew about the allegations previously and tried to cover this up he should not be fired. He messed up no doubt by calling the accuser a liar. Should that alone be a reason to fire him? I dont think so. Now, if it comes out that there was any cover up by Boeheim he should be fired and indicted.

Some would say that he is responsible for anyone on his staff and their actions. I think that is wrong.

yeah he's not joe pa yet. I'm not sure if Fine can even go to jail though because of statute of limitations and lack of his own confession or physical evidence. His wife has known about him for years and years now and never went to the cops, when they check her story she might change to protect him. Who knows at this point.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jim Boeheim releases statement: "The allegations that have come forth today are disturbing and deeply troubling. I am personally very shocked because I have never witnessed any of the activities that have been alleged. I believe the university took the appropriate step tonight. What is most important is that this matter be fully investigated and that anyone with information be supported to come forward so that the truth can be found. I deeply regret any statements I made that might have inhibited that from occurring or been insensitive to victims of abuse."

Quote:
darrenrovell darren rovell

I do wish that Boeheim's apology had some REAL words & lawyers didn't scrub all emotion from his statement.

Who is this Darren fellow? He wants emotion? That is what he got in Bohiem's first statement, which he was critical of.
Boeheim didn't even apology to the accuser after calling him a liar and an extortionist. Those kinds of comments make others fear about speaking up.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
dan_bernstein Dan Bernstein

Read this transcript. No mention of Boeheim, but I still think this scandal forces him out, soon.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/read_the_transcript_excerpts_f.html

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Who is this Darren fellow? He wants emotion? That is what he got in Bohiem's first statement, which he was critical of.

Emmy Award winning sports business reporter for CNBC & host of Sports Biz: Game On on Versus every Friday night at 7pm ET.
Hope this ends disturbing pedophile news on espn
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This will be monitored extremely closely, and the rules, given the circumstances, will be STRICTLY enforced. You have been so notified.
I keep reading it as Barney Fife fired.

Mayberry is screwed.
Wtf I saw on sportscenter the conversation between the accuser and bernie fines wife...3 questions

1. Is the accuser gay?
2. Is the accuser autistic?
3. How do adults let this stuff go on without saying anything?
Share 49ersWebzone