There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

.be
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Jim Rome asks David Stern if the NBA draft is fixed, audio at the bottom of article.
link
[ Edited by jimrat on Jun 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM ]
Gerald Wallace is not picking up his option with the Nets.. Should've kept that pick! Theres a significant drop off after the 6th pick
Originally posted by YungAce:
Gerald Wallace is not picking up his option with the Nets.. Should've kept that pick! Theres a significant drop off after the 6th pick

Ouch. That was a stupid deal before this happened, but now it's disasterous. From what I understand, Deron's as good as gone too.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Ouch. That was a stupid deal before this happened, but now it's disasterous. From what I understand, Deron's as good as gone too.

Poor Brooklyn lolz
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Poor Brooklyn lolz

Does Dallas have the cap room to sign Deron and Gerald? I could definitely see that happening
Does Dallas have the cap room to sign Deron and Gerald? I could definitely see that happening

The short answer is yes. They'd have to make a move and/or use their amnesty provision on Haywood or Marion, but they could very easily have enough cash to sign both guys.

The short answer is yes. They'd have to make a move and/or use their amnesty provision on Haywood or Marion, but they could very easily have enough cash to sign both guys.

They will also need to renounce the rights to guys like Jason Terry, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, etc... before having any cap room.

Plus Odom's non-fully guaranteed $8.2M number needs to be addressed first. Plus the 17th pick counts as a cap hold against the cap unless traded on draft day.
In fact here is a link with numbers for cap holds for Dallas.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/mavericks.jsp

Terry is $16.737M
Kidd is over $15.181M

It looks like Vince Carter has salaries through 2013-2014 season but are not guaranteed.

With cap holds(over $40.9M) there payroll is over $95.415M
Who's the 4th best white american of all time after Bird, Stockton, and West? Is there just a MASSIVE dropoff after them?
Originally posted by andes14:
Who's the 4th best white american of all time after Bird, Stockton, and West? Is there just a MASSIVE dropoff after them?

Oh oh I know this one. Kurt Thomas?

Pistol Pete, dirk, Mikan, Cousy , Havlicek, And Reggie Miller don't agree. Maybe Karl Malone also.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Why can't you grow up?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Why can't you grow up?

Jimmer?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Pistol Pete, dirk, Mikan, Cousy , Havlicek, And Reggie Miller don't agree. Maybe Karl Malone also.

Dirk's not American...I thought of Cousy, Havlicek, McHale after I posted...I guess mostly Celtics lol