There are 189 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by valrod33:
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!

Really, thats all they could get?

That pretty much sucks for everyone but the Lakers. Seeing as how the NBA owns NO, I fully expect them to set the Lakers up favorably in any scenario. It's good for business.

MY friend who is a Lakers fan called me earlier and was saying jokingly that David Stearn is gonna make this deal happen, The NBA coming off the lockout needs some hype and what better way then to have the Lakers get Paul and Howard this season.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Amir:
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Hornets cooling on idea of Boston needing involvement of 3rd team, considering package of Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green and picks for Chris Paul.

Now thats the deal I would do if I were the Hornets

agreed. That or the Nets. But why would Bos make that deal if Paul won't sign an extension?
One last championship run. I think Allen and Garnetts contracts are up after this year and them dudes are OTB.

Yeah, I get that. But if you don't win then allen/garnett retire and Paul leaves. If you keep rondo and Green, you can still make a formidable run and if they don't win, they still have those two young guys.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
LarryCoon Larry Coon

One more downside to Clips/Butler -- takes away cap room Clips could use to make imbalanced trade. IE, diminishes their trade offers.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

Heat in a tough spot financially but sources say the team is hoping that if amnestied Billups will push to play in Miami.
Originally posted by Jcool:
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

Heat in a tough spot financially but sources say the team is hoping that if amnestied Billups will push to play in Miami.

Billups
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Large person
Billups
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Large person

lmfao
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sorry I don't believe this Lakers b******t. No way the Hornets setlte for Martin and Scola
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:
Sorry I don't believe this Lakers b******t. No way the Hornets setlte for Martin and Scola

This trade would suck for NO. There are waaay better trades out there to be made for CP.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened though. The NBA loves the Lakers and all big market teams.
Originally posted by crzy:

If the Celtics offer is true they'd be dumb to pass that up in favor or the Martin, Scola deal
I hate this trade idea. We are gonna trade both Scola and Martin, while they arent all stars they are damn good, then trading that NY Pick we got in the McGrady deal. Then talking about Budinger, Patterson, Hill and maybe 1st rd pick Marcus Morris.

Why should we help the Lakers get Paul.

If the Celtics offer is true they'd be dumb to pass that up in favor or the Martin, Scola deal

Well NO is owned by the NBA right now. Makes perfect sense to me why they would do this
The Hornets are expressing trepidation to those talking to them about three-team framework with Lakers and Rockets, league sources say.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Warriors need to jump in and facilitate and get Pau Gasol.

Monta is better than Kevin Martin and Scola.
The Hornets are near a deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, league source tells Y! Sports
The Hornets have started to inform teams that they're sending Chris Paul to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Share 49ersWebzone