There are 197 users in the forums

2011 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Another W
Originally posted by jrg:
Defense is part of baseball, too.

Sure, but Posey is still an above average defensive catcher, and hes been decidedly better offensively than Molina. If Posey was a defensive liability id say Molina has a shot, but hes been fantastic behind the plate this year. He has the fewest passed balls among all catchers this year, and his catcher ERA is better.

The Giants have one of the worst staffs in baseball when it comes to holding runners on, so Posey's low (ish) CS% shouldnt be used against him. Teams run on our pitchers all day, and theres not always a whole lot Posey can do about the jumps they get. All that said, he is leading baseball in runners thrown out.

imo its all pretty close between Posey, Braun, McCutchen, and Molina, but with Braun likely being ignored due to the PED's, McCutchen fading down the stretch with his team, and Molina not having the offense numbers that quite match Posey, I think its just about locked up.

Theres just too many AP voting factors that fall in Posey's favor. He plays for a division winning team, he plays the hardest position, he came back from a devastating injury, and hes finishing the year strong when all the voters are looking. It helps that his main competition both play for teams that faded and didnt make the playoffs.
btw jrg, its coming down the wire in my fantasy championship, but if I do end up winning, id probably have to give my team co-MVP awards to Lance Lynn and Jaime Garcia for their last couple starts. They stepped it up big time when it mattered, unlike that douchebag Edwin Jackson...
one out away son,
Say thanks James.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Say thanks James.

Haha thank you!
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Lineup tonight

Chambers LF
Robinson CF
Schumaker RF
Carpenter 3B
Cruz C
Anderson1B
Jackson 2B
Kozma SS
Miller P
The West is taking it all this year!!!

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Carlos Beltran is going to make the Giants pay.

You guys aren't doing s**t without Roid Rage that left for the angels.

• jrg
  • Veteran

You guys aren't doing s**t without Roid Rage that left for the angels.

Riiiiiiight. That's what I've heard all year
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Season rests in this mans hands..

• jrg
  • Veteran
Will be a Top-5 MLB pitcher soon.

Somebody bet me
Will be a Top-5 MLB pitcher soon.

Somebody bet me

Ill take that bet. Top 5 is hard. I've been thinking MadBum is gonna do it, then a few bad start or two f**ks it up.

Top 5 out of all of baseball... Lots of talent.
Rooting for the Cards tomorrow solely due to the tomahawk chop
Share 49ersWebzone