1) It really is amazing how similar these offenses are. 7 Linemen sets. 3 TE sets. 7 Linemen, 2 TE sets. Crazy. Motion all over the place.
2) To all the "Alex Smith is only throwing for 125 yards" critics. Andrew Luck....16-21 169 yards and 2 TDs. How did they win by so much? They RAN for 400+ yards For all of the attention Luck gets, Stanford is a RUNNING team. Just ask Toby Gerhart.
3) I think the Niners will be looking at TE Coby Fleener in the draft next year.
4) I really like Andrew Luck, but part of me wonders if he is a product of his system and that he isn't the can't miss prospect he is billed to be. It seems to me that Harbaugh is the QB Whisperer and ALL of his QBs perform.
5) It also seems that Harbaugh is treating Kaepernick the same way he treated Luck. Harbaugh redshirted Luck his first year. Even if Smith struggles, I'd be really surprised to see Kaep start a game this year.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM ]