There are 227 users in the forums

2011 MLB All Star Thread (AS Game, HR Derby, etc)

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't think this game could have worked out better from the perspective of the Giants. Two innings each of additional work for Halladay and Lee, RBI double for Panda, two out save for Wilson and our starters rest . . . not to mention the potential for home field advantage.

Perfect . . .

Yep. I would have liked Vogelsong to get an inning but other than that it was perfect.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I don't think this game could have worked out better from the perspective of the Giants. Two innings each of additional work for Halladay and Lee, RBI double for Panda, two out save for Wilson and our starters rest . . . not to mention the potential for home field advantage.

Perfect . . .

Yep. I would have liked Vogelsong to get an inning but other than that it was perfect.

oh s**t I forgot about Vogelsong.......that sucks.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Perfect . . .

oh s**t I forgot about Vogelsong.......that sucks.

oh well, I guarantee being there was MORE than enough for him.
This is AN AWESOME TIME TO BE A GIANTS FAN!

Our coach is the damn ALL STAR GAME MVP COACH.

Our saver is legit.

If we had bats and/or speed, blowouts like 5 -1 would come daily with our pitching.

It just feels good to see my teams' coach being a badass and winning the all star game.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Our saver is legit.

If we had bats and/or speed, blowouts like 5 -1 would come daily with our pitching.

It just feels good to see my teams' coach being a badass and winning the all star game.

They are called Managers in baseball.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Our saver is legit.

They are called Managers in baseball.

and a closer
Yeah 2 innings in the all star game is really gonna wear down halladay and lee. LOL
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yeah 2 innings in the all star game is really gonna wear down halladay and lee. LOL

lol forreal
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

lol forreal

Yeah, that's what I meant . . . Just sayin, They fly cross country for the game, pitch two innings each, then fly back across country. The Giants starters had a quick flight to AZ, didn't do squat in the game, then had a quick hop to San Diego. It could very well have a short term impact on Halladay and Lee, but in the long run of course it won't make a difference.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

lol forreal

Yeah, that's what I meant . . . Just sayin, They fly cross country for the game, pitch two innings each, then fly back across country. The Giants starters had a quick flight to AZ, didn't do squat in the game, then had a quick hop to San Diego. It could very well have a short term impact on Halladay and Lee, but in the long run of course it won't make a difference.

They are considering moving the game to weds now which will alleviate the missed sunday pitchers and provide more rest. But the Giants were lucky to get the rest.

boch
pablo
wilson

and heath bell is a fool lol.. watching panda's reaction when he did the pop up slide was priceless
Bochy totally pwns Washington.
Joe Buck is recoving from a vocal cord tear or something like that. That added to the suckage last night.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Joe Buck is recoving from a vocal cord tear or something like that. That added to the suckage last night.

I was wondering what was up with him. He was really boring to listen to.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
He was being ripped on KNBR this morning about how bad he is.
Share 49ersWebzone