LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Yao Ming Retires

Heard this early, As a rocket fan, I am sad and happy at the same time.

Im sad because he was a good/great player in such a sort time. He was an elite Center. Happy cause now he doesnt have to worry about injury, and now we may move on, and now will have some cap space whenever the lockout is over, lol sound familiar. lol
You had a great career Yao

How does he stack up against the Rocket Center greats, Olajuwon, Malone, and Sampson
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
You had a great career Yao

How does he stack up against the Rocket Center greats, Olajuwon, Malone, and Sampson
He doesn't he was kind of his own category at center.

Olajuon was awesome though, I just remember how he was really dominant for a few years there. And you can see how good he was, by the fact taht he taught dwight howard some moves, and dwight drastically improved.
I'm sad to see him go. He was a good ballplayer. When healthy he was good. He just had a lot of unfortunate injuries. I never like to see a guy get taken out by injuries.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm sad to see him go. He was a good ballplayer. When healthy he was good. He just had a lot of unfortunate injuries. I never like to see a guy get taken out by injuries.

it's what happens when you're a genetic anomaly. it also didnt help that his government marched him around to play for his country at any global basketball game
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

it's what happens when you're a genetic anomaly. it also didnt help that his government marched him around to play for his country at any global basketball game

There certainly could be some genetics involved and the super amount of growth he had. Sometimes the bones and joints aren't as sturdy in that case. Not to mention that huge frame put an unusual amount of pressure on the bones and joints. Much more than most human beings have.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 9, 2011 at 1:46 AM ]
SportsCenter was asking if he's a HOF'er.

He was selected to 8 ASGs thanks (partially) to an entire continent's ceaseless internet ballot-stuffing. And was never 1st team All NBA. (twice 2nd Team All NBA).
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Jul 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Two years after his legs retired.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

He was selected to 8 ASGs thanks (partially) to an entire continent's ceaseless internet ballot-stuffing. And was never 1st team All NBA. (twice 2nd Team All NBA).

The argument for Yao is more about what he did as a global ambassador for the game.

Originally posted by Leathaface:

The argument for Yao is more about what he did as a global ambassador for the game.

yes, his contribution to the game of basketball extended past the court
Maybe the Rockets will go after Dalembert or Greg Oden?
peace out yao

Not even close.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Maybe the Rockets will go after Dalembert or Greg Oden?

Dalembert maybe, but I don't see them pursuing Yao 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone