Fan dies after fall from Texas Rangers Ballpark stands

man that's horrible..
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the a's broadcasters sound like dips**ts......RIP

dude.. thats what I have to watch every single game

hands down worst broadcasters in the MLB. theyre terrible

I hate the white sox, rockies and giants announcers oh and vin scully is f**kin boring and old, i hate him too

That's hillarious given that you love the Braves and they have historically have had some of the biggest homers in the business. Vin Scully is old but is still good. Hell anyone who broadcast games when Jackie Robinson played and can tell stories about that still is worth listening to. The Giants have GREAT announcers. Jon Miller and Duane Kuiper in particular are top notch announcers.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I hate the white sox, rockies and giants announcers oh and vin scully is f**kin boring and old, i hate him too

That's hillarious given that you love the Braves and they have historically have had some of the biggest homers in the business. Vin Scully is old but is still good. Hell anyone who broadcast games when Jackie Robinson played and can tell stories about that still is worth listening to. The Giants have GREAT announcers. Jon Miller and Duane Kuiper in particular are top notch announcers.

Lol, John...you always call everybody else homers and then praise the Giants. It's very well...ironic at times.

Yeah the white sox are pretty bad too.
The Giants used to be terrible but I think theyve gotten better

The A's announcers are garbage though

the only guy from the Braves broadcast is Jim Powell but he only does Radio, he came over from the Brewers a couple years ago. I get them mixed up but either Don Sutton or Joe Simpson is huge homer, i hate listening to homer announcers.

Thats the main reason i hate the rockies announcers. this past weekend their catcher made a nice stop on pitch in the dirt and the whold inning they talked about how skilled he was and replayed the damn thing over and over just talking about how great of play it was.

McCann made the exact same play the next inning and it was pure luck in their view.

Never said Braves announcers were better, i can tolerate them more than those others i mentioned

the only guy from the Braves broadcast i like is Jim Powell but he only does Radio, he came over from the Brewers a couple years ago. I get them mixed up but either Don Sutton or Joe Simpson is huge homer, i hate listening to homer announcers.

Thats the main reason i hate the rockies announcers. this past weekend their catcher made a nice stop on pitch in the dirt and the whold inning they talked about how skilled he was and replayed the damn thing over and over just talking about how great of play it was.

McCann made the exact same play the next inning and it was pure luck in their view.

i also cant stand to listen to any of the Careys.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
Always liked the Braves announcers [shrug] I miss when every single game used to be on TBS in the 90's
Originally posted by jrg:

Lol, John...you always call everybody else homers and then praise the Giants. It's very well...ironic at times.

I praised 3 people. Jon Miller and Vin Scully are Hall of Fame announcers and Vinny is from the hated Dodgers. I guess I must not be alone when I say they are great. I like Kuiper a lot. His homerun call is awesome. Not huge on Krukow or Fleming which is why I didnt mention them.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Always liked the Braves announcers [shrug] I miss when every single game used to be on TBS in the 90's

This, Skip(R.I.P) and Chip Carey are morons though, cant stand them
Originally posted by jrg:

its definitely not homerism to say the Giants have a great announcing team. they DO. Krukow and Kuiper are SEVEN time Emmy award winners for their baseball broadcast. and Jon Miller is a baseball Hall of Famer.

Krukow and Kuiper give you a great perspective on watching a game. they explain every detail inside and out of whats going on in a game, and why. they give you the players and coaches perspective to whats going on. theyre both classy and respected guys who have been doing a fantastic job for 20 years. when the other team does something great, they call it like people who love seeing great baseball, not like Hawk Harrelson who gets all upset and blames the ump somehow.

you can call the Giants fans homers for saying our announcers are great, but when you have a HOFer and a 7 time Emmy award winning duo, were obviously not the only ones who think so.
That's not good. RIP.
I tend to be in the minority on this, but when guys die of a heart attack, I mostly think of what the circumstances were as mostly unrelated.

I guess what I am saying is, heart disease is the biggest killer of man; chances are he was going to have a heart attack in his next stressful situation anyway.

i also cant stand to listen to any of the Careys.

White Sox have the worst announcers in the game by far. Hawk belittles every player like he was better than them.
Another article on ESPN.com -

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6749966

Damn, this is heartbreaking.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

that poor kids probably traumatized

He says Jenny Stone told him that "she's very concerned about her son and the impact that this is having on him."

"Hearing the little boy screaming for his daddy and being home with my kids really hit home last night," he said Friday.

Stone's mother, Suzann, told The Associated Press her son had gone to the ballpark in hopes of catching a ball. Suzann Stone said Friday that Shannon Stone and his son had even stopped on the way to Arlington on Thursday to buy Cooper a new glove.

"That's what they were there for was to catch a ball," the 63-year-old mother and grandmother said Friday, choking back sobs. "Cooper loves baseball and he's a big Josh Hamilton fan. Had his jersey."

[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

that poor kids probably traumatized

He says Jenny Stone told him that "she's very concerned about her son and the impact that this is having on him."

"Hearing the little boy screaming for his daddy and being home with my kids really hit home last night," he said Friday.

Stone's mother, Suzann, told The Associated Press her son had gone to the ballpark in hopes of catching a ball. Suzann Stone said Friday that Shannon Stone and his son had even stopped on the way to Arlington on Thursday to buy Cooper a new glove.

"That's what they were there for was to catch a ball," the 63-year-old mother and grandmother said Friday, choking back sobs. "Cooper loves baseball and he's a big Josh Hamilton fan. Had his jersey."

why is the mom telling basically telling everyone his dad was trying to get him a ball. now the kid could hear about this and think its partially his fault.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home