LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Dirk defeats "Ghetto basketball". German press... racist?

No wonder they aren't culturally sensitive.

German Chancellor Calls Multicultural Experiment a Failure
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
''Dirk defeated zee negra ball.''

lulz two times
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's German press, who cares
i guess MJ was ghetto to these numbskulls.
You guys are overreacting. You are looking at 1 paper and 1 writer and projecting it onto all of Germany.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You guys are overreacting. You are looking at 1 paper and 1 writer and projecting it onto all of Germany.

true. good check sd49'r. it could be a paper like "the enquirer" (sp) for all i know. but that ish is still highly inflammatory. is it not?
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

true. good check sd49'r. it could be a paper like "the enquirer" (sp) for all i know. but that ish is still highly inflammatory. is it not?

Probably. But there are a lot of different rag papers here too. It could be like the enquirer for all we know. We don't know if it's mainstream.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I think its just a case of a German reporter being out of touch what's going on in America. I think he's pretty much assuming that if there was no dress code in the NBA players would still be wearing bagging jeans, jerseys, big baseball caps (basically what was in fashion between 2000-2005, and when street ball was probably getting its most publicity in the main stream ever.

I could be wrong, I feel weird trying to justify this, but my best bet it was just an out of touch reporter.

double post - but whatever.

i think out of touch is appropriate, but man... this is WAY out of touch.

Think about it? He is spot on, but it is considered racist or whatever to state the obvious. As a whole professional athletes of any color have more money than brains, since they used athletic ability to earn a million dollars plus a year. Same with rock stars and rappers, most don't have the intelligence of other people that earn the big bank. You don't see the average multi-millionaire running around with a gazillion tattoos and body piercings, no matter what color they are, I think that is what the writer could be alluding to.

Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I think its just a case of a German reporter being out of touch what's going on in America. I think he's pretty much assuming that if there was no dress code in the NBA players would still be wearing bagging jeans, jerseys, big baseball caps (basically what was in fashion between 2000-2005, and when street ball was probably getting its most publicity in the main stream ever.

I could be wrong, I feel weird trying to justify this, but my best bet it was just an out of touch reporter.

double post - but whatever.

i think out of touch is appropriate, but man... this is WAY out of touch.

Think about it? He is spot on, but it is considered racist or whatever to state the obvious. As a whole professional athletes of any color have more money than brains, since they used athletic ability to earn a million dollars plus a year. Same with rock stars and rappers, most don't have the intelligence of other people that earn the big bank. You don't see the average multi-millionaire running around with a gazillion tattoos and body piercings, no matter what color they are, I think that is what the writer could be alluding to.

I'm gonna bet that you are old, possibly over 60?
Meh...I think it can be offensive but it's not that big of a deal. It's not something to get worked up over. Who cares what they say? We will just kick their ass in the Olympics with our "Ghetto Basketball".

I do think people are being too sensitive. Check your estrogen levels and move on. Worst things have been said before.
oh noes!!! someone said something that might be considered offensive!!!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Bunch of racists.
We have a white finals mvp and a black president.

C C C C C C C C C COMBO BREAKER!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone