LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Messi, unharmed, has a punch thrown at him.

• VDSF
  • Veteran
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP)

Lionel Messi was unharmed when a youngster apparently threw a punch at him as he was leaving a restaurant in his home city of Rosario on Thursday.

The assailant was among a throng of people looking for autographs from the Barcelona star, a witness told Argentine TV. It was not clear if the punch landed, or what the intent was. Messi went on signing autographs.

''There was a crush of people waiting outside,'' Pablo Moyano, who was working in the restaurant, told Argentine TV. ''There were kids, reporters, photographers waiting ... and one of the kids tried to punch him. I don't know if he pulled it off. He went running afterward.''

Associated Press photographer Jose Granta, who was covering Messi on Thursday, said the youth raced off.

Other witnesses said the suspect was dressed in the uniform of a school a few streets away.

Messi tried to play down the incident on his Facebook page.

''To relax all those people that have asked us about the truth of the accident coming out of the restaurant, tell them I did not receive any blow from anyone. I'm perfectly OK,'' he wrote.

Link

UPDATE!:

[ Edited by VDSF on Jun 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM ]
This is newsworthy?
The punch did not land yet messi was seen on the ground yelling in pain for 5 minutes
Originally posted by valrod33:
The punch did not land yet messi was seen on the ground yelling in pain for 5 minutes

Wake me when Peyton Manning almost gets thrown up on by a toddler.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Sounds like a Derek Jeter move.
Who?
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Who?

Best player in Soccer right now , IMO....
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
Who?

whats a soccer?

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
Who?

whats a soccer?

silly rabbit, its the sport where flops were invented
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

That is hilarious, no one in the NBA can touch the average soccer players flopping skills.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

That is hilarious, no one in the NBA can touch the average soccer players flopping skills.

foul on d-rose against lebron in ecf was worthy of a soccer style flop
Share 49ersWebzone