The Soccer Thread 11/12

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Transfer rumors:

Wesley Sneijder could soon be moving from Inter to ManU
Bayern and ManCity agree on transfer fee - Boateng to Bayern
Alexis Sanchez to Barcelona is pretty much done (haven't we heard that b4)

also, supposedly tomorrow Beppe Rossi's agent, Federico Pastorello, is going to hand Juve's offer of 25 million euros plus a player of their choice from a list to Villareal. If that fails, Juve is just going to offer a little more cash. Also, Juventus have agreed to terms with Rossi, at 3.5 million euros per season.

All rumors. But hopefully they're true.

Juan Manuel Vargas, Diego Perrotti, and Michel Bastos are also being tipped to join Juventus. Although only one of those LW will come.

and Arturo Vidal wants to join Juventus.

Some solid moves for Juve. I wanted them to get Kun, but Rossi is a good consolation and is a lot cheaper. Hopefully, like you mentioned b4, Kun won't go to Real.

Also - some more rumors - Juventus has sounded out Barcelona on a transfer of Dutch attacker Ibrahim Afellay (25). Barcelona are unlikely to let him go.
I REALLY doubt Affellay leaves Barca.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I REALLY doubt Affellay leaves Barca.

Yea, they won't let him go. I believe what prompted Juve to ask for his availability is Sanchez and Pedro playin' the same position. I've heard that Barca will move Sanchez around though, and with Barca playing so many games this year - I believe Afellay will get plenty of minutes.

I still don't want Barca to get Fabregas, but I have no idea why Wenger wants to keep him. He is clearly not happy, his play last season was up and down - and part of the problem is, his team-mates don't think his mind is 100% with Arsenal.

Oh well, I hope he keeps him, so Barca can save the money and go after someone who will actually start on the team.
IMO, no player in the world except maybe CR7 can come onto the Barca team and be an immediate starter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
IMO, no player in the world except maybe CR7 can come onto the Barca team and be an immediate starter.

I believe opposite Alves is a spot wide-open. Also, remains to be seen how healthy Puyol is - so maybe a CB.

I like Pedro a lot, but there are better players in the World at that position, same can be said for Villa - though you can do only slightly better than Villa.

Mid-field is set though with Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets - which is why signing Fab is just an emotional decision, not a smart one. I understand them improving the bench, but don't do that with $40M player.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Looks like its complete

Quote:
Speaking with Spanish radio station RAC1 upon his arrival on Wednesday at Barcelona's El Prat airport, Pozzo stated that "the agreement with Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez is complete."

The Chilean, who has finished international duty with his country in the 2011 Copa America, is expected to join Barca's pre-season training camp once the deal is officially rubber-stamped.

The 22-year-old forward has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona from Italian club Udinese in recent months, with the deal reportedly costing the Spanish giants €27 million plus variables.

His success for both club and country has also drawn the attention of other major clubs across Europe in past seasons such as Manchester United, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

Sanchez played an important role in Udinese's campaign last season, scoring 12 goals in 27 appearances for the club in the league.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Corinthians backed off from signing Tevez, So he is still with Manchester City
Originally posted by VDSF:
Corinthians backed off from signing Tevez, So he is still with Manchester City

they didn't back off, they just couldn't reach an agreement before the Brazilian transfer market period came to a close.

in other news, Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus have agreed on a fee for the Chilean international Arutro Vidal.

Now, its time for Giuseppe Rossi and a left winger to come.
Transfer rumors:

also, supposedly tomorrow Beppe Rossi's agent, Federico Pastorello, is going to hand Juve's offer of 25 million euros plus a player of their choice from a list to Villareal. If that fails, Juve is just going to offer a little more cash. Also, Juventus have agreed to terms with Rossi, at 3.5 million euros per season.

Juan Manuel Vargas, Diego Perrotti, and Michel Bastos are also being tipped to join Juventus. Although only one of those LW will come.

Some solid moves for Juve. I wanted them to get Kun, but Rossi is a good consolation and is a lot cheaper. Hopefully, like you mentioned b4, Kun won't go to Real.

Also - some more rumors - Juventus has sounded out Barcelona on a transfer of Dutch attacker Ibrahim Afellay (25). Barcelona are unlikely to let him go.

No Rossi for Juve...

Thank goodness, he'd be rough to have to deal with for Milan, though I think our backline could handle it
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Transfer rumors:

No Rossi for Juve...

Thank goodness, he'd be rough to have to deal with for Milan, though I think our backline could handle it

ACTUALLY my dear crazy, his agent, Federico Pastorello has came out and said that this interview is from a few months back. I doubt an agent would undermine a client like that.

http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=282807

Transfer rumors:

No Rossi for Juve...

ACTUALLY my dear crazy, his agent, Federico Pastorello has came out and said that this interview is from a few months back. I doubt an agent would undermine a client like that.

http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=282807

Damn.....not looking forward to that next year
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Transfer rumors:

No Rossi for Juve...

You should be happy they are gettin' Rossi but not Kun. Had Tevez gone to Brazil, Kun would have likely ended up at ManCity.

What other clubs can Aguero go to? Athletico Madrid has said they won't trade him to Real. He has stated he wants to stay in Spain or go to England. I'm surprised Spurs aren't trying to get him, after failing to land a striker last year multiple times.
who's got the scoop on the mexican soccer league transfer rumors?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

the transfer market in Mexico has basically been closed for a few weeks now after the "draft." haha.
[ Edited by 1251alex on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:

the transfer market in Mexico has basically been closed for a few weeks now after the "draft." haha.

when does it open back up? what are the rumors? I'm hearing some Venezuelan guys may end up there that's why I ask
Share 49ersWebzone