There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 11/12

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Did anyone see what the US Women's team did in the World Cup against Brazil today. Was one of the craziest soccer matches I've ever seen

Highlights

What's not mentioned is the dive that one of the Brazalian players took to try to run time off of the clock. Instead, she added 3 minutes of extra time and the US scored the tying goal in that time. Basically cost her team the game.

I don't think anyone else is watching. I saw it. CRAZY game. Seriously, the first 120 minutes sucked. Terrible play, ridiculous officiating, poor coaching decisions. But the finish was legendary. It was pretty sweet to stick it to Brazil after all the BS they pull during a game.

i thought the whole game was pretty damn good....oh and alex morgan is super hot

Awesome game. Marta is crazy good, but that last second goal by Wambach was even better.
Both Giuseppe Rossi and Kun Aguero are close to Juve, although we will only sign one of the two.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Goal.com has Juve backing out on the race for Kun and going after Rossi. Either way it would get the old lady back on track on their old ways for sure.

If they end up, by some miracle, signing Nani and Meireles they will instantly become my favorite Serie A team.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Also, I had no idea that Corinthians had 35 million to spend on Teves Wonder if city will try and squeeze them for more.
Originally posted by NickV:
Goal.com has Juve backing out on the race for Kun and going after Rossi. Either way it would get the old lady back on track on their old ways for sure.

If they end up, by some miracle, signing Nani and Meireles they will instantly become my favorite Serie A team.

aww man, I really want Meireles. Liverpool is f**king up by showing him the door.
And its Japan vs the US in the Women's World Cup final

The US beat France 3-1, scoring two goals late in the game.

Japan stunned Sweden, beating them 3-1 as well.

Its going to be a great final.
Originally posted by linkboy:
And its Japan vs the US in the Women's World Cup final

The US beat France 3-1, scoring two goals late in the game.

Japan stunned Sweden, beating them 3-1 as well.

Its going to be a great final.

sweden had the hottest women...damn
Suprised women's world cup doesn't have it's own thread?

I gotta say though, watching women's world cup is far more tolerable than the flopping, bumbling cry babies in the men's world cup.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

I gotta say though, watching women's world cup is far more tolerable than the flopping, bumbling cry babies in the men's world cup.

Men's soccer diving is hella lame
Transfer rumors:

Wesley Sneijder could soon be moving from Inter to ManU
Bayern and ManCity agree on transfer fee - Boateng to Bayern
Alexis Sanchez to Barcelona is pretty much done (haven't we heard that b4)

The women are getting pretty good at it.

As for the final, Japan plays the best soccer in the tournament, IMO. They value the ball, every pass has a purpose, under control. Fun to watch, quite a contrast from pretty much every other team in the tourney. US has the firepower, but it's gonna be a tough challenge.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Transfer rumors:

Wesley Sneijder could soon be moving from Inter to ManU
Bayern and ManCity agree on transfer fee - Boateng to Bayern
Alexis Sanchez to Barcelona is pretty much done (haven't we heard that b4)

also, supposedly tomorrow Beppe Rossi's agent, Federico Pastorello, is going to hand Juve's offer of 25 million euros plus a player of their choice from a list to Villareal. If that fails, Juve is just going to offer a little more cash. Also, Juventus have agreed to terms with Rossi, at 3.5 million euros per season.

All rumors. But hopefully they're true.

Juan Manuel Vargas, Diego Perrotti, and Michel Bastos are also being tipped to join Juventus. Although only one of those LW will come.

and Arturo Vidal wants to join Juventus.

i agree the flopping is done way more in mens soccer....but did you see the brazilian chick at the end of the usa game? that was ridiculous
Go Japan Go