There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• VDSF
  • Veteran
Golazo!

[ Edited by VDSF on Jul 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM ]
I sincerely hope Wenger isn't done this off-season. We need to win some trophies, can't afford to lose Nasri at the end of the year. IMO he's the future of Arsenal, he will take over that AMC role once Fabregas is gone.

btw, where is dman?
Both Nasri and Cesc are gone.

30 million euros for Coentrao...ridiculous. haha.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Both Nasri and Cesc are gone.

30 million euros for Coentrao...ridiculous. haha.

Cesc yes but I hope Nasri stays. Coentrao is a stud but no left-back is worth that much imo. That means another 5-10 youngsters for Benfica though
Imo, Nasri is moving to ManCity, Juve, or Inter.

Wow, WTF has happened with Arsenal? I thought they were up-and-coming with young talent, now they can't even hold on to their premiere players? Can anyone fill me in on this?

I mean, I knew Cesc was leaving and I expected the fire sale to be more on Tottenham since they lost out on the Champions League, but didn't Arsenal qualify for Champions? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them suck and fail constantly, but just can't comprehend why they're losing EVERYONE
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Wow, WTF has happened with Arsenal? I thought they were up-and-coming with young talent, now they can't even hold on to their premiere players? Can anyone fill me in on this?

I mean, I knew Cesc was leaving and I expected the fire sale to be more on Tottenham since they lost out on the Champions League, but didn't Arsenal qualify for Champions? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them suck and fail constantly, but just can't comprehend why they're losing EVERYONE

the stars who are growing up are trophy hungry and they don't want to wait any longer.

He'll stay one more year and give Wenger an ultimatum imo. Hopefully if he moves it's somewhere other than the Premier League, I'd hate to play him twice a year in the league.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

He'll stay one more year and give Wenger an ultimatum imo. Hopefully if he moves it's somewhere other than the Premier League, I'd hate to play him twice a year in the league.

Wenger said he'll sell him overseas. But still, if ManCity comes calling with a lucrative offer, whos Wenger to say no? haha.
ladies and gentlemen...we have two back to back golden generations!

Mexico 2011 FIFA U-17 World Champions!!!!!
Did anyone see what the US Women's team did in the World Cup against Brazil today. Was one of the craziest soccer matches I've ever seen

Highlights

What's not mentioned is the dive that one of the Brazalian players took to try to run time off of the clock. Instead, she added 3 minutes of extra time and the US scored the tying goal in that time. Basically cost her team the game.
ladies and gentlemen...we have two back to back golden generations!

Mexico 2011 FIFA U-17 World Champions!!!!!

still trying to have your previous golden generation make it happen with the big boys, I hope that core brings it in 2014 and see what they can do
Originally posted by linkboy:
Did anyone see what the US Women's team did in the World Cup against Brazil today. Was one of the craziest soccer matches I've ever seen

Highlights

What's not mentioned is the dive that one of the Brazalian players took to try to run time off of the clock. Instead, she added 3 minutes of extra time and the US scored the tying goal in that time. Basically cost her team the game.

I don't think anyone else is watching. I saw it. CRAZY game. Seriously, the first 120 minutes sucked. Terrible play, ridiculous officiating, poor coaching decisions. But the finish was legendary. It was pretty sweet to stick it to Brazil after all the BS they pull during a game.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Highlights

I don't think anyone else is watching. I saw it. CRAZY game. Seriously, the first 120 minutes sucked. Terrible play, ridiculous officiating, poor coaching decisions. But the finish was legendary. It was pretty sweet to stick it to Brazil after all the BS they pull during a game.

lulz.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Highlights

i thought the whole game was pretty damn good....oh and alex morgan is super hot