There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• NickV
  • Veteran
THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS BENFICA BEATING SPORTING ON MONDAY TO STAY ONE POINT BEHIND PORTO

In other news Stefano Mauri scored the goal of the week vs Napoli

Originally posted by NickV:
THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS BENFICA BEATING SPORTING ON MONDAY TO STAY ONE POINT BEHIND PORTO

In other news Stefano Mauri scored the goal of the week vs Napoli

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Valencia draws Real Madrid...!!!!!!!!!!

Lead down to 4...La Liga is alive!!!
ugh... great game doe... minus the result. no need to trim my nails for a while.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
ugh... great game doe... minus the result. no need to trim my nails for a while.

excellent game. Valencia should have scored couple times in the first 60 minutes, and Real should have scored couple times near the end of regulation. Valencia hitting the post twice...that saved the game for Real.

Real is still ahead by 4...so it's still in their hands, but now they will feel the pressure. Real relaxed after up by 10...and that's coming to bite them in the ass. They still got time to regroup.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

excellent game. Valencia should have scored couple times in the first 60 minutes, and Real should have scored couple times near the end of regulation. Valencia hitting the post twice...that saved the game for Real.

Real is still ahead by 4...so it's still in their hands, but now they will feel the pressure. Real relaxed after up by 10...and that's coming to bite them in the ass. They still got time to regroup.

We better regroup. We got a tough stretch ahead. Atletico, Bayern, Barca, Bayern, Sevilla... things will be interesting, that's for sure.
LOL @ Man City and balotelli hahaha
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

We better regroup. We got a tough stretch ahead. Atletico, Bayern, Barca, Bayern, Sevilla... things will be interesting, that's for sure.

Tough stretch...but Barca has a tough one too - and I don't expect them to win 'em all. Love the fact that Real will play at Camp Nou in between their CL clash with Bayern.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49blitz:

What an idiot...all that talent and no brains. The guy will never come close to fulfilling his potential.

What an idiot...all that talent and no brains. The guy will never come close to fulfilling his potential.

btw, city have spent over 200 million on strikers over the years. one of them is considered very good (aguero)

united spent around 10 million on 2 strikers (welbeck and chicharito). both of them are very good
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

btw, city have spent over 200 million on strikers over the years. one of them is considered very good (aguero)

united spent around 10 million on 2 strikers (welbeck and chicharito). both of them are very good

Yea, ManCity went crazy with some of these signings. I don't know what they were thinking. I was really hoping they'd overpay for Ibra couple years back - but b*****ds decided to go with younger players. I don't have a problem with them spending, but they fail to spend wisely. They have an over-crowded mid-field too - with too many players with similar quality. Silva is great, Nasri is pretty good but everyone else is over-rated or not utilized correctly.

ManU spends wisely when it comes to getting the right players. They also do a great job of selling them when the price is at the peak.

Tough stretch...but Barca has a tough one too - and I don't expect them to win 'em all. Love the fact that Real will play at Camp Nou in between their CL clash with Bayern.

I think we have it tougher though. But that's football sometimes.. ain't much to do but enjoy the ride.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think we have it tougher though. But that's football sometimes.. ain't much to do but enjoy the ride.

Real should still win la liga. They have to win at atletico and at bilbao - not easy games but not hard either. They should be able to do that. I'm praying for a draw tonight...but I highly highly doubt it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • SoCold
  • Veteran