There are 186 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

I have never seen a pull of the jersey get a penalty before in the box. Boo
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
ghost penalties.

haven't watched it, but I've heard arguments for both sides

gif speaks for itself. disgusting. I hate Milan as much as the next guy, but cmon. someone either wanted Italian teams out or really wanted Barca to go through. two highly questionable Pks awarded to Barca. whatevs though. Karma was a b***h to Milan. so many ghost penalties awarded to them in Serie A too this season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

gif speaks for itself. disgusting. I hate Milan as much as the next guy, but cmon. someone either wanted Italian teams out or really wanted Barca to go through. two highly questionable Pks awarded to Barca. whatevs though. Karma was a b***h to Milan. so many ghost penalties awarded to them in Serie A too this season.

It was a 50-50 call at best, and usually in a game that big - penalty is not awarded there but then again, the refs missed a clear penalty in the first leg, if not two. These things happen. Milan had 3 shots at goal all game, and Barca had 20+ - and most of the time, luck favors the brave. People talk about refs favoring Barca, but calls even out. I don't think even Antonini will question the first penalty.

Originally posted by babyshaq90:
I have never seen a pull of the jersey get a penalty before in the box. Boo

But it's not that uncommon...and according to the rules - it is supposed to be one.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Guardiola (Barca): "Penalty? Two clear penalties weren't give to us at San Siro and we didn't say anything."

Twitter - Rio Ferdinand (Man United): "The ref has followed the rules there...shirt pull = foul."

Ambrosini (Milan): "2nd Penalty? Ref was courageous, problem is different interpretations of rules. We played our cards, Barça are the best"

It was a 50-50 call. The ref could have decided not to award the penalty on the shirt pull and that decision would have been in favor of Milan. He gave the decision to the home team, just like Milan got the call in their favor in the first leg when Puyol was clearly pulled back by his jersey on a corner.

Guardiola: "Zlatan whining? I can't talk about his performance, that's up to his coach. I could talk about his games against Inter in 2010."

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM ]
lololololol. f**k the Gypsy! big game choker.

Nesta is on Biscuits, Puyol blatantly pushes Nesta WHILE tripping his own teammate. Penalty for Barca. yeah. makes perfect sense. Not to mention how Biscuits is grabbing Nesta's shirt as well while going down.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I have never felt so upbeat and satisfied about a Benfica defeat like I do tonight. The best team certainly went out, and 3-1 to Chelsea overall is quite frankly, a joke. To put it lightly. Every single break went Chelsea's way in both legs, particularly tonight.

We didn't have a single center back to choose from, had a left back and midfielder taking up the positions, we were down to 10 men for most of the match, yet we utterly outplayed them on their own turf, even with a man less. I loved it really, we go out with our heads held high, and there is no question we were better then them over the 2 legs. With a little more luck it would've been us in the semis.

Only bright side out of this is we get to focus solely on winning the Portuguese league. A match with Barca in the middle of all that would have been very draining. Especially since we are going through a tough injury stretch at the moment.

I'm so proud to be a Benfiquista....we will be back with a full healthy squad next season.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
That being said I want to see a El Classico CL final.

Bayern haven't played anyone and Chelsea are lucky to be there lol

To top it all off, Real and Barca have been the two best teams in the world by a mile this year. So they deserve to play against one another on the biggest stage in club footy.
What a f**king bad-ass!

Beaut!

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theGOAT:
What a f**king bad-ass!

Lol I saw that

I thought only hockey players yanked out their own teeth

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I think Pep answered the whole bs about refs helping Barca -

Pep: "If in the quarterfinals against Milan there were 4 penalties against us … but only 2 were called … of the 2, 1 was clear … the other less clear but it still is one … and the 2 that they didn't call were super clear … WHERE DO YOU SEE THIS 'LITTLE HELP'!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol @ Milan...go Juve!

Messi with 2 goals and a beautiful assist to Pedro. Messi should have had a hat-trick though. He has scored 60 goals this season in all competition - this is fukin' ridiculous.

A lot of my fellow Barca fans are taking Chelsea lightly. I think they are wrong. Chelsea has done a great job recently of scoring on the few chances they're getting. Torres is looking great the last few games - and Drogba and Mata are pretty dangerous. Barca has to score an away goal in the first leg.

Real and Bayern is going to be epic IMO. Real better watch out.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
lol @ Milan...go Juve!

Messi with 2 goals and a beautiful assist to Pedro. Messi should have had a hat-trick though. He has scored 60 goals this season in all competition - this is fukin' ridiculous.

A lot of my fellow Barca fans are taking Chelsea lightly. I think they are wrong. Chelsea has done a great job recently of scoring on the few chances they're getting. Torres is looking great the last few games - and Drogba and Mata are pretty dangerous. Barca has to score an away goal in the first leg.

...you already beat us in Champions (fair and square, we got our luck @ San Siro, wasn't expecting to win @ Camp Nou), no need to start rooting for some second rate club in Juve who thinks they can even compete with the likes of Milan
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
lol @ Milan...go Juve!

...you already beat us in Champions (fair and square, we got our luck @ San Siro, wasn't expecting to win @ Camp Nou), no need to start rooting for some second rate club in Juve who thinks they can even compete with the likes of Milan

Fair enough. To be very honest, I don't dislike Milan - it's just Ibra. I liked Ibra even after he left Barca - and was actually happy he went to Milan - but now he is just annoying with all his whining. He sounds like Mourinho. To Milan's credit, none of the other players are b***hing about the ref - they know that they got away with couple of calls at San Siro and they got a tough one at Nou...so it happens - but you're right - I shouldn't be hating on Milan because of one douche - but seriously Ibra needs to shut up and play.

I have mad respect for other players on Milan's roster (and the manager) so this is the last time I'll root against them.

Anyway, I really really hope Valencia can do some damage to Real.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

second rate? I believe its Milan who is in Second place. no? You guys faced us 4 times this year and came out empty handed after each match, no? We eliminated you guys from the Coppa Italia didnt we?

Juve is going to take Europe by storm next year all thanks to this man who has put us back up where we belong. I am forever grateful. Forza Conte. Forza Juve!

and heres some images for you Crazy:
I hear Milan's working on a new revamped logo for next season.

Share 49ersWebzone