LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

Originally posted by 49blitz:
Originally posted by theGOAT:
any man u fans here?

i'm a bit of a man u fan mainly because of chicharito but mainly a real madrid fan

to me, i dont like how real madrid tend to buy their way to titles. i like teams like man u, arsenal, and barca. they buy, but the majority of their talent comes from their academies. it makes them better tactics wise.

to me, real madrid is a glorified version of manchester city
They buy talent cuz they can afford to. Man U. and all those teams would do the same if they had the dough to spend. It's not the reason I picked Real Madrid doe, they were the team that caught my eye when I started following the sport as an impressionable kid when El Fenomeno was there, so.. whatever they choose to do with their profits doesn't bother me as long as it's not counterproductive.

Also my dad was a lifetime fan because he was involved with Pumas in his youth (Hugo Sanchez' Mexican team) so it's cool that we at least have 1 team in common.
[ Edited by theGOAT on Mar 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM ]
any man u fans here?

i'm a bit of a man u fan mainly because of chicharito but mainly a real madrid fan

to me, i dont like how real madrid tend to buy their way to titles. i like teams like man u, arsenal, and barca. they buy, but the majority of their talent comes from their academies. it makes them better tactics wise.

They buy talent cuz they can afford to. Man U. and all those teams would do the same if they had the dough to spend. It's not the reason I picked Real Madrid doe, they were the team that caught my eye when I started following the sport as an impressionable kid when El Fenomeno was there, so.. whatever they choose to do with their profits doesn't bother me as long as it's not counterproductive.

Also my dad was a lifetime fan because he was involved with Pumas in his youth (Hugo Sanchez' Mexican team) so it's cool that we at least have 1 team in common.

thats cool. btw those teams do have money to spend. maybe except arsenal...
any man u fans here?

thats cool. btw those teams do have money to spend. maybe except arsenal...

that's true, just not as much.. haha
meanwhile...

Mario Balotelli entered into Press Conference where new Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni was being introduced. Balotelli shook hands with the board and left

[ Edited by 49blitz on Mar 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca vs. Milan tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's gonna be a good one. I expect it to be a tie, 1-1
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
any man u fans here?

I hate Real Madrid, but not because they spend money. A great owner owes it to his fan base to go out and get the best players he can to put the team in position to win as many trophies as possible. Nothing wrong with that, and the rules permit that.

But yes, I love the fact that Barca has so many home-grown players starting in their 11 week in and week out and still be the best team today. That is the only reason why they can play that style of football - because they teach the players the importance of team since they were kids.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
any man u fans here?

I hate Real Madrid, but not because they spend money. A great owner owes it to his fan base to go out and get the best players he can to put the team in position to win as many trophies as possible. Nothing wrong with that, and the rules permit that.

But yes, I love the fact that Barca has so many home-grown players starting in their 11 week in and week out and still be the best team today. That is the only reason why they can play that style of football - because they teach the players the importance of team since they were kids.

exactly. at teams like barca, bilbao, arsenal and man u, things are simply the right way. they focus on their academies and spend to improve it so as to reflect the team's tactics. this way, they may not be as talented or deep in depth as real madrid, but they are superior tactically. these days, tactics > talent
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
any man u fans here?

exactly. at teams like barca, bilbao, arsenal and man u, things are simply the right way. they focus on their academies and spend to improve it so as to reflect the team's tactics. this way, they may not be as talented or deep in depth as real madrid, but they are superior tactically. these days, tactics > talent

I agree to a certain point. Barca is the better team even though Real is going to win the La Liga and are already in the semis of Champions League. So, they are doing all right. I believe Real's current roster is the most talented roster ever assembled from top to bottom. Their bench can form a team and qualify for Champions League imo.

And, to be honest, it doesn't really matter if you build it through the academy or through transfer period. I have no issues with Barca going out and spending money and bringing in new players and they should as long as they fit in their system. But, their youth academy is so far ahead of everyone else - it does give them a huge advantage and they can buy very specific players rather than over-hauling the whole squad. You can say they do it the better way, or a more efficient way.

But, Real is doing fine too. Now, if they don't end up with a trophy - things can get ugly real fast in Madrid.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Man U squad barley has any players that was brought up from their academy. At least 85% was bought outside the club.

So to sat that you like Man U over Real just because they buy more players is a dumb reason IMO. Because they are the same exact way lol

I can't wait till the financial fair play rule is full on so the richer clubs can lay off MY youth products. f**kers. lol

I'm still pissed from yesterday
*yawn*

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Man U squad barley has any players that was brought up from their academy. At least 85% was bought outside the club.

So to sat that you like Man U over Real just because they buy more players is a dumb reason IMO. Because they are the same exact way lol

I can't wait till the financial fair play rule is full on so the richer clubs can lay off MY youth products. f**kers. lol

Man, Benfica had it. Intense game. Barca - Milan first half was pretty good, the f**king pitch is horrible - but Milan had two excellent chances, Barca had 3 good chances and didn't get a penalty called when Alexis was tripped up in the penalty area. But, overall - good officiating.

I agree, ManU buys a lot of player - though they buy them before they become stars usually...so there is a difference - but honestly - it doesn't really matter. I hate the Yankees not because they buy championships, it's because they are from NY and they are successful. I hate Real Madrid because I support Barca and Real Madrid is f**king good and their biggest rival. I respect them - especially when they were under Raul's captaincy.

Man, Benfica had it. Intense game. Barca - Milan first half was pretty good, the f**king pitch is horrible - but Milan had two excellent chances, Barca had 3 good chances and didn't get a penalty called when Alexis was tripped up in the penalty area. But, overall - good officiating.

I agree, ManU buys a lot of player - though they buy them before they become stars usually...so there is a difference - but honestly - it doesn't really matter. I hate the Yankees not because they buy championships, it's because they are from NY and they are successful. I hate Real Madrid because I support Barca and Real Madrid is f**king good and their biggest rival. I respect them - especially when they were under Raul's captaincy.

Man U buys most of players when they are starlets or in their teens (and sends em to their academy). it's similar to what barca does. Real madrid on the other hand is just a glorified version of man city and is the yankees of soccer. they just buy and buy expensive talent from all over the world.

btw people who say that man u and barca dont do that because they cant afford it is wrong. though not to the extent of Real, they have the ability to spend but instead build their squad through young talent.

Man U buys most of players when they are starlets or in their teens (and sends em to their academy). it's similar to what barca does. Real madrid on the other hand is just a glorified version of man city and is the yankees of soccer. they just buy and buy expensive talent from all over the world.

btw people who say that man u and barca dont do that because they cant afford it is wrong. though not to the extent of Real, they have the ability to spend but instead build their squad through young talent.

aren't they like in huge debt? madrid on the other hand has money to blow on a billion dollar island, so.. but if barca and man. u had that type of cash to throw around, they'd be doing the same... maybe not barca cuz they're in a good position and don't really need to but i can definitely see man. u spending big if they had the funds.

aren't they like in huge debt? madrid on the other hand has money to blow on a billion dollar island, so.. but if barca and man. u had that type of cash to throw around, they'd be doing the same... maybe not barca cuz they're in a good position and don't really need to but i can definitely see man. u spending big if they had the funds.

SAF had funds in years past and even then he didnt spend that much. once in awhile he'd buy a ferdinand or berbatov but that was it. man u's style for the most part is to build through their academy.

regarding the debt, the only thing that hurts them is the interest payments. other than that, theyre fine. FFP wont hurt them at all because man u posts the highest profits of any club in the world, and yes that includes barca and madrid, both of whom bring in higher revenues than man u. also, barca and madrid have huge mountains of debt too, but they play by different rules because they are sports clubs, not football clubs such as man u.

regarding that real madrid resort, vast majority of money will come from the local emiratis, not madrid.

p.s. man u will soon be listed in singapore or hong kong stock exchange. the IPO will remove all debt and all interest payments. unlike when they were listed on the london stock exchange, listing on the singapore or hong kong stock exchange wont affect how the club is run
[ Edited by 49blitz on Mar 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Liga Zon Sagres this weekend

Braga 58pts
FC Porto 57pts
Benfica 56pts

Benfica play Braga at home today. Win will launch them potentially into first. Porto plays today as well, the "early game" as we like to call it.

Three horse race to the end of the season.

Maritimo (48pts) and Sporting(45pts, with one game in hand) are battling out for 4th place. Maritimo pushing hard for a Europa league spot for more cash revenue and to be more attractive place for players to come to Madeira (island where CR7 was born)

CARREGA BENFICA!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone