There are 604 users in the forums
The Soccer Thread 11/12
May 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM
- jrg
- Veteran
- Posts: 166,549
Gotta start it off right!
May 31, 2011 at 6:40 AM
- 1251alex
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,460
Originally posted by jrg:
Gotta start it off right!
May 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Gotta lay out the champs from the major countries that we all follow right? 
Champions League : FC Barcelona
Europa League: FC Porto
Fifa Club World Cup: Inter Milan
Barclays Premiere League: Manchester United
La Liga: FC Barcelona
Serie A: AC Milan
Ligue 1: Lille
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
Liga Zon Sagres: FC Porto

Primera Division De Mexico: Pumas

Champions League : FC Barcelona
Europa League: FC Porto
Fifa Club World Cup: Inter Milan
Barclays Premiere League: Manchester United
La Liga: FC Barcelona
Serie A: AC Milan
Ligue 1: Lille
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
Liga Zon Sagres: FC Porto

Primera Division De Mexico: Pumas
Jun 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Looks like Andres Guardado may still come to Benfica after all.
You shoulda came last year! Lol
He also might go back to Mexico if Benfica doesn't strike a deal.
Link is in Portuguese if you guys wanna try and read.
Futuro de Guardado passa por Portugal ou México
You shoulda came last year! Lol
He also might go back to Mexico if Benfica doesn't strike a deal.
Link is in Portuguese if you guys wanna try and read.
Futuro de Guardado passa por Portugal ou México
Jun 1, 2011 at 3:06 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Bayern Munich announce signings of Manuel Neuer from Schalke & Rafinha from Genoa

Also rumors goin around that Berbatov might retrun to Spurs.

Also rumors goin around that Berbatov might retrun to Spurs.
Jun 1, 2011 at 3:16 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Alright you Barca fanatics I need info on Nolito
Benfica just signed this kid from their B team. From what I read this is suppose to be the next big thing in Spanish football, but could never crack Barcas starting 11.
Anyone ever watch him play? I like his youtube vid haha
Benfica just signed this kid from their B team. From what I read this is suppose to be the next big thing in Spanish football, but could never crack Barcas starting 11.
Anyone ever watch him play? I like his youtube vid haha
Jun 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by NickV:
Alright you Barca fanatics I need info on Nolito
![]()
Benfica just signed this kid from their B team. From what I read this is suppose to be the next big thing in Spanish football, but could never crack Barcas starting 11.
Anyone ever watch him play? I like his youtube vid haha
Seen him a few times. Yea, his future at Barca was over. He was always good on the B-team, but never good enough to make it to the 11. Even when Xavi or Iniesta were injured, he wasn't the first choice. He is talented, no doubt - but he was never going to start on the Barca 11 for extended time.
I remember couple years ago, a lot of fans were excited about him. Just didn't impress when promoted to the 11 from time to time. Last season, it was obvious he didn't belong at Barca. Not even sure he was a good back-up for Barca, but I can see him startin' for quite a few teams and be an above-average player.
Jun 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
I'm hoping with better competition he really blossoms and becomes that lethal "number 9" Benfica hasn't had since Nuno Gomes prime.
Jun 1, 2011 at 3:57 PM
- VDSF
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,971
Originally posted by NickV:
Gotta lay out the champs from the major countries that we all follow right?
Champions League : FC Barcelona
![]()
Europa League: FC Porto
![]()
Fifa Club World Cup: Inter Milan
![]()
Barclays Premiere League: Manchester United
![]()
La Liga: FC Barcelona
![]()
Serie A: AC Milan
![]()
Ligue 1: Lille
![]()
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
![]()
Liga Zon Sagres: FC Porto
Primera Division De Mexico: Pumas
I follow Boca Juniors, Where are they?
Jun 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Originally posted by VDSF:Originally posted by NickV:
Gotta lay out the champs from the major countries that we all follow right?
Champions League : FC Barcelona
![]()
Europa League: FC Porto
![]()
Fifa Club World Cup: Inter Milan
![]()
Barclays Premiere League: Manchester United
![]()
La Liga: FC Barcelona
![]()
Serie A: AC Milan
![]()
Ligue 1: Lille
![]()
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
![]()
Liga Zon Sagres: FC Porto
Primera Division De Mexico: Pumas
I follow Boca Juniors, Where are they?
VD! I havent seen you post in the previous soccer thread too much and we didnt talk too much about them, but I guess I should include the south american countries also. Wouldnt hurt

Oh, and thanks for Nicolas Gaitan. Already had a better season than what Di Maria had in 2.


*edit, most South American leagues aren't done yet along with some European countries, when they are ill update the list.
[ Edited by NickV on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:09 PM ]
Jun 1, 2011 at 4:11 PM
- VDSF
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,971
Originally posted by NickV:Originally posted by VDSF:Originally posted by NickV:
Gotta lay out the champs from the major countries that we all follow right?
Champions League : FC Barcelona
![]()
Europa League: FC Porto
![]()
Fifa Club World Cup: Inter Milan
![]()
Barclays Premiere League: Manchester United
![]()
La Liga: FC Barcelona
![]()
Serie A: AC Milan
![]()
Ligue 1: Lille
![]()
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
![]()
Liga Zon Sagres: FC Porto
Primera Division De Mexico: Pumas
I follow Boca Juniors, Where are they?
VD! I havent seen you post in the previous soccer thread too much and we didnt talk too much about them, but I guess I should include the south american countries also. Wouldnt hurt
Oh, and thanks for Nicolas Gaitan. Already had a better season than what Di Maria had in 2.
![]()
I know im on the go here and there, but i stop by the thread to scope it out lol, im hoping boca wins their remainding matches to qualify for the copa sudamericana!, its sad to see river sliding down the slopes!
and as for gaitan he was good for us and glad to see he's doing well out there, a pic of battaglia or palermo would do lol
Jun 1, 2011 at 5:04 PM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Good year for Man United. I expect us to make a few nice signings
Jun 2, 2011 at 12:29 AM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
There is a talk that Barca may get Neymar. 
Is that even fair? Messi and Neymar...fuccccck. Rossi is another target, and Barca is talkin' to his agent, hopefully, he is the back-up plan if they can't get Neymar. I don't believe they can sign both, since they need help on defense.
Chelsea has offered 25+ Million Euros for Neymar, but Robinho (who is close to Neymar) and suggested him to pick Barca over Chelsea or any EPL team. Hopefully, Neymar picks Barca, but I'll be happy as long as he doesn't pick Real.

Is that even fair? Messi and Neymar...fuccccck. Rossi is another target, and Barca is talkin' to his agent, hopefully, he is the back-up plan if they can't get Neymar. I don't believe they can sign both, since they need help on defense.
Chelsea has offered 25+ Million Euros for Neymar, but Robinho (who is close to Neymar) and suggested him to pick Barca over Chelsea or any EPL team. Hopefully, Neymar picks Barca, but I'll be happy as long as he doesn't pick Real.
Jun 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM
- Crazy49er1313
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,136
Originally posted by NickV:
Bayern Munich announce signings of Manuel Neuer from Schalke & Rafinha from Genoa
![]()
![]()
Also rumors goin around that Berbatov might retrun to Spurs.
Talk about "revamping defense" by Bayern

Neuer alone will increase success for Champions League, let alone adding back depth with Rafinha...
As for the Berbatov, I REALLY hope that to be true, especially if the Spurs want any hope of keeping Bale and returning to Champions they need someone who can score.