There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WCF: THUNDER VS. MAVS

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This series is OVER. I really hate to use the choke word in sports but its pretty hard to use any other label when you blow a 15 point lead with 5 minutes to go.

I wanted Dirk to do this last night

Stupid NBA banned that
I agree. I don't know how you can't call this a chokejob. It's the definition of a chokejob.

-9fA
Chokelahoma City Blunder
Am I the only one who feels it wasn't a choke job?

1. OKC played solid defense but Dirk f**ken owned it
2. Dallas finally eliminated OKC's offensive rebounds and kept them to one shot
3. No Harden and OKC's offense was no longer smooth
4. Jason Kidd and Marion playing great defense on Durant and Westbrook
5. Dirk owned it and it's always nice to have a player who can take over a game: MIA has 2 of them and now maybe 3.
Originally posted by Joecool:

1. OKC played solid defense but Dirk f**ken owned it
2. Dallas finally eliminated OKC's offensive rebounds and kept them to one shot
3. No Harden and OKC's offense was no longer smooth
4. Jason Kidd and Marion playing great defense on Durant and Westbrook
5. Dirk owned it and it's always nice to have a player who can take over a game: MIA has 2 of them and now maybe 3.

It wasn't JUST a choke job. 15 points down w/ 4 1/2 to play you need everything to go right. So yes, it was part choke job, part dirk going crazy, part mavs playig good defense etc.
woooo god was on our side last night, but now we're up 3-1 baby and we're goin to dallass
Originally posted by LBCniner:
woooo god was on our side last night, but now we're up 3-1 baby and we're goin to dallass

Dallas is in the Finals. Teams don't get over losing like that at home, especially young ones.

Yes

OKC made 3 shots in the final 10 min
Originally posted by Tman:

Yes

OKC made 3 shots in the final 10 min

Their shooting wasn't all that great the entire game. They were just getting the offensive rebounds until that last 5 minutes. OKC: 20 orb to DAL: 5 orb.

Also from the 9:02 to 5:05 in the 4th quarter, Dallas only scored 2 points whereas OKC, point flow matched what they did throughout the entire game. This tells me OKC wasn't really dominating more-so than Dallas missing shots. Then from 5:05 to the end, OKC had its drought and only scored 2 points.

A case can be made that both teams went on large droughts throughout that 4th quarter but it so happens OKC's offense went into scramble mode after Harden fouled out. I wouldn't call that a choke job more-so than missing a key player who has played well late in games and given them production at the right times during the series.

Also, in OT, it was tied with 2 minutes to go.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 24, 2011 at 12:49 PM ]
Jason Kidd is still badass. People who really didn't get a chance to see him in his prime couldn't fathom someone saying he was better than Deron Williams or Westbrook but he is one who you just had to watch him play. Kevin Johnson is also in that realm.

you take that back!

I don't want to agree with you
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Jason Kidd is still badass. People who really didn't get a chance to see him in his prime couldn't fathom someone saying he was better than Deron Williams or Westbrook but he is one who you just had to watch him play. Kevin Johnson is also in that realm.

you take that back!

I don't want to agree with you

I was very surprised how well his defense on Kobe was also. That's it! He's in the 70% steroid user list.
nice my girl won 180 last night betting on the mavs. we all thought it was done when they were down 15, dirk is the man
ouch okc lookin like they might be blowin it for the second time
WOOOOOOO MY MAVSS FINALSSSSS DIRK IS AN NO HOMO!!