There are 416 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WCF: THUNDER VS. MAVS

Any team that wants to beat Dallas must outscore them or hope they go flat out cold and if they go cold, then they also will need to contain Dirk.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Dirk has 24 free throws
Wrigged

lol
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I gotta bow down to Dirk

I've always considered him soft, but he's on a whole nother level this playoffs.
Good game Dirk

Originally posted by crzy:
I gotta bow down to Dirk

I've always considered him soft, but he's on a whole nother level this playoffs.

This...I'm rooting for OKC, but Dirk is just so awesome, and I'll not be upset one bit to have Dallas in the finals. What a beast...Dirk is re-defining his career in these playoffs.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I gotta bow down to Dirk

This...I'm rooting for OKC, but Dirk is just so awesome, and I'll not be upset one bit to have Dallas in the finals. What a beast...Dirk is re-defining his career in these playoffs.

He's always been good. Maybe he's just more seasoned now and has a good supporting cast in certain cases.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I gotta bow down to Dirk

He's always been good. Maybe he's just more seasoned now and has a good supporting cast in certain cases.

Yea, I mean - he was a HOFer before this year started, but he has been unstoppable in the playoffs. He has taken his game to another level in these playoffs and NO ONE has an answer for it.

...and I don't know how you double team him when Dallas has 3 outstanding 3 pt. shooters on the floor ALL the time!
that is one bad white boy and latino boy on that team
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Wow, Dirk is on a tear this postseason, but really he's been this good for a long time, he just hasn't had much help. This team is reminding me of the 93-94 Rockets: 1 player playing better than anyone in basketbell just in a zone in the postseason and a whole bunch of shooters. No consistent 2nd threat but 2-3 different guys every night gettting 20 plus. Chandler is the Otis Thorpe, Barrea is the Sam Cassell. They don't defend quite as well, but there's a lot of similarities.
I don't watch basketball anymore. Pretty much the last sport after football, hockey, baseball, and World Cup Soccer. However, if the Bulls make it to the finals I may actually catch some of it, especially if it's against Dallas. In that case, I'd have a team I really liked in the past against a team I really dislike in the present.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Wow, Dirk is on a tear this postseason, but really he's been this good for a long time, he just hasn't had much help. This team is reminding me of the 93-94 Rockets: 1 player playing better than anyone in basketbell just in a zone in the postseason and a whole bunch of shooters. No consistent 2nd threat but 2-3 different guys every night gettting 20 plus. Chandler is the Otis Thorpe, Barrea is the Sam Cassell. They don't defend quite as well, but there's a lot of similarities.

This is the only other season I can compare Dirk's play to is the Hakeem "own everyone and their momma tour".

Teams in the past were able to double Dirk as soon as he put the ball on the ground as he wasn't the best passer off a dribble and would either force a shot when he wasn't ready or pass it to a guy who misses his shot.

Dirk 2011 is also taking it hard to the basket with some dunk finishes. He's refusing to let this team loosen up.

How bout f**ken Barrea? One would think Nate Robinson would be able to stay in front of him but he put Nate in some cement shoes and flashed right by him.
dirk and barea are a problem

i'm still hoping okc can steal one in dallas..
Dirk has 24 free throws
Wrigged

lol this ^
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Dirk has 24 free throws
Wrigged

lol this ^

I wonder if the Mavs will be Dirkalicious @0:22 tonight.
[ Edited by global_nomad on May 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM ]
Woooooooooo Durantula just made heyward his b***h