LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Hockey Question

I don't watch hockey much at all but I've noticed 2 teams have come back from 0-3 deficits to force a game 7. My question is why does this happen so often in hockey as opposed to other sports? It seems like every year somebody comes back from a 0-3 deficit.
Originally posted by epdavis:
I don't watch hockey much at all but I've noticed 2 teams have come back from 0-3 deficits to force a game 7. My question is why does this happen so often in hockey as opposed to other sports? It seems like every year somebody comes back from a 0-3 deficit.

This actually almost NEVER happens in hockey. What you're seeing is something rather historical. It's happened less than 10 times in the history of the game. The effing Sharks and Canucks are just choke artists and constantly torture their fans by never making it easy on themselves.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This actually almost NEVER happens in hockey. What you're seeing is something rather historical. It's happened less than 10 times in the history of the game. The effing Sharks and Canucks are just choke artists and constantly torture their fans by never making it easy on themselves.

Really, I swear it seems like every year!!
The Flyers did it last year, were down 0-3 & won the series, that was the 2nd time ever that a team down 0-3 came back and won.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
its in the nature of the sport, the teams are so closely matched and dont really roll over the lower seeds. It is not uncommon for lower seed teams even 8 seeds to beat 1 seeds in the playoffs. In basketball the teams the get up 3 games to 0 are usually much better.....just my 2 cents
So, to answer this, it's really not any more common than in any other sports. Aside from baseball -- I don't believe any team in MLB HISTORY has come back down 0-3.
So, to answer this, it's really not any more common than in any other sports. Aside from baseball -- I don't believe any team in MLB HISTORY has come back down 0-3.

boston red sox 2004
Originally posted by ads_2006:

boston red sox 2004

Other than that.

I guess I heard wrong -- I thought I heard no team ever had, but.. Well I stand corrected then. Any other times, ads?
the world series with the angels agains the giants sure as well felt like it was them overcoming a 3-0 defecit

only happened in NHL 3 times before where a team down 3 games come back and win the series. the most recent were the flyers of last year. sharks are flirting with that now that the series 3-3. once in mlb and that was '04 red sox beating the yanks. never in nba so far

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

only happened in NHL 3 times before where a team down 3 games come back and win the series. the most recent were the flyers of last year. sharks are flirting with that now that the series 3-3. once in mlb and that was '04 red sox beating the yanks. never in nba so far

That was it -- the NBA. I misremembered it being the MLB.

To clarify I didn't say come back & actually win the series but to come back & force a game 7.

To clarify I didn't say come back & actually win the series but to come back & force a game 7.

in that case i don't have a answer just yet.
wait wait, before i read the thread..let me predict the question

"why do people watch it?"

no?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
yeah this never happens lol
Share 49ersWebzone