There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Lol, Amp thats a clever re-wording of the actual link.

jrg, who would you want if you had to give up Howard to the Lakers?

There really isn't anybody...Dwight Howard is a young superstar. The best center in the game and is in the process of CONTINUING to improve his game. I've never been sold on Bynum, not a fan of Gasol at all, Kobe is old, theres just nothing. In my opinion the Lakers are on the the decline. Bringing in Howard would stop that for a few years..but think of 4-5 years from now..you guys would be re-building around Howard. A big reason why I don't see Howard going anywhere. Say you guys DO get Howard and he DOES win a title for you..that kind of elite play from the team is declining for the Lakers..Howard is great but he has shown in Orlando he does need some help. With LA I could see him winning maybe a title or two..but then being stuck in a rebuilding phase. I personally don't see him leaving Orlando for that reason. This may be me being a homer, but I see the Lakers declining faster then the Magic. Like I said, that may just be me.

ORL should trade Howard to Memphis for Z and Marc. f**k the Lakers.

As I've said..I do not WANT to move Howard..but that deal is a much more appealing then what the Lakers would offer IMO.
Howard doesnt care about winning championships, he wants to go to LA to become an actor and do more dumb ass commercials
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Lol, Amp thats a clever re-wording of the actual link.

jrg, who would you want if you had to give up Howard to the Lakers?

There really isn't anybody...Dwight Howard is a young superstar. The best center in the game and is in the process of CONTINUING to improve his game. I've never been sold on Bynum, not a fan of Gasol at all, Kobe is old, theres just nothing. In my opinion the Lakers are on the the decline. Bringing in Howard would stop that for a few years..but think of 4-5 years from now..you guys would be re-building around Howard. A big reason why I don't see Howard going anywhere. Say you guys DO get Howard and he DOES win a title for you..that kind of elite play from the team is declining for the Lakers..Howard is great but he has shown in Orlando he does need some help. With LA I could see him winning maybe a title or two..but then being stuck in a rebuilding phase. I personally don't see him leaving Orlando for that reason. This may be me being a homer, but I see the Lakers declining faster then the Magic. Like I said, that may just be me.

ORL should trade Howard to Memphis for Z and Marc. f**k the Lakers.

Yeah, just so Howard can opt out in a year. Good thinking.
Dwight isn't going anywhere Laker fans.

Time to find a new way to rebuild

Maybe not this year, but he won't be with Orlando after next year. You might as well get something good for him while you still have him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Howard doesnt care about winning championships, he wants to go to LA to become an actor and do more dumb ass commercials

He will be in the next Superman movie.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Delusional. 100% chance he leaves Orlando, like very star they've had before. Like it or not (I hate it) he and another star, likely Paul, will end up in LA. It's only been happening for 50 years. Basketball is the one sport where everyone sees your face all the time, most of these guys are attnetion whores, there's no place you can get more attention than LA.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
How many games will Bynum be suspended?
Did he hard foul with the intent to encourage MK to trade him?
How many people on here will complain when the Lakers obtain CP3 and D12?

Odom and Bynum for Howard
Gasol and Fisher and Shannon Brown for CP3

BOOK IT

Why would the Lakers trade all of those dudes for 2 guys who each have only one year left on their contracts? Too much.

I thought CP3 and Howard are free agents this off-season?

Nope. '12. The theory is that trading them now would get their teams something in return for them rather than nothing in '12.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Delusional. 100% chance he leaves Orlando, like very star they've had before. Like it or not (I hate it) he and another star, likely Paul, will end up in LA. It's only been happening for 50 years. Basketball is the one sport where everyone sees your face all the time, most of these guys are attnetion whores, there's no place you can get more attention than LA.

You honestly believes its 100% chance he leaves?

I'd say its 50/50..and the 50 of him leaving is pushing it.

He has never EVER claimed to say he wants out of Orlando. Not once. Its media shoving s**t out there for people to talk about. They could do this for anybody thats coming up on a contract year. Dwight has made it very clear he loves playing in Orlando and would like to retire w/ the Magic. Sure, people may change their mind and something MAY happen. But there is NO way its 100% he is leaving. Thats just ridiculous. From what I've read recently Dwight has actually said he wants CP3 in Orlando with him and has made that clear to Otis Smith.

[ Edited by jrg on May 10, 2011 at 09:53:11 ]
The return to greatness begins, lets to do another back to back.
Originally posted by susweel:

Without Phil, case closed.
Originally posted by susweel:

Without Phil, case closed.

That doesn't even make sense.
They need a point guard first and foremost.
Those watching the live feed like me of the exit interviews.. Here is the schedule..

Lakers.com wrote:Tuesday:
9:00 – Andrew Bynum
9:30 – Ron Artest
10:00 – Steve Blake
10:30 – Shannon Brown
11:00 – Luke Walton
11:30 – Derek Fisher

1:00 – Pau Gasol
1:30 – Theo Ratliff
2:00 – Joe Smith
2:30 – Devin Ebanks
3:00 – Trey Johnson
3:30 – Derrick Caracter

Wednesday:
10:00 – Kobe Bryant
10:30 – Matt Barnes
11:00 – Lamar Odom

After Lamar, Mitch Kupchak will meet with the media and then Phil Jackson.

P.S. Ron Ron is next.. Bynum's went on late...

[ Edited by fakers23 on May 10, 2011 at 10:09:39 ]
Saw this in a forum somewhere:

Quote:
Lakers Gives:
Gasol
Bynum

Orlando Gives:
Dwight Howard
Jason Richardson

Golden State Gives:
Monta Ellis
Ekpe Udoh