There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2: Lakers 0 vs. Mavs 4

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lakers aren't gonna change any thing, they are the better team and the better team always wins a 7 game series.

57-25

As opposed to last year, when the Lakers went 57-25.

What's that have to do with this year?

This DAL team is appears to be matching up very well and they are defending the paint very well. If you told me Kobe was going to light it up and Pau and Odom with 15 points along with double-doubles and even add in Fisher's 2nd quarter impact and I would say Lakers win.

Lakers will probably still get by this round because they will definitely up the physicality but this is going to be a fun series to watch as both teams have the legit go-to guy along with experience around him.

DAL bench has a great opportunity here to close gaps or create larger gaps during parts of games.
Lakers aren't gonna change any thing, they are the better team and the better team always wins a 7 game series.

Like I said I could see the lakers taking the next 4 games if they come out ready to play after that embarrassing loss last night. We are by far the better team.

57-25

This DAL team is appears to be matching up very well and they are defending the paint very well. If you told me Kobe was going to light it up and Pau and Odom with 15 points along with double-doubles and even add in Fisher's 2nd quarter impact and I would say Lakers win.

Lakers will probably still get by this round because they will definitely up the physicality but this is going to be a fun series to watch as both teams have the legit go-to guy along with experience around him.

DAL bench has a great opportunity here to close gaps or create larger gaps during parts of games.

The Lakers simply let their foot off of the gas pedal, as they almost always do when they feel like they're superior to the other team. It's ridiculously arrogant. As soon as they went up 16, they figured "we got this".

We played like crap on the defensive end and Dallas knocked down some tough shots. Bynum needs to show up next game.

57-25

How is it you seem to know more about the Lakers and their opponents than you do the Spurs and their opponents?
This is exactly why Stern will allow Dwight Howard to go to the Lakers next year.
i hate the lakers but i got pau and kobe in my fantasy postseason, kobe is doing good but pau needs to step it up.

57-25

The Lakers simply let their foot off of the gas pedal, as they almost always do when they feel like they're superior to the other team. It's ridiculously arrogant. As soon as they went up 16, they figured "we got this".

We played like crap on the defensive end and Dallas knocked down some tough shots. Bynum needs to show up next game.

I do think they let the foot off the gas pedal during the 3rd but DAL didn't get the lead until the final minutes of the game. It was a 5 or so point game the entire 4th quarter and the Lakers were playing hard during the 4th with the small lead. As much as the Lakers can get the credit for the 17 point lead, DAL can also get the credit for some really dumb play.

I didn't see DAL knock down tough shots. They hit open shots that were created. Dirk hit his tough shots as he normally does, so that's expected.

If anyone didn't come through for LA, it was Ron missing some open 3's with a goose egg 0-3 and then going 1-8 on FGA. He's expected to hit more than that but then the same thing could be said about DAL dumb mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and that they won't do that again.

It's going to be close.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I love how pau gasol screamed when kobe fell into him

I wonder if when he is banging his girl if he just randomly screams at different times while f**kin

And then if Chandler screams or makes a strong play, Pau will be like...[in a deep dumb voice] "Why you screaming, dude? For that, I push you."

I thought Lakers finish this game off and rarely do you see them getting on the short end of a 1 point game.

Dirk came through and I was really impressed with the power in which he was making his moves on Odom. Man, Odom fouls nearly every time with that walking into the shooter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

57-25

This Laker team isn't as good as last year...or at least in the minds of their opponents. Teams playing against them aren't scared of them this year. That aura of invincibility is gone.

Mavs had to win game 1 to have a chance...and Lakers are still favored to win Dallas IMO - because I still believe Lakers have terrific match-ups in this series - but unlike past years - Lakers can't afford to play great for 45 minutes and win games. Their margin of error is pretty small this year, as compared to last couple years.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

57-25

This Laker team isn't as good as last year...or at least in the minds of their opponents. Teams playing against them aren't scared of them this year. That aura of invincibility is gone.

Mavs had to win game 1 to have a chance...and Lakers are still favored to win Dallas IMO - because I still believe Lakers have terrific match-ups in this series - but unlike past years - Lakers can't afford to play great for 45 minutes and win games. Their margin of error is pretty small this year, as compared to last couple years.

I would be thrilled if the Lakers played great for 45 minutes. They play great when they feel threatened or feel like they can close a team out. This team's absolutely more talented that last year's squad with a healthy Bynum. But as soon as they got up 16 they just started jacking up shots, not contesting the 3 point line and just playing generally lazy basketball.

They got up big and coasted and got burned. If the Lakers were playing balls out and this was happening, I'd agree with you, but they're just not.

57-25

Margin of error is small? Do you watch games? The lakers messed around and lost by 2 while the mavs played terrific and only won by 2
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

57-25

How is it you seem to know more about the Lakers and their opponents than you do the Spurs and their opponents?

Who doesn't know the Hornets and Mavs more than Memphis?
Originally posted by socalfan21:

57-25

Margin of error is small? Do you watch games? The lakers messed around and lost by 2 while the mavs played terrific and only won by 2

You actually hink the Mavs played terrific for 48 minutes? They got back into a game that they almost gave away wih careless play. It was a close game throughout the 4th and the Mavs came on top. Neither team slouched that quarter as both teams were plying to win it but the Mavs didn't blunder it away as in the second quarter and made more plays along with defending the paint. They forced LA to stick wih the jumpers.

Pau and Kobe even tried to force it in the paint in the 4th but one got blocked man-up by Chandler and the other had to pass out due to Chandler.

[ Edited by Joecool on May 3, 2011 at 13:46:53 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

57-25

I would be thrilled if the Lakers played great for 45 minutes. They play great when they feel threatened or feel like they can close a team out. This team's absolutely more talented that last year's squad with a healthy Bynum. But as soon as they got up 16 they just started jacking up shots, not contesting the 3 point line and just playing generally lazy basketball.

They got up big and coasted and got burned. If the Lakers were playing balls out and this was happening, I'd agree with you, but they're just not.

Dallas had some really poor stretches as well...especially at the end of 2nd and start of 3rd quarter - giving away free points which helped Lakers build that lead. Lakers gave away that lead in the next 4-5 minutes...which is the only time Lakers played terrible.

Lakers coasted for few minutes...but that's how they have always played. Last year, they would have gotten away with it, not this year.

I'm not saying Lakers aren't more talented than last year...it's just - opponents don't fear them. That makes a big difference.

57-25

Dallas had some really poor stretches as well...especially at the end of 2nd and start of 3rd quarter - giving away free points which helped Lakers build that lead. Lakers gave away that lead in the next 4-5 minutes...which is the only time Lakers played terrible.

Lakers coasted for few minutes...but that's how they have always played. Last year, they would have gotten away with it, not this year.

I'm not saying Lakers aren't more talented than last year...it's just - opponents don't fear them. That makes a big difference.

I think the bold has a lot to do with the personnel those opponents now have to battle with Pau and Bynum.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com