Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2: Lakers 0 vs. Mavs 4

www.didthelakersgetswept.com/
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dobo:
If Dallas wins it all, Dirk's performance will rank right up there with Hakeem in 1994 and Duncan in 2003. Big "if" of course.

No matter what, Dirk has been spectacular.

Dirk's been great, but he only impacts the game in one way. Hakeem & Duncan controlled the whole game. I don't think it's the same thing.

I get that, but I'm having the damnedest time trying to account for the Mavericks' success so far. But yeah, it's only been two rounds.

You watched this series more closely than me. What do you make of Dirk's defense on Pau? Was it just Pau being a b***h, or was Dirk actually doing a good job? The easy answer is a "a bit of both" but I know it was probably more one than the other.

It was almost entirely Pau. That's not a knock on Dirk, but Pau didn't even give Dirk many chances to play good defense. He didn't try at all to establish post position, and most of his catches were 13-15 feet away from the basket. I can barely remember Pau getting the ball in the post at all...because he wasn't even there. It was the same thing against the Hornets in the 1st Round.

His defense was equally bad. I've seen some good players drop some turds in the playoffs, but I've never seen someone with his ability give such little effort and be so discombobulated. I mean, when have you ever seen Phil Jackson light into a guy the way he lit into Pau?

It's hard for me to get a read on Dallas because the Lakers completely crapped themselves.

I got 99 problems but a b***h ain't one, except if your Pau Gasol
It was Dirk. Dude was unguardable, regardless if it was pau, bynum, odom or artest on him...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
www.didthelakersgetswept.com/

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
It was Dirk. Dude was unguardable, regardless if it was pau, bynum, odom or artest on him...

Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by lakers27:
If Dallas wins it all, Dirk's performance will rank right up there with Hakeem in 1994 and Duncan in 2003. Big "if" of course.

Dirk's been great, but he only impacts the game in one way. Hakeem & Duncan controlled the whole game. I don't think it's the same thing.

I get that, but I'm having the damnedest time trying to account for the Mavericks' success so far. But yeah, it's only been two rounds.

You watched this series more closely than me. What do you make of Dirk's defense on Pau? Was it just Pau being a b***h, or was Dirk actually doing a good job? The easy answer is a "a bit of both" but I know it was probably more one than the other.

He was very motivated and hitting 15-25 foot jumpers like most guys hit from two feet, he was in a zone. It didn't matter who guarded him or how well, he was on fire. In that last game anyone with a Maverick jersey on was a sharp shooter. I didn't think the hot shooting would last, but they lit it up for 48 minutes. I never saw a team have that high of a shooting percentage shooting medium range to long jumpers.

That's not what he asked, guys.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by lakers27:

He was very motivated and hitting 15-25 foot jumpers like most guys hit from two feet, he was in a zone. It didn't matter who guarded him or how well, he was on fire. In that last game anyone with a Maverick jersey on was a sharp shooter. I didn't think the hot shooting would last, but they lit it up for 48 minutes. I never saw a team have that high of a shooting percentage shooting medium range to long jumpers.

That's not what he asked, guys.

I started reading this whole convo and right before your post I was like
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ritchie:
So what's the validity behind this Pau's GF and Kobe's WF thing? Kobe and Pau yelling match in the locker room etc??

Pau's fiance left him, and supposedly she went to another players wife to talk about it. Pau got mad because the wife didn't try to stop her or talk her out of it, and then he went to that player to say WTF. Then a huge riff was started, which is supposedly why Pau's play has been miserable, and the team hasn't been playing like a unit.

Everybody assumes it was Kobe's wife, but nobody is sure. It would sorta make sense, but some have said that it could be Odom's wife, too.

Kobe could have been mad because he was frustrated that Pau let that s**t effect him on the court. If you think about it, Kobe was going from court in Colorado in the morning for his rape trial, and flying to LA for games at night and absolutely lighting it up. He obviously knows how to keep off court matters separate, and possibly was pissed Pau couldn't do the same.

Wasnt like Kobe's wife was about to walk out. Kobe had to keep his performance up, heres why:

As for Pau, if she wanted to leave, why should have Vanessa interfered. Vanessa had two options

1) Keep Pau and GF together for a ring and get blamed if things dont work out

2) dont do anything, which it seems like she did
I hate to say it, but as ashamed and embarassed I was the day we got swept, it is still not as bad as when Singletary pulled his pants down when we got our butts whooped.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

They take rings AWAY after a sweep??!1?!11

No one told me!
In a weird way, I really am happy for all you Laker haters. It's been a long time since you fellers have had anything to be cheerful about.
In a weird way, I really am happy for all you Laker haters. It's been a long time since you fellers have had anything to be cheerful about.

I guess they are on the "whoever" bandwagon now.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

I guess they are on the "whoever" bandwagon now.

Let's just say I wouldn't mind if Lebron gets 6 rings which makes Wade have 7.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com