There are 211 users in the forums

The Heat vs. The 76ers - Miami wins 4-1

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I'd like to know what other players in the league right now "just need the right situation" in order to show that they're beautiful butterflies.

Pau's going to make the Hall of Fame because he got traded to the Lakers. He had no shot before that. He's been the second best player on a team that's won 2 titles. That'll get him in the HOF, because that's how it normally goes.

Pau Gasol would have been HOF if he went to Spurs and won 2 championships. Pau Gasol made the all-star team before David West did, and was snubbed at least twice.

David West got more votes because Hornets were making playoffs...not because he was a better player.

That's my point, 4ML. There are a ton of guys in the league that would be HOFers if they were part of a championship team. Guys like D-Wade, Pippen & Shaq are dominant HOF level players regardless. When Pau gets brought up as a "great" player in the same breath as those guys, I'm reminded of this.

That's actually pretty funny. lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I remember when the Lakers won the first championship after trading for Gasol and the Laker thread was crowning that guy as a potential HOFer now in order to make Kobe look better Pau isnt a HOFer anymore. LULZ

Seriously.

Not a new phenomenon. Fans of every great player try to minimize the efforts of other players around the guy they support.

My opinion on Gasol has never changed. I don't know who the hell you guys are referring to with this comment, but it ain't me.

Pau is basically Bosh...except LeBron has that kinda player AND a guy who was a first ballot HOFer on his own, without having to be "in the right situation".
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I remember when the Lakers won the first championship after trading for Gasol and the Laker thread was crowning that guy as a potential HOFer now in order to make Kobe look better Pau isnt a HOFer anymore. LULZ

Seriously.

Not a new phenomenon. Fans of every great player try to minimize the efforts of other players around the guy they support.

My opinion on Gasol has never changed. I don't know who the hell you guys are referring to with this comment, but it ain't me.

Pau is basically Bosh...except LeBron has that kinda player AND a guy who was a first ballot HOFer on his own, without having to be "in the right situation".

My comment wasn't directed towards you, it was a very general comment - to all the fan bases.

I think Pau contributes in different facets of the game, the way Bosh can't. Gasol has the versatility of playing Center, Bosh is and should never be played at Center.

Seriously.

My comment wasn't directed towards you, it was a very general comment - to all the fan bases.

I think Pau contributes in different facets of the game, the way Bosh can't. Gasol has the versatility of playing Center, Bosh is and should never be played at Center.

Pau had the Grizzlies in the playoffs. Did Bosh ever take his team there?

Seriously.

Bosh is overrated.. Very overrated
Originally posted by Joecool:

Seriously.

Pau had the Grizzlies in the playoffs. Did Bosh ever take his team there?

yeah he did
LETS GO SIXERS
Will someone PLEASE trade for Iguodala
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Celtics have looked pretty impressive in the playoffs so far. Should be a great series...lookin' forward to it!!!
Miller and Haslem have been the biggest dissappointments this year. Last night Jones probably had
The biggest "not named Wade/Bosh/James" statistical night of the year.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Miller and Haslem have been the biggest dissappointments this year. Last night Jones probably had
The biggest "not named Wade/Bosh/James" statistical night of the year.

Yea...Miami has been playing 3 on 5 for a while now. All Lebron and Wade really need from their bench is to hit the open 3s and play above average defense, and Bosh to play like a PF.
Share 49ersWebzone