The Heat vs. The 76ers - Miami wins 4-1

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL. Pau Gasol had no shot of making the Hall of Fame until he put on a Laker uniform.

Gasol was stuck playing in Memphis and in an era of Garnett, Gasol, and Shaq. Gasol just needed to be in the right place to earn his HOF credentials. It's not like he became a better player. Everyone knew he was a continuous all-star snub year after year. Gasol was entering his prime, and during his prime, he became the most important piece in bringing more Championships to LA. Scottie Pippen had no shot of making to the Hall till he helped Jordan win multiple championships.

Shaq is one of the greatest HOFer. Not even comparing Gasol to Shaq. Just saying, Kobe couldn't win much when he didn't have great players around him.

stupidest. argument. ever. nobody can win as much without great players....yes, including kobe and lebron

Uhh...yea, that's the point. Kobe fans like to point out how Lebron hasn't won anything...while Kobe has 5 rings.

yes kobe fans do like to point how Lebron hasn't won anything....while kobe has 5 rings. because its kinda true, ya know?

Quit being such a smart-ass. Read much? When did I say it's not true? This is why one shouldn't join in the middle of a discussion without reading it from the beginning.

Kobe has 5 rings because he has had better players around him and a better coach. You put Kobe on that Cavs team, and I doubt he stays there for 7 years and they ever make it to the NBA finals.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 25, 2011 at 6:04 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Anyways...I'm done discussing about Kobe in this thread. Lebron missed a shot with the game on the line...and Kobe missed a shot with the game on the line. Heat lost, Lakers lost. Heat is still 3-1 ahead in their series, and Lakers are 2-2 - so if I'm a Lakers fan, I'd be worried about them.

Back to - the Heat vs. the Sixers
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 25, 2011 at 6:06 AM ]
I remember when the Lakers won the first championship after trading for Gasol and the Laker thread was crowning that guy as a potential HOFer now in order to make Kobe look better Pau isnt a HOFer anymore. LULZ
Originally posted by valrod33:
I remember when the Lakers won the first championship after trading for Gasol and the Laker thread was crowning that guy as a potential HOFer now in order to make Kobe look better Pau isnt a HOFer anymore. LULZ

Seriously.

Pau's going to make the Hall of Fame because he got traded to the Lakers. He had no shot before that. He's been the second best player on a team that's won 2 titles. That'll get him in the HOF, because that's how it normally goes. Robert Parish wouldn't be in the HOF if he stayed in Golden State.

Pau was a nice player in Memphis, but someone along the lines of how we view an Al Jefferson, Zach Randolph or David West. To compare him to a Shaq or D-Wade or to imply he was a HOFer without Kobe is crazy talk, meng.

Pau's going to make the Hall of Fame because he got traded to the Lakers. He had no shot before that. He's been the second best player on a team that's won 2 titles. That'll get him in the HOF, because that's how it normally goes. Robert Parish wouldn't be in the HOF if he stayed in Golden State.

Pau was a nice player in Memphis, but someone along the lines of how we view an Al Jefferson, Zach Randolph or David West. To compare him to a Shaq or D-Wade or to imply he was a HOFer without Kobe is crazy talk, meng.

Why? Because he's white?

RACIST
LOL. Pau Gasol had no shot of making the Hall of Fame until he put on a Laker uniform.

Gasol was stuck playing in Memphis and in an era of Garnett, Gasol, and Shaq. Gasol just needed to be in the right place to earn his HOF credentials. It's not like he became a better player. Everyone knew he was a continuous all-star snub year after year. Gasol was entering his prime, and during his prime, he became the most important piece in bringing more Championships to LA. Scottie Pippen had no shot of making to the Hall till he helped Jordan win multiple championships.

Shaq is one of the greatest HOFer. Not even comparing Gasol to Shaq. Just saying, Kobe couldn't win much when he didn't have great players around him.

Are you serious?!?! Pau Gasol doesn't belong in the same sentence with Scottie Pippen either. Scottie Pippen was a dominant player without Jordan, as he showed in the two years without him.

No...everyone didn't know he was a continuous all-star snub because was "stuck" in Memphis, lol. Not when guys like David West, Andrei Kirilenko & Mehmet Okur were beating him our for All-Star spots in places like Utah and New Orleans.

An actual Hall of Fame caliber player is that caliber of a player regardless of where they play. "Gasol just needed to be in the right place to earn his HOF credentials." Yes...next to Kobe Bryant.

Gasol doesn't belong in the same company as Pippen, Shaq or Wade. Not even close. All guys that were dominant players on their own...not guys that needed to "be in the right place."
Why? Because he's white?

RACIST

Jerkface.

But seriously...freakin' Pau Gasol?!? Really?
Why? Because he's white?

RACIST

Jerkface.

But seriously...freakin' Pau Gasol?!? Really?

I agree
I'd like to know what other players in the league right now "just need the right situation" in order to show that they're beautiful butterflies.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I'd like to know what other players in the league right now "just need the right situation" in order to show that they're beautiful butterflies.

Pau's going to make the Hall of Fame because he got traded to the Lakers. He had no shot before that. He's been the second best player on a team that's won 2 titles. That'll get him in the HOF, because that's how it normally goes.

Pau Gasol would have been HOF if he went to Spurs and won 2 championships. Pau Gasol made the all-star team before David West did, and was snubbed at least twice.

David West got more votes because Hornets were making playoffs...not because he was a better player.

Gasol was averaging 20-10 for two years prior to getting traded to Lakers. He was dominating all right. If he was in the Eastern Conf. he'd be making All-star teams almost every year.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 25, 2011 at 8:34 AM ]

Pau's going to make the Hall of Fame because he got traded to the Lakers. He had no shot before that. He's been the second best player on a team that's won 2 titles. That'll get him in the HOF, because that's how it normally goes.

Pau Gasol would have been HOF if he went to Spurs and won 2 championships. Pau Gasol made the all-star team before David West did, and was snubbed at least twice.

David West got more votes because Hornets were making playoffs...not because he was a better player.

That's my point, 4ML. There are a ton of guys in the league that would be HOFers if they were part of a championship team. Guys like D-Wade, Pippen & Shaq are dominant HOF level players regardless. When Pau gets brought up as a "great" player in the same breath as those guys, I'm reminded of this.

Gasol was averaging 20-10 for two years prior to getting traded to Lakers. He was dominating all right. If he was in the Eastern Conf. he'd be making All-star teams almost every year.

Gasol has never averaged 20-10, only if you round up, and he only averaged over 9 rebounds per game once in Memphis.

By contrast, Zach Randolph has actually averaged 20-10 six times, without the need for statistical generosity. Is he a HOFer? Is he a dominant player?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 25, 2011 at 8:39 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Seriously.

Not a new phenomenon. Fans of every great player try to minimize the efforts of other players around the guy they support.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Gasol has never averaged 20-10, only if you round up, and he only averaged over 9 rebounds per game once in Memphis.

By contrast, Zach Randolph has actually averaged 20-10 six times, without the need for statistical generosity. Is he a HOFer? Is he a dominant player?

Pau was dominant because he was a pretty good shot blocker as well. Zach Randolph is pretty much a big fat 0 in other cats. Gasol is actually pretty damn good passer for a Center as well.

You're right, Gasol didn't get 10 reb/per game in Memphis. He got 9.9 one year, and 8.9 the other year, while averaging 4 assist and 2 blocks a game for 2 years.

If Zach Randolph goes to a team and becomes a vital part of their championship runs or two, he will get into HOF at some point.
Share 49ersWebzone